CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Must be on a decent wage or getting decent gammies from physio to stay there considering forfar n arbroath throwing coin at new signings...

Think next season going to be even harder to get out but few good away trips via embraðŸº

Heard Fraser is on a VERY good wage. Wasn't worth as much as I've heard anyway, better players out there. Think the Mo throwing their eggs in the one basket with him he'll need to produce the goods again.

Just read the Stirling Albion thread and it says they've signed Chris smith , is that our Chris smith ?

Pretty sure they had somebody else with the same name playing for them last season.

The only good thing about yesterday was that it made crystal clear as to who to keep and who to get shot off.

Would agree with the previous posts, keep Smith, Millen, Linton, Scott Mclaughlin, Marsh, McGovern and Kilpatrick. Marko am guessing will still be a registered player for next season but doubt he will play too often. Everyone else can go.

Id keep Gibson, Smith, Marko, Durie, Linton, McLaughlin, Scott Ferguson, JP McGovern, Marsh, Kirkpatrick, Gemmell, Watson, Gormley.

Gibson and Gormley as back up though not first team starters.

Would be good to get Waters, McMann and Millen back too.

Add those to the confirmed signings, and if we can get another keeper, centre back or 2 and 2 strikers I think we'll do well next season.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

I think we all agree about most of the players to keep.

I would disagree about Marsh though. I think he shows lots of effort but lacks ability. No also to Gibson, Gormley, Scott McLaughlin, Durie and Bolo.

We cannot complain about lack of mobility in midfield and keep McLaughlin.

We need pace, movement and ability in the midfield. I'm not sure he offers any of the three

Think the season has been most enjoyable for years there is progress on park but ultimately we failed in not going up still we now need some progress off the park get the ground situation sorted and create revenue streams there is a correlation between budget and success

Are we still expecting to have a new chairman and finance director ? as both indicated that they were stepping down in the summer might be good to get some fresh ideas at the top

Any fan would be disappointed at losing out on a promotion place but it is surprising how many of the Clyde supporters posting on P&B blame everyone and everything except an inadequate team and or manager for yet another failure.

It must have been devastating when being second choice to greyhounds forced you to start wandering and being second choice to the BMX bandits must have rubbed salt into the wounds. Maybe now is the time for a radical change......rebranding.

A change of name

A new home

Sign 30-40 players players from higher leagues.

This could herald the start of a new era for Clyde as the sleeping giant of Scottish football is currently comatose.

I am paraphrasing but several months ago Alimentary explained how better players were almost tripping over themselves to work under the genius that is Barry. His day may come but at the moment things seem to have gone badly wrong somewhere.

Any fan would be disappointed at losing out on a promotion place but it is surprising how many of the Clyde supporters posting on P&B blame everyone and everything except an inadequate team and or manager for yet another failure.

It must have been devastating when being second choice to greyhounds forced you to start wandering and being second choice to the BMX bandits must have rubbed salt into the wounds. Maybe now is the time for a radical change......rebranding.

A change of name

A new home

This could herald the start of a new era for Clyde as the sleeping giant of Scottish football is currently comatose.

I am paraphrasing but several months ago Alimentary explained how better players were almost tripping over themselves to work under the genius that is Barry. His day may come but at the moment things seem to have gone badly wrong somewhere.

You seem greatly concerned about our club why don't you join as an owner and get some input to the club

A change of name

A new home

I am paraphrasing but several months ago Alimentary explained how better players were almost tripping over themselves to work under the genius that is Barry. His day may come but at the moment things seem to have gone badly wrong somewhere.[/

quote]

Wa*ker alert......I repeat wa*ker alert!

Id keep Gibson, Smith, Marko, Durie, Linton, McLaughlin, Scott Ferguson, JP McGovern, Marsh, Kirkpatrick, Gemmell, Watson, Gormley.

Gibson and Gormley as back up though not first team starters.

Would be good to get Waters, McMann and Millen back too.

Add those to the confirmed signings, and if we can get another keeper, centre back or 2 and 2 strikers I think we'll do well next season.

Pretty much agree, although certainly not Gormley, Watson, Gibson or Durie .

McMann on loan for a year would be good and as you say a proper Centre Back and Keeper. Ironically, despite our disappointing playoff final matches, if QP did not have a decent keeper we might actually have won. The value of a good goalkeeper.

i think tocs right clyde are to big a club to be in this legue we should be in championship at least think barry is still lerning and will be a grate manager one day gary naysmith has come good we are a big club no dout and need to get in some good players for next season beleve in barry he nos what hes doin

i think tocs right clyde are to big a club to be in this legue we should be in championship at least think barry is still lerning and will be a grate manager one day gary naysmith has come good we are a big club no dout and need to get in some good players for next season beleve in barry he nos what hes doin

Thank goodness Jamesy, a voice of reason at Clyde. You seem to know where Clyde are heading.

Please tell me you don't mix with that Clyde Trendy Boy (did he really choose that name ?) who called me a wa*nker. He seems a bit uncouth.