CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Whoever comes in will obviously have a huge rebuilding job and of course on a budget. Priority will have to be a reliable goalkeeper; Gourley on lone again would be great. I could not suffer another year of Gibson.

Experienced Central defence, again I could not suffer the absolute horror show of this season where every single set piece or corner was a watch with hands over my eyes.

Keep:

If possible Easton & Goodwillie 100%

Linton, Peaso, Lowden, McNeil,

Squad players: Gormley,  McNiff, JP player coach?

Would Flynn be better in a midfield with a structure and game plan?? Maybe but not to fussed.

Other than that get rid! 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Couldn't make yesterday but made the shift go in easier when the scores came through. 

Would keep Easton, goodwillie, and we obviously have the ones on 2 year deals. 

Gormley has 15 goals and 10 assists, as much as he in a frustrating player, id probably keep him. 

Also think it could be worth getting gourlay and Waddell back from Dundee. 

As long as Higgins and mclaughlin never play again for us! The only ones I'd keep are peaso, Linton, Easton, Goodwillie, mcneil and lowdon. I'd give fergie a chance of preseason to see if he can recapture pre injury form. The rest are all chancers than can f**k off! 

Agree with this except for the part about Ferguson.

Pre-injury his form wasn't that great. In my opinion he has not had any run of form since the days of Duffy.

Time for him to go. Sad but true.

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Agree with this except for the part about Ferguson.

Pre-injury his form wasn't that great. In my opinion he has not had any run of form since the days of Duffy.

Time for him to go. Sad but true.

All depends on how quickly we can appoint a new manager, I'd rather we get it done as soon as possible so we can get ready for the next season 

I would be surprised if the new managerial team is not already in place and look forward to an announcement this week.

If we get rid of the dead wood there is the basis of a decent team for next season if we can hold onto Goodwillie until December at least and Easton(certainty).

I liked the look of the young Dundee goalkeeper but would be surprised if we do not hold onto Quinn.

Surprised about the number of people who think Fergie should be released.I feel after a summers rest and a good pre season he might still have a lot to offer.

Anyway to all Clyde fans,enjoy the break.

I would be surprised if the new managerial team is not already in place and look forward to an announcement this week.

Surely everything would've been agreed with our new manager, pending knowing what league we'd be in.

The board have had 10 weeks to sort it out after all.

Higgins and McLaughlin do need to get as far away from the club as possible useless p***ks... agree on keeping Goodwillie, Gormley, Chris Smith.. maybe even Johnston think if we bring in stronger players in defence he could be great going forward... keep Linton, Lowdon... would give Fergie another deal... would like to keep that Dundee keeper miles better than fat Gibson... heard Easton has signed a new deal :thumsup2 all we need is an experienced manager Danny Lennon please 

34 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

[...] Agree on keeping [...] Chris Smith [...] even Johnston [...] could be great going forward.

12 hours ago, clyde_darren said:

Johnston [...] always an attacking threat even if his crosses are pish. Right manager could sort him out [...]
Smith [...] player of the year last year, would keep for next [...]

1okwuf.jpg

Edited by Sao Paulo

33 minutes ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Higgins and McLaughlin do need to get as far away from the club as possible useless p***ks... agree on keeping Goodwillie, Gormley, Chris Smith.. maybe even Johnston think if we bring in stronger players in defence he could be great going forward... keep Linton, Lowdon... would give Fergie another deal... would like to keep that Dundee keeper miles better than fat Gibson... heard Easton has signed a new deal :thumsup2 all we need is an experienced manager Danny Lennon please 

Where did you hear about Easton ? Plese be true.

How many crosses of any consequence has our lightning fast full back, wing back and winger put in this season? One or two?

How many full backs has he got the better off? None

How many of his direct opponents have got the better of him? Too many

As Bertrand Russell once said, "Phil Johnston is shit. Jean-Paul Sartre put in better crosses and he was more of an centre half"

Admittedly though, Sartre didn't have Johnston's "pace".

Can't believe there are people wanting to keep Chris Smith or Phil Johnston. The two of them have been atrocious this season.

Smith has been a shadow of the player he was the season before. We couldn't defend a cross into the box and he got caught out with simple balls over the top of the defence numerous times.

Phil Johnston is hopeless at right back or right mid. I lost count how many times he stood off his man allowing them a free cross into the box. His delivery at the other end of the pitch was poor more often than not hitting the first defender.

Who to keep/ let go 

Keep: McNeil, Lowden, Linton, Gormley, hope it's true about Easton, love to keep Goodwillie but feel someone will snap him up, a lot of pressure is eased off any team who wants to sign him now after we have taking a fair bit of the sting out of his situation.

Peaso and JP are not getting any younger, wouldn't mind them being part of the management team only with someone experienced in charge and both could be used sparingly.

Would like to have Gourley and Waddel on loan again next season, wouldn't mind Quinn either. A few that may split opinion, Flynn, I believe their is a player in their if utilised correctly, Wee Fergie is a tough one, if he could regain something like the form under Duffy then yes but can he reach that standard again, hope so,  McNiff obviously contracted for next season really improved later on in the season. McKenzie, not sure, always worked hard and looked decent, tbh never got much of a chance.

Definitely Let go : Gibson, Higgins, McLaughlin, Johnston, Perry, Finnie, McMillan, Oliver.

Almost forgot about Junior, would probably keep as back up also the big Red headed guy who plays up front whose name eludes me  atm.