Queen's Park FC 2016/17 Thread

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, The_Judge said:

Has Anton Brady played much for QP this season?  He was one of EK's better players last season.  Classy midfielder BUT possibly just a wee bit lightweight.

Not been getting much opportunity but when he has played and gets on the ball and heads for goal. Nice touch and close ball control.I think he's a winner. Very direct and surprisingly competitive for his build. Hope he gets some more grass time as the season gets older.

Will you get promoted this year so we can have a proper derby?;)

Is the club even aware we have drawn Montrose at home in the cup?There has been absolutely zilch about it on their website, facebook, or twitter. Maybe they are waiting until they know where and when we're playing before they confirm anything....

• 4 weeks later...

Three years ago this weekend, we were being pumped 5-0 at home to Peterhead in the last game before being decanted to Airdrie for a year. Promotion and competing at the level at any time in the near future seemed utterly impossible at that point. We've gone from that to second place in League Two, followed by promotion and now very much holding our own in League One. The job that Gus, his staff, and many of the players, have done has been nothing short of absolutely remarkable.

Basically, the remaining wreckage of the worst QP side ever and a team of guys cobbled together from the juniors have got us where we are just now. We still face a huge fight to stay up, but it's sometimes good to take stock and have a look at just how much we've achieved. If we can stay up, it'll be an even bigger achievement than promotion was. Not a terrible time to be a Queen's Park fan. 

On 20/11/2016 at 11:26, an86 said:

Three years ago this weekend, we were being pumped 5-0 at home to Peterhead in the last game before being decanted to Airdrie for a year. Promotion and competing at the level at any time in the near future seemed utterly impossible at that point. We've gone from that to second place in League Two, followed by promotion and now very much holding our own in League One. The job that Gus, his staff, and many of the players, have done has been nothing short of absolutely remarkable.

Basically, the remaining wreckage of the worst QP side ever and a team of guys cobbled together from the juniors have got us where we are just now. We still face a huge fight to stay up, but it's sometimes good to take stock and have a look at just how much we've achieved. If we can stay up, it'll be an even bigger achievement than promotion was. Not a terrible time to be a Queen's Park fan. 

Pretty good summation of the situation, AN.  I've been impressed at how well the guys have stepped up, and Gus has brought in some very useful players.  I'm surprised at the gap between the First and what was, admittedly, a pretty poor Second.  Stenny scudded us 3/0 and yet are struggling really badly.

If Gus keeps us up without having to go through the play offs, he deserves a medal the size of a dustbin lid.

16 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Was hoping i would read that but still a QP player after all and always small chance Gus wouldnt want him cup tied...

Given this is the second time Gus has binned him for disciplinary reasons then I'd be surprised if he recalled him no matter what nick our team was in

He's an arse-lickin. badge kissin one-trick-pony. Gus has played a blinder dumping him on Clyde. Watched their highlights and he's managed to squeeze himself into every goal celebration like they're all his best mates. The guy's got some kind of personality disorder imho. 

Remember a game at Berwick in his first spell when he was suspended and persuaded Jambo - who was injured - to come round to the Dookit. Kept looking over his shoulder at the fans - honestly think he was expecting us to give him some kind of chant or round of applause. Jambo clocked it and walked away and left him. 

Plenty of good, honest workers in our squad. Miller can shove his Billy's Boots up his arse. Rant over. Thankyou.

He's an arse-lickin. badge kissin one-trick-pony. Gus has played a blinder dumping him on Clyde. Watched their highlights and he's managed to squeeze himself into every goal celebration like they're all his best mates. The guy's got some kind of personality disorder imho. 

Remember a game at Berwick in his first spell when he was suspended and persuaded Jambo - who was injured - to come round to the Dookit. Kept looking over his shoulder at the fans - honestly think he was expecting us to give him some kind of chant or round of applause. Jambo clocked it and walked away and left him. 

Plenty of good, honest workers in our squad. Miller can shove his Billy's Boots up his arse. Rant over. Thankyou.

He persuaded Jambo. You know that for sure. Aye ??..

17 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

What was he meant to have done...

Heard that he threw his toys out the pram after getting subbed in the Stennie defeat, then missed training the following week as he fucked off to Germany to watch Celtic.

I rate Miller - especially his set pieces - and obviously Gus did as well as he was a regular in the team during both his spells at the club. With regards to his popularity amongst the support, I'd say the majority liked him - well the majority that I go with on the supporters bus to the games anyway  -  but each to their own. If what I've heard is true then not sure what the lad is thinking. It was only going to end one way. 

9 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

Heard that he threw his toys out the pram after getting subbed in the Stennie defeat, then missed training the following week as he fucked off to Germany to watch Celtic.

I rate Miller - especially his set pieces - and obviously Gus did as well as he was a regular in the team during both his spells at the club. With regards to his popularity amongst the support, I'd say the majority liked him - well the majority that I go with on the supporters bus to the games anyway  -  but each to their own. If what I've heard is true then not sure what the lad is thinking. It was only going to end one way. 

On his day, he's an an absolutely smashing player. However, we can't have a guy who puts himself before the team in the squad. Was surprised when Gus gave him a second chance, and I doubt he'll be getting a third one.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 22:11, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Bit early to be talking about the play-offs HD but to be honest, i can't see Airdrie lasting the pace;)

That will be the Airdrie side you have failed to defeat this season and now much improved on the squads you failed to defeat. Look forward to setting the pace to see if you can stay ahead of Albion rovers

Archived