CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Anyone know exactly when Norrie Innes officially starts as chairman? 

Even though he hasn't started officially, I'd like to think he's had some input looking forward to next year. With a plan set up for staying up, or if the worst did happen. 

Priority for me is a manager by the start of June, or very latest into middle of the month, to give him time to assess and get new guys in. 

However, at least I can go away for a fortnight on Sunday and enjoy not being in a playoff, but can look forward to what will happen. 

15 minutes ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Then you're a part of the problem, in my eyes. It was all different 72 hours ago, was it not? 

Not sure what the 72 hours is about. Nothing has changed for me that we had to get through this season and move forwards.

At least you had the decency to quantify in your eyes. Eyes that you have stated won't be back, so a pointless conversation from now on

Anyone know exactly when Norrie Innes officially starts as chairman? 
Even though he hasn't started officially, I'd like to think he's had some input looking forward to next year. With a plan set up for staying up, or if the worst did happen. 
Priority for me is a manager by the start of June, or very latest into middle of the month, to give him time to assess and get new guys in. 
However, at least I can go away for a fortnight on Sunday and enjoy not being in a playoff, but can look forward to what will happen. 

When does he get officially voted on as chairman ?

5 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

There's an open meeting with Norrie Innes and David Douglas on the 3rd of June in Glasgow city centre. I'm not going to disclose the exact location on here but can say via PM. 

For those who here who are very critical off the board, please take this opportunity to go and make your points. No point constantly putting out on here when the new chairman and CEO are willing to sit down and listen. 

An open meeting at a secret location? Maybe they've put in a bid for George Square for the new park.

His relevance is he has still been actively involved with the club and is keen to take us forward.

In what way?

I'm quite within my rights to question why someone who stood down as CEO is still telling people he is CEO.

I'd assume one of the next announcements will be Heartfelt renewing their shirt sponsorship for next season....

In what way?

I'm quite within my rights to question why someone who stood down as CEO is still telling people he is CEO.

I'd assume one of the next announcements will be Heartfelt renewing their shirt sponsorship for next season....

Why not come along and ask the man yourself?

Tend to agree with EP on this. It all went tits up after him and Fergie fell out in Nov and promises not delivered. No role at the club currently so why is he allowed to be involved in something as crucial as this?

He has stated his intention to be very much involved going forward. Possible some would not have seen this as was on his personal Facebook. If he is keen to get involved and can bring investment etc to the club then surely it makes sense to see what he has to say and what his vision and plans are and how that aligns with Norrie?

Perhaps this should have remained where it was, until David himself wished to publicly outline his own plans and their extent, perhaps at the meeting itself? Its little wonder the clubs in the state its in, if every time someone thinks about getting involved in some way, it comes out in dribs and drabs like this.....i've spoken with him personally too about many club issues, ajd many others also, as have many of my closest friends, but i respect all our privacies to keep it there until he makes the next move. Isn't this the sort of thing a lot of supporters wish to fire Tennent and Gracey out of a canonette over, being accused of all fart and no shite? This is the future of our club we're talking about here, we should be respecting it a lot better than we are. 

I do intend to state anything on here that he hasn't himself put out in channels for anyone to see however I take on board what you're saying. Apologies if this is what has came across.

Before this meeting was arranged he asked anyone wanting to discuss Clyde and the future with him to do so. He will be more than forthcoming with anyone that wants to speak to him about all aspects Clyde as you and others you mention know.

All communications regarding the club and it's activities from club officials should be through the official club site.

One of the thing that does annoy me is information being shared in an informal manner and to personal associates of people at the club or on personal social media pages.

How many times do you hear gossip at the matches that is claimed to originate from board members or others at the club!

Let everyone know or no one.

All communications regarding the club and it's activities from club officials should be through the official club site.

One of the thing that does annoy me is information being shared in an informal manner and to personal associates of people at the club or on personal social media pages.

How many times do you hear gossip at the matches that is claimed to originate from board members or others at the club!

Let everyone know or no one.

David Douglas isn't a club official and doesn't even hold a volunteer position so he can do and say what he wants.

Norrie Innes on the other hand is the Chairman and everything should be done through official channels. I get the feeling he has been ambushed by Douglas following Douglas' Facebook post at the weekend.
A baptism of fire into the politics of Clyde Football Club.

1 hour ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Haud the f**k oan.....

Can i politely point out that i made absolutely NO correlation between the two seperate situations (which are only linked by circumstance) in my dissection of the season and club failings. I do, however believe the question is completely relevant, and Fat Sally is well within his rights in keeping with finding out the sort of answers we can gather from anyone interested in becoming involved. 

I do, however feel that the actions of the club getting itself in the position of being unable to arrest a horrendous slide due to a manager's private situation, renders anything they say as carrying no more weight than anyone who wishes to step forward. And i DO mean ANYONE. 

Just to clarify. The point I was agreeing with was the has he got a role at the club. 

9 minutes ago, Fat Sally said:

David Douglas isn't a club official and doesn't even hold a volunteer position so he can do and say what he wants.

Norrie Innes on the other hand is the Chairman and everything should be done through official channels. I get the feeling he has been ambushed by Douglas following Douglas' Facebook post at the weekend.

If David wants a spot on the board then why not let fans know what his intentions are? After all he needs votes from us, the CIC members. 

I haven't seen David's Facebook post but Norrie agreed to attending the meeting weeks ago. 

Don't see any problem with both attending a fans meeting , gives fans a chance to hear what they have to say a ask questions what you worried about? Would you rather they didn't speak to anyone ? After the utter shambles of this season surely it can only be a positive , that guys want to come and meet with fans

If we want to be pedantic Innes hasn't been officially voted in as Chairman

Most important thing is fans keep an open mind listen to what they have to say and make you mind up , not just follow or be taken in by rhetoric , that's been done before (whole EK clyde fiasco )

You honestly think innes and douglas haven't spoken about this meeting before agreeing to attend

I agree. He can do and say what he wants.

If he isn't an official or hold any position at the club, he then shouldn't know about any "meet the fans" meeting before other fans.

That was my point.

I've spoken to David and he wants to clear a few things up as he doesn't post here himself. He has been asked to the meeting and is happy to attend. He has not ambushed anyone as suggested. There was intention to meet with any Clyde fans on the back of the Facebook. He wants to work with everyone for the benefit of Clyde. He has put a significant amount of money into the club through sponsorship and otherwise.

He has not stated to anyone that he is still CEO nor has he ever sought position on the board. I've been asked to put the Facebook status mentioned.

Whoever wants to help the club should be encouraged to do so. Let's see what has to be said at this and any other meeting before we chase anyone away with pitchforks.

IMG_1494328849.931982.jpg

Just to clarify it was a fan who has organised this meeting and has spoken to the unelected Chairman and former CEO. That's my knowledge of what's going on. This is not a secret meeting and anyone is welcome to attend.

The unelected Chairman and the former CEO have their chance to be elected to the board at the next AGM. I believe this will be June.

The issue I see with these two guys is that the unelected Chairman communication on the official website, has hinted at re locating the club to the east end of Glasgow. The former CEO has been instrumental to my knowledge in building the clubs engagement in the Cumbernauld area.

If we do relocate away from Cumbernauld, it will be interesting to see how the club deal with this. We have been playing in Cumbernauld for around 23 years now and for the majority of the time, of the field have made a right pigs ear of it. We now seem to be doing a lot in the community and we have a better relationship with NLC.

If we just drop all of this and move, what a PR move that will be, it will be a complete disaster.

We also have the splinter group as people like to call it, still around and they might attend this meeting.

This could be another disaster waiting to happen, I hope not.

Time to pull together and hopefully have everyone on board, trying to find the best solution for the club and move us forward.