Welcome East Stirlng

Queenserse

I know it must be hurting but it's not the end of the world. There are some great places to visit, all of whom are welcoming (and sell pies and beer). It's a chance to take a breather and regroup. I think if you approach it with the right attitude you'll have a great time and move on. For the rest of us in

the SLFL it's great to have you. After all what's wrong with pies and beer?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looking forward to the cheap days out and some new grounds. hopefully we'll be out of here in a season or two, but I can't really see it. realistic to say us and ochilview (sorry, it's really shite) are in it for the long run.

im sure it'll be a gid laugh

They actually put their prices up for the match, I understand they charged £12 this season. I was pleasantly surprised that City only charged a fiver for the 1st leg. Can't see them getting away with that sort or fee in the LL, isn't it usually £7?

Looking forward to our 1st season in the Lowland League in a few months time. Been to most of the grounds, barr a few, and seen Shire play at number of them.

The Scottish League has gone for us for the time being so no point in worrying it.

Our biggest issue at the moment is not having a ground. Staying at Ochilview is financially crippling and might in the end see us off. Really hope that the club can afford to drop the entry price - this probably will be dictated by the cost we have to continue to stump up for renting Ochilview.

I spent some time speaking to a couple of East Stirlingshire directors pre game last week and nothing was mentioned that we are moving out of Ochilview. I have heard the Grangemouth Stadium rumours and personal I would love to move out of Ochilview asap. to ANYWHERE else. There were a good number of Shire fans who never made the move to Ochilview, Bizarrely a number of them turned up yesterday for the game - if they thought they were supporting the club in troubled times then really they should have been back long before now. 8 years not supporting your club either home or away and then just turning up for this one game is not supporting the club in my book, I wonder what they got out of it. It will be interesting if we see them again come August.

I was really concerned re our financial position and demise for the coming season by staying at Ochilview and was advised by the directors that we are ok for at least 1 year. For me why waste money for 1 year staying at Ochilview and then having to face financial meltdown the season after ? Get it sorted out now.

Given that East Stirlingshire are members of the Stirlingshire FA I take there might be an issue with us playing in the East of Scotland Qualifying Cup ? Or am I just talking rubbish and there are no restrictions ?

There's a board meeting very soon to discuss all these things I believe, I highly doubt we'll be charging £5 though. Are there many active posters in the Lowland League?

So what do you reckon the pricing should be in the LL bud ?

So what do you reckon the pricing should be in the LL bud ?

The pricing should be £5/£2 but i don't know if we would be able to cope with such a massive drop in prices. If we stay here for a number of years then our price will eventually settle at that level. I reckon we might be £7 minimum in all honesty.

As a side note I'm really looking forward to playing Whitehill again, the cup tie a few years ago was a fantastic day.

There's a board meeting very soon to discuss all these things I believe, I highly doubt we'll be charging £5 though. Are there many active posters in the Lowland League?

There's quite a few, a lot more than on the HL threads.

Looking forward to cheap days out and some new stadiums, maybe see the shire have a successful season for once and finish high in a league table.

I'm sure it will be a good season or two hopefully.

what's happening with the shire squad wise?who were your stand out players this season if you had any!!!Heard montrose were after your keeper Barnard would also take David mckenna if he was looking to move on.

Archived