Welcome East Stirlng

Queenserse

Sorry worded my post wrong, I don't know him personally but think I had an altercation with him when alloa cup game was postponed and me and a mate just headed into Stenhousemuir on the train to watch stenny vs EK. It was a last minute decision so we went to the warriors club and genuinely had two pints each, at the ground I found out their was a student gate so let two EK fans in front of me to get my student card out. The steward came out telling me I was too drunk to be at the football and even a few other stewards tried to tell him I was fine, I explained I'd had two drinks and he told me that it was illegal to be in a pub three hours before a football match begins then try and enter the ground ( :lol: ) but eventually another steward convinced him to let me in. My mate was already inside and had no idea about it at the time until I got in.

Oh jeez what a walloper, stewards never make it easy for themselves at ochilview.

If were staying there next season were due a meeting with them to see if we can sort out our problems.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope John Sludden works out as manager for you guys. His record at Bo'ness and Camelon is not too shabby.

wonder if he will persuade Derek Ure to re-sign from Camelon? Always a player I'd love to have seen Montrose sign a few years ago.

Starts with a blank sheet of paper anyway, and more than capable of putting a decent squad together in the weeks ahead.

Do Falkirk Juniors not already play at the Grangemouth Stadium, would East Stirlingshire be able to rent it as well?  I know other teams share grounds but none of them are used for other events like Athletics.

Hope John Sludden works out as manager for you guys. His record at Bo'ness and Camelon is not too shabby.

wonder if he will persuade Derek Ure to re-sign from Camelon? Always a player I'd love to have seen Montrose sign a few years ago.

Starts with a blank sheet of paper anyway, and more than capable of putting a decent squad together in the weeks ahead.

Derek Ure was a great servant to our club and one of the most committed I have ever seen. Unfortunately I severely doubt that he'll be back. There are a few other players in yhe Camelon team who I'd take in heartbeat though

Derek Ure was a great servant to our club and one of the most committed I have ever seen. Unfortunately I severely doubt that he'll be back. There are a few other players in yhe Camelon team who I'd take in heartbeat though

derek ure wont want the travelling. Good luck to shire in lowland. who would u eant from camelon

derek ure wont want the travelling. Good luck to shire in lowland. who would u eant from camelon

I reckon thay Gregor Fotheringham would be a good addition to the midfield, David Grant is a goal machine and we need a goalscorer. If Craigy D maintained fitness and had an injury-free spell I'd love to see him back at the shire.

Ex camelon manager sludden got shire job?

Good manager and his record at Camelon is actually impressive. Considering the pi*h he had to be put up with throughout

He will have many contacts at youth level and a lot of his signings at Camelon were ex pro youth players still trying to prove a point. I assume Martin Mooney will be his no.2?

All the best to the Shire next season. Just hope the away grounds stock up with the drink. A thirstier bunch of away fans I've not seen. Although QP run them close.

Any time I saw either side at Borough Briggs, most of their fans were three sheets to the wind. But I put that down to a long journey from Glasgow/Falkirk and the fact that neither side could possibly be watched while sober...

Obviously this season's outcome would suggest that only one of those sides couldn't be watched while sober.

All the best to the Shire next season. Just hope the away grounds stock up with the drink. A thirstier bunch of away fans I've not seen. Although QP run them close.

Yes Qp certainly seem to like a gargle.

As seen when they played Gretna in the Scottish 2014

How many of the playing squad will remain?

Only one player is actually contracted for next season, Neil McCabe, but the rest im not sure. A few have stated their desire to stay but whether sludden will want them or not is a different story.

There's a meet the manager at the supporters club agm on Monday so hopefully we'll know more by then.

Archived