Welcome East Stirlng

Queenserse

Given that East Stirlingshire are members of the Stirlingshire FA I take there might be an issue with us playing in the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup ? Or am I just talking rubbish and there are no restrictions ?

this season, BSC, Cumbernauld, Dalbeattie and Threave all did not enter. EK did though while the last pair entered the D&G regional cup, the Southern Counties.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's quite a few, a lot more than on the HL threads.

As you know Marr,we have our own forum "Fitba North". The LL will be an exciting league next year what with Shire there now,a rejuvenated EK,Spartans won't be far away,a new team being elected in(hopefully HRA) and possibly St.Cuthberts replacing Threave.

what's happening with the shire squad wise?who were your stand out players this season if you had any!!!Heard montrose were after your keeper Barnard would also take David mckenna if he was looking to move on.

Apparently Barnard wants to stay and become a player coach, but wants to be on the bench to give Dolan the experience. Neil McCabe is still contracted so he will still be with us. My player of the season was Connor Greene, although the gaffer seemed to keep on dropping him from the squad for no reason and after speaking to Connor he didn't know why he had been dropped either. McKenna is a really good player when given the correct service it's just a shame that he received little to none this season. Chris Townsley was also an outstanding player, struggle to remember a time when a player has beaten him in the air. Full back kinnaird is also a good player.

Given that East Stirlingshire are members of the Stirlingshire FA I take there might be an issue with us playing in the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup ? Or am I just talking rubbish and there are no restrictions ?

this season, BSC, Cumbernauld, Dalbeattie and Threave all did not enter. EK did though while the last pair entered the D&G regional cup, the Southern Counties.

Don't panic.

Burntisland Shipyard are members of both the Fifeshire and EOS FAs, entering all their cups (the EOSFA also runs a King Cup for EOS League clubs only).

"East of Scotland FA" has become something of a misnomer anyway. It's virtually a "Lowland FA"... Participants including Berwick, Gretna, Stirling Uni and East Kilbride. Indeed EK are the current holders of the EOS Qualifying Cup.

For reasons of historical anomaly Dalbeattie Star and Threave Rovers play in the Southern Counties Cup.

There is one further cup, the South Challenge Cup, entered by all the clubs in tiers 5 & 6 (plus SFA members Glasgow University).

It's the most prestigious.

Really hoping Craig Tully goes, and if we get someone in who knows the league and can attract a few decent players along with keeping Townsley/Dolan/fisher/mckenna/lloyd and some of the younger boys I really think we could be in for a decent season. Don't think anyone is expecting us to go straight back up, or even win the league, but a top 2-4 finish is very realistic I reckon. Hope the board make decisions sooner rather than later.

Hello everyone !

Nice to meet you all in the next coming months,

Couple of things been posted,

can't see the pricing come down to £5 (would be fantastic if so) £7/8 i imagine.

Hopefully tully is away ASAP,

Players I would keep- Dolan as first choice, Richie player/coach, Connor Greene and Neil McCabe he's signed already. Young striker Gavin McMillan too.

Townsley will be offski to juniors unfortunately.

Would having prices at £7 or £8 not be pretty catch 22? I'd imagine having the orices higher thsn all other clubs thst you will alienate any away followings from other clubs.

Would having prices at £7 or £8 not be pretty catch 22? I'd imagine having the orices higher thsn all other clubs thst you will alienate any away followings from other clubs.

One of those things which is hard to find the perfect balance, I doubt many will decide to not go and support their team over the fuss of a couple quid (assuming it is £7/£6. We'd all love for it to be £5 but that is quite a substantial drop. Time will tell.

One of those things which is hard to find the perfect balance, I doubt many will decide to not go and support their team over the fuss of a couple quid (assuming it is £7/£8). We'd all love for it to be £5 but that is quite a substantial drop. Time will tell.

Problem being though thst out of principle you may lose the away support if you try to go above the status quo. I read somewhere (may have actually been on here) that the shire will actually get more this year in parachute payments than they would've if they stayed up. Surely that would help with bringing prices to £5?

Problem being though thst out of principle you may lose the away support if you try to go above the status quo. I read somewhere (may have actually been on here) that the shire will actually get more this year in parachute payments than they would've if they stayed up. Surely that would help with bringing prices to £5?

I believe that is the case with parachute payments. However, we don't get that until the end of next season (I've read somewhere else its been changed to christmas, unsure though) and with the cost of renting Ochilview being around £15,000 then it's tough to only charge a fiver. Depending how long we're down here for I'm pretty sure the price will go down to that eventually, as we apparently only have one year left at Ochilview (thank f**k.)

I believe that is the case with parachute payments. However, we don't get that until the end of next season (I've read somewhere else its been changed to christmas, unsure though) and with the cost of renting Ochilview being around £15,000 then it's tough to only charge a fiver. Depending how long we're down here for I'm pretty sure the price will go down to that eventually, as we apparently only have one year left at Ochilview (thank f**k.)

£15k for what...a game, a month, a season?

I didn't even consider costs of renting ochilview it slipped my mind completely. What's the plans after ochilview is it the athletics stadium in Grangemouth?

You have too also remember that we're losing big away supports like Stirling and Clyde charging £12 a head and replacing them with BSC and Stirling Uni.

You have too also remember that we're losing big away supports like Stirling and Clyde charging £12 a head and replacing them with BSC and Stirling Uni.

At least you'll be able to find Cumbernauld Colts and Stirling Uni's parks,

You get your payments from the SPFL 2 or 3 times during the season.

The £40,000 parachute payment roughly works out at £1,000 pw during the playing season which in reality isn't much to run a football club on, there would have to be major cutbacks if they dropped the price to £5.

£15k for what...a game, a month, a season?

A season, which really doesn't seem that bad given what they would have been spending on basic maintenance if they still had Firs Park. If £400 a game has been an issue despite it taking just 33 adult paying spectators to generate at £12 each, you have to wonder how many people have really been paying to get in to their games given all the money they will have received from the various league and SFA handouts.

A season, which really doesn't seem that bad given what they would have been spending on basic maintenance if they still had Firs Park. If £400 a game has been an issue despite it taking just 33 adult paying spectators to generate at £12 each, you have to wonder how many people have really been paying to get in to their games given all the money they will have received from the various league and SFA handouts.

Other factors come into it too such as we don't generate any income from the pie hut, things like that all add up.

Other factors come into it too such as we don't generate any income from the pie hut, things like that all add up.

£400 per game isn't that bad I can tell you Cowden pay a lot more than that!

Hello everyone !

Nice to meet you all in the next coming months,

Couple of things been posted,

can't see the pricing come down to £5 (would be fantastic if so) £7/8 i imagine.

Hopefully tully is away ASAP,

Players I would keep- Dolan as first choice, Richie player/coach, Connor Greene and Neil McCabe he's signed already. Young striker Gavin McMillan too.

Townsley will be offski to juniors unfortunately.

Towners was brilliant when he played for us, would love to see him back, I know our Big MacK is going under the knife soon, so we need quality in.

I spoke to Moosh after the game too, he's another I'd have back within a blink of an eye

I spoke to a couple of Spartans old boys before kick off, both looked in top physical shape, their experience would be priceless.

Next season is now the priority & how we build for that challenge.

Sammy ain't daft, he sees far more than me, I have faith he will lead us on to the next stage.

Grimbo

Archived