Welcome East Stirlng

Queenserse

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A season, which really doesn't seem that bad given what they would have been spending on basic maintenance if they still had Firs Park. If £400 a game has been an issue despite it taking just 33 adult paying spectators to generate at £12 each, you have to wonder how many people have really been paying to get in to their games given all the money they will have received from the various league and SFA handouts.

I can't see them getting a better deal than that, even without being able generate pie money etc. There's other clubs would bite your hand of for that.

More like £37k pa. sadly and Stenhousemuir also get all the pie hut money (worth £5k pa plus)

Shire have only 1 signed player going into the new season - McCabe

Thought that Townsley was retiring ?

Re Tully - the rumours last month was he was going to part from the club at the end of this season whether we stayed in the league or not. Just rumours but Shire fans would welcome some clarity

Towners was brilliant when he played for us, would love to see him back, I know our Big MacK is going under the knife soon, so we need

I spoke to Moosh after the game too, he's another I'd have back within a blink of an eye

I spoke to a couple of Spartans old boys before kick off, both looked in top physical shape, their experience would be priceless.

Next season is now the priority & how we build for that challenge.

Sammy ain't daft, he sees far more than me, I have faith he will lead us on to the next stage.

Grimbo

East Stirlingshire topic to spartans in a dozen posts.who would believe it....any East Stirlingshire fans looking in get used to it

The pricing should be £5/£2 but i don't know if we would be able to cope with such a massive drop in prices. If we stay here for a number of years then our price will eventually settle at that level. I reckon we might be £7 minimum in all honesty.

As a side note I'm really looking forward to playing Whitehill again, the cup tie a few years ago was a fantastic day.

That was a good day and a good crowd - despite the result!

I think you'll get away with charging £7/8 no problem. BSC currently charge £7.

£5 is too cheap in my opinion anyway and we should be looking to price it a bit higher.

Towner did a feature with the Alloa programme a couple of years back in which he said he was very keen to get into refereeing. I thought at first he was joking, but seemed to be sincere! Still plenty of time left as a player if he wants to keep going. Would be a great replacement for Mbu at Edinburgh City if they could get him.

Good luck to the Shire, hope they can get some stability and a long term home of their own, before coming back stronger.

More like £37k pa. sadly and Stenhousemuir also get all the pie hut money (worth £5k pa plus)

Shire have only 1 signed player going into the new season - McCabe

Thought that Townsley was retiring ?

Re Tully - the rumours last month was he was going to part from the club at the end of this season whether we stayed in the league or not. Just rumours but Shire fans would welcome some clarity

So that's where pccabe disappeared to...

Thanks for the welcome.

The only positive about relegation is that we get away from playing the same 9 teams 4 times a season

Gretna was a superb away trip, and I am looking forward to going back there again

Is the social club still there? I am sure someone told me it was knocked down

I've been to a few of the grounds before but there are some new ones to tick off

A season, which really doesn't seem that bad given what they would have been spending on basic maintenance if they still had Firs Park. If £400 a game has been an issue despite it taking just 33 adult paying spectators to generate at £12 each, you have to wonder how many people have really been paying to get in to their games given all the money they will have received from the various league and SFA handouts.

Any chance you could do the maths for me?

I can't get the £400 figure no matter how I put it in my calculator  

Thanks for the welcome.

The only positive about relegation is that we get away from playing the same 9 teams 4 times a season

Gretna was a superb away trip, and I am looking forward to going back there again

Is the social club still there? I am sure someone told me it was knocked down

I've been to a few of the grounds before but there are some new ones to tick off

Social club is still there in the car park but is nothing to do with the football club.

They have their own "wee bar" inside the ground.

Same as us where I'm sure you'll be made most welcome.

what's happening with the shire squad wise?who were your stand out players this season if you had any!!!Heard montrose were after your keeper Barnard would also take David mckenna if he was looking to move on.

Berwick and Linlithgow Rose too. If it was my choice then I'd choose Linlithgow Rose every day of the week!

Any chance you could do the maths for me?

I can't get the £400 figure no matter how I put it in my calculator  

The £400 thing was something I saw mentioned in another thread by one of your fellow supporters. There seem to be quite a wide range of numbers floating about on this and no agreed consensus. If any of you are shareholders, you should be getting to see the annual accounts, so somebody on here probably knows what the real numbers are.

Who's 'Big Chief Red'??

I'm in for some stick on certain away trips coz I hear that Gala, East Kilbride and Preston's grounds are right beside their rugby counterparts lolol.

Head steward mate who shouts at us and stop talking about rugby !

Selkirk is very near to Selkirk RFC - same access road.

If Hawick Royal Albert ascend - or you get them in a cup - they're adjacent to Hawick RFC, like Gala, EK, Preston.

Duns is adjacent to Duns RFC.

Peebles Rovers ground actually doubles as a cricket pitch and is very near Peebles RFC.

Archived