Offensive Behaviour at Football Act cave in.

Glenconner

Hopefully theyll renounce the very audible sectarian hate singing from a large number of the supporters in the stadium too, fingers crossed.

Yeah and I hope the footballing authorities will not ignore this in light of the other incidents.

Hopefully theyll renounce the very audible sectarian hate singing from a large number of the supporters in the stadium too, fingers crossed.

Wont work with P&B.  There's no consensus on what songs are acceptable and what aren't.

Do you think the signing of a song is comparable in seriousness to invading a park, attacking players, officials and fighting with opposing fans?

I agree with that. Some of the Hibs fans were absolute bams. Those that ran over to the Rangers support and started goading Rangers players. I don't think you can deny an element of the Rangers support were as culpable for invading the pitch and fighting as well.

I think the current Rangers board are doing their best to make these incidents reappear though. Saying Rangers fans that did run on the pitch did the right thing will only empower that element that ran on the pitch looking for a fight. Hibs won't do that and will ban a number of supporters.

This incident was caused by the manner of thd victory. A winning goal seconds from time. I do think that sectarianism still remains a problem though and incidents lke this will keep repeating if it is not sorted. Rangers in particular are beginning to isolate themselves from the rest of Scottish football, and their board needs to sort it out.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Do you think the signing of a song is comparable in seriousness to invading a park, attacking players, officials and fighting with opposing fans?

Rangers fans were also attacking Hibs fans.

Or did you miss the guy with the corner flag or the 7 who tried to kick the shit out of one Hibs fan?

Rangers in particular are beginning to isolate themselves from the rest of Scottish football, and their board needs to sort it out.

I've sat on my hands since yesterday as, rightly, we Bears should take a defeat on the chin.

Yesterday's pitch incursion was not a Rangers problem.  The notion that we're trying to "isolate themselves (ourselves) from the rest of Scottish football" is both ludicrous but also very Pie and Bovril.

If you don't want an argument about pitch invasions then stay in the fucking stands.

I've sat on my hands since yesterday as, rightly, we Bears should take a defeat on the chin.

Yesterday's pitch incursion was not a Rangers problem. The notion that we're trying to "isolate themselves (ourselves) from the rest of Scottish football" is both ludicrous but also very Pie and Bovril.

If you don't want an argument about pitch invasions then stay in the fucking stands.

It was a Rangers (and Hibs) problem. My own view is that they should be going through all the video footage with a fine tooth comb and charge any moron who attacked someone else. The clubs should also give life bans to any individual who is found guilty of such a charge.

One thing it also proved is that the Act didn't deal with 90 minutes of sectarian shite we had to listen to.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Yesterday's pitch incursion was not a Rangers problem. The notion that we're trying to "isolate themselves (ourselves) from the rest of Scottish football" is both ludicrous but also very Pie and Bovril.

You think it looks good that your club is arguing that Govan Proddy Boy should of been on the pitch? Rod Petrie certainly won't be releasing a press statement saying "it woz all just a bit of bantz, no real harm done." He won't say that because he's not mental. Compare the hibs press release with the second Rangers one. Edited by HaikuHibee

A Rangers fan literally tried to abduct a child on that pitch today. That's not protecting "ra peepul". That's creepy and criminal.

But of course, we must *applaud* Rangers fans for the man in question was showing *remarkable restraint* under *severe provocation*.

You think it looks good that your club is arguing that Govan Proddy Boy should of been on the pitch?

Mixing religion with atrocious grammar in the context of Rangers?  Good old P&B - you never fail to deliver.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Mixing religion with atrocious grammar in the context of Rangers?  Good old P&B - you never fail to deliver.

their knuckle dragging fans

Let's add mindless abuse, shall we? 

Is this a thread about The SNP's atrocious bill or has it turned in to yet another Sevco cliche-bucket?

Mixing religion with atrocious grammar in the context of Rangers? Good old P&B - you never fail to deliver.

The guy who wore a Govan Protestant Boys t-shirt to a football match was the one mixing religion and Rangers.

I'm all for using any stick possible to beat Sevco and their supporters with, but even I can't believe that a Rangers fan would use a bit of disorder on the pitch to attempt to abduct a child, that is absolutely ridiculous 😂