Welcome East Stirlng

Queenserse

So I have read that Sludden and Mooney want "to return Shire to the SPFL in one go" (Falkirk Herald). At the same time Tony Ford says â€œNo matter what happens, they must get away from sharing a stadium with Stenhousemuir."

If they return to SPFL, they will be forced to remain in Stenhousemuir. And as it is financially crippling for club it does not seem to be good idea.

It is better to stay in LL for some period and to upgrade some ground in Falkirk area to Lowland League level with long-term prospect for other improvements to SPFL level. To be homeless unstable club in SPFL is worse than to be stabilized football club with its own stadium in Lowland League.

Can´t they upgrade football pitch in Glensburgh where Shire youth teams already play?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have read that Sludden and Mooney want "to return Shire to the SPFL in one go" (Falkirk Herald). At the same time Tony Ford says â€œNo matter what happens, they must get away from sharing a stadium with Stenhousemuir."

If they return to SPFL, they will be forced to remain in Stenhousemuir. And as it is financially crippling for club it does not seem to be good idea.

It is better to stay in LL for some period and to upgrade some ground in Falkirk area to Lowland League level with long-term prospect for other improvements to SPFL level. To be homeless unstable club in SPFL is worse than to be stabilized football club with its own stadium in Lowland League.

Can´t they upgrade football pitch in Glensburgh where Shire youth teams already play?

We aren't forced to stay at Stennie, there are other football grounds in East Stirlingshire

There are issues with Glensburgh. Not least the bulldozers used by phone companies to get at their masts 

We aren't forced to stay at Stennie, there are other football grounds in East Stirlingshire

There are issues with Glensburgh. Not least the bulldozers used by phone companies to get at their masts

where is west Stirlingshire?

There are I believe maps that show both sides of our beloved county

Quite a lot of clubs in Stirlingshire both sporting and social are named East or West Stirlingshire 

The east of the county is the Industrial area around Falkirk, west the more rural area around Stirling 

Actually I wonder if they will be allowed to go up if they do win the LL & play offs without a ground of their own?

In fact, I'm pretty sure that having lost their SPFL status, they will now have no choice but to get one if they are to be allowed back in - can HJ or someone else confirm what the situation would be?

Actually I wonder if they will be allowed to go up if they do win the LL & play offs without a ground of their own?

In fact, I'm pretty sure that having lost their SPFL status, they will now have no choice but to get one if they are to be allowed back in - can HJ or someone else confirm what the situation would be?

No because they are already sfa members. Going by what you say clyde would need to leave too as cumbernauld colts are main leaseholders of broadwood

No because they are already sfa members. Going by what you say clyde would need to leave too as cumbernauld colts are main leaseholders of broadwood

Sorry, but your analogy isn't convincing. It's the SPFL that calls the shots regarding entry to the SPFL leagues, not the SFA.

Again, can someone confirm for certain what the situation is please?

Cove Rangers were going to use Links Park, so a groundshare is no problem where promotion is concerned.

Edit: I don't think Tony Ford (the former Hearts manager?) understands that entry level licensing is enough in the SPFL nowadays and the only extra requirement is floodlights, which I think will soon be mandatory at LL level as well as it is in the HL. I suspect the athletics stadium in Grangemouth would be OK for SPFL entry, as long as the Shire had first call on fixtures.

Is Forthbank too far away for the Shire.

It is not EAST Stirlingshire

I don't think Tony Ford (the former Hearts manager?) understands that entry level licensing is enough in the SPFL...

Tony Ford, former East Stirlingshire chairman

I suspect the athletics stadium in Grangemouth would be OK for SPFL entry, as long as the Shire had first call on fixtures.

There is no worse combination than athletic truck + football.

Sorry, but your analogy isn't convincing. It's the SPFL that calls the shots regarding entry to the SPFL leagues, not the SFA.

Again, can someone confirm for certain what the situation is please?

Given that Cove were going to be allowed up without a ground of their own, I fail to see what the problem would be with the Shire.

It is not EAST Stirlingshire

Tony Ford, former East Stirlingshire chairman

There is no worse combination than athletic truck + football.

I'm aware of that how far is it from Larbert to Stirling was only trying to save you pennies :o

So what your saying is you wouldn't want yer team to play fitba closer to home.

Just you keep on trucking :)

Archived