Welcome East Stirlng

Queenserse

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next Season Shire will be playing in 7 Cup competitions as follows (unless I've missed one out):

Scottish Cup

Scottish League Cup

Scottish Challenge Cup

Stirlingshire Cup

Lowland League Cup

South Challenge Cup

East of Scotland Qualifying Cup

With the Scottish league cup having a section group this will be potential a lot of games to fit in on top of either 28 or 30 league games (depending on the size of the Lowland League. Really looking forward to all those cup games but hope it doesn't impact too much on our league campaign. Talking of which hopefully there will be some news in the next week of which players are going, which few are re-signing and if the manager is staying or not.

Next Season Shire will be playing in 7 Cup competitions as follows (unless I've missed one out):

Scottish Cup

Scottish League Cup

Scottish Challenge Cup

Stirlingshire Cup

Lowland League Cup

South Challenge Cup

East of Scotland Qualifying Cup

With the Scottish league cup having a section group this will be potential a lot of games to fit in on top of either 28 or 30 league games (depending on the size of the Lowland League. Really looking forward to all those cup games but hope it doesn't impact too much on our league campaign. Talking of which hopefully there will be some news in the next week of which players are going, which few are re-signing and if the manager is staying or not.

Tbf, since it started the LL League Cup knockouts have been run at the end of the season - after the league ends and in tandem with the playoffs since they started, with the champion exempt. Otherwise all the clubs apart from the champion would end-up with nothing to play for after mid-April.

These new SPFL League Cup sections are played in July before the season begins.

So the main body of the season is not much different to what you'd get in SPFL2... 28 or 30 games instead of 36, but with an extra cup.

As noted you're getting the Petrofac as well, presumably; but as things stand you wouldn't be in it or the SPFL League Cup after next season - unless you won the league, of course.

Social club is still there in the car park but is nothing to do with the football club. They have their own "wee bar" inside the ground. Same as us where I'm sure you'll be made most welcome.

I certainly was made welcome at your place last season :)  It was a bit of a tight squeeze but very welcoming 

The wee bar inside sounds fine

Are the stewards the same at Stenhousemuir and east Stirlingshire games? If so I think I know the steward mentioned in this thread.

There's all decent folk except the main man if you know him tell him to leave

Surprised it has come to this. Heard 1 mths ago he was going to leave on his choice whether we stayed up or not. Maybe he changed his mind. Club will have potential severance now if this is the case.

Any word if shire getting a new stadium? Hope you go straight back up

We've had planning permission in place for a while now but no money to act on it!

Surprised it has come to this. Heard 1 mths ago he was going to leave on his choice whether we stayed up or not. Maybe he changed his mind. Club will have potential severance now if this is the case.

His contract was up on Friday and they have chosen not to renew it, the media at it's best twisting things so they can make it seem more dramatic.

I was wondering if we would play some of these cups away from Stennie. I've read on here that Stirling Uni don't play all their games at forthbank

Looking after the pennies you know

I spent some time speaking to a couple of East Stirlingshire directors pre game last week and nothing was mentioned that we are moving out of Ochilview. I have heard the Grangemouth Stadium rumours and personal I would love to move out of Ochilview asap. to ANYWHERE else. There were a good number of Shire fans who never made the move to Ochilview, Bizarrely a number of them turned up yesterday for the game - if they thought they were supporting the club in troubled times then really they should have been back long before now. 8 years not supporting your club either home or away and then just turning up for this one game is not supporting the club in my book, I wonder what they got out of it. It will be interesting if we see them again come August.

I was really concerned re our financial position and demise for the coming season by staying at Ochilview and was advised by the directors that we are ok for at least 1 year. For me why waste money for 1 year staying at Ochilview and then having to face financial meltdown the season after ? Get it sorted out now.

I work for the company that owns the stadium in Grangemouth and nothing has been discussed. There was plans about 8 or 9 years ago that went quite far but nothing happened. only rumours I'm afraid. 

There's all decent folk except the main man if you know him tell him to leave

Sorry worded my post wrong, I don't know him personally but think I had an altercation with him when alloa cup game was postponed and me and a mate just headed into Stenhousemuir on the train to watch stenny vs EK. It was a last minute decision so we went to the warriors club and genuinely had two pints each, at the ground I found out their was a student gate so let two EK fans in front of me to get my student card out. The steward came out telling me I was too drunk to be at the football and even a few other stewards tried to tell him I was fine, I explained I'd had two drinks and he told me that it was illegal to be in a pub three hours before a football match begins then try and enter the ground ( :lol: ) but eventually another steward convinced him to let me in. My mate was already inside and had no idea about it at the time until I got in.

Archived