CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

4 hours ago, Johnny Däpp said:

With the current list on the website, I'd go as follows...

Keep

GK    Kyle Gourlay - Looked good since he came in, a year loan would be beneficial for us and Dundee
GK    Connor Quinn - Only seen him against Ayr away and played a blinder, still young so would be a good #2
DF    Jordan Lowdon - Got him next season anyway, great wee player! Just hope he picks it up quick enough after his lay off.
DF    Ewan McNeil - I believe we also have McNeil for next year, one of our few better performers this year.
MF    Dylan Easton - If we can keep him then that'd be a big signing for us, again like Lowden if he can pick up where he left off from.
MF    Matthew Flynn - I actually really like Flynn, not had the right players around him this season and got fucked about by Ferguson.
MF    Scott Linton - Proven player for us, only downfall is he's injured too much.
MF    Jon Paul McGovern - As a squad player he can be important with his experience in the middle.
FW    David Goodwillie - Keeping him for next season would be the biggest signing in League 2 by a country mile.
FW    David Gormley - He's came on a lot this season and is well worthy of his current goal tally, he's a great #10 type player and will work well with DGW.
FW    Peter MacDonald - Along with DGW and DG this would be a cracking strike force and keep the competition in the squad. If we kept DGW then I imagine Peaso would be a bench player which may suit him with his age.

Maybe

DF    Martin McNiff - He's been hot and cold this season, I think he has shown enough to stay though I think he has a 2 year deal anyway.
MF    Scott Ferguson - A full pre-season and some confidence might be enough for him, atleast a deal to Christmas.
MF    Scott Lochhead - Looks a tidy enough player, not seen enough of him though so I'm saying maybe based on others opinions.

Allow to Leave

GK    John Gibson - Not good enough and we now have better on the books (if we can keep them)
DF    Phil Johnston - Hopefully we can have a mutual agreement to let him go, can skin a man but can't cross or defend.
DF    Michael Oliver - No point keeping him.
DF    Ross Perry - Think we can get better, he started well but has been poor in 2017.
DF    Kevin Rutkiewicz - No point keeping.
DF    Chris Smith - Too overweight and in my opinion not good enough to lead the backline or be part of it, would be happy enough if he became a squad / bench player but I'd hope we can find better elsewhere.
DF    Kerr Waddell - Decent player but prone to stupid mistakes, would benefit from more U20 action with Dundee I think, not with us.
MF    Robbie Davidson - Who?
MF    Ryan Finnie - Not done enough
MF    Michael McGinty - Who?
MF    Scott McLaughlin - He had a belter of a start this season, but like others have said, when it is going our way he is excellent, if it is not he is nowhere to be seen. He's done well enough for us but I'd like to think we could find a better replacement.
MF    Jordan McMillan - Don't think he has done enough to be honest, probably would command a higher wage too.
FW    Sean Higgins - He's past it, started off well this season but done nothing since November.
FW    Marc McKenzie - Wee fanny

Would Keeping McGovern would be a bad idea if he was to drop back to being a player from the managers position would be difficult for him too I would imagine trying to fit in as a player again 

re to mckenzie being a wee fanny what has he done to offend you so bad? 

I'm sure all our players will be delighted to read all these assessments and show us what they think of them in our crucial match on Saturday.

You keep going on about this, you really think they give a toss what fans think of them ?

The majority are a waste of space not fit to wear a Clyde jersey and I hope they are reading this in fact hope they pin it up in the dressing room might shake them into action

With the current list on the website, I'd go as follows...
Keep
GK    Kyle Gourlay - Looked good since he came in, a year loan would be beneficial for us and Dundee
GK    Connor Quinn - Only seen him against Ayr away and played a blinder, still young so would be a good #2
DF    Jordan Lowdon - Got him next season anyway, great wee player! Just hope he picks it up quick enough after his lay off.
DF    Ewan McNeil - I believe we also have McNeil for next year, one of our few better performers this year.
MF    Dylan Easton - If we can keep him then that'd be a big signing for us, again like Lowden if he can pick up where he left off from.
MF    Matthew Flynn - I actually really like Flynn, not had the right players around him this season and got fucked about by Ferguson.
MF    Scott Linton - Proven player for us, only downfall is he's injured too much.
MF    Jon Paul McGovern - As a squad player he can be important with his experience in the middle.
FW    David Goodwillie - Keeping him for next season would be the biggest signing in League 2 by a country mile.
FW    David Gormley - He's came on a lot this season and is well worthy of his current goal tally, he's a great #10 type player and will work well with DGW.
FW    Peter MacDonald - Along with DGW and DG this would be a cracking strike force and keep the competition in the squad. If we kept DGW then I imagine Peaso would be a bench player which may suit him with his age.
Maybe
DF    Martin McNiff - He's been hot and cold this season, I think he has shown enough to stay though I think he has a 2 year deal anyway.
MF    Scott Ferguson - A full pre-season and some confidence might be enough for him, atleast a deal to Christmas.
MF    Scott Lochhead - Looks a tidy enough player, not seen enough of him though so I'm saying maybe based on others opinions.
Allow to Leave
GK    John Gibson - Not good enough and we now have better on the books (if we can keep them)
DF    Phil Johnston - Hopefully we can have a mutual agreement to let him go, can skin a man but can't cross or defend.
DF    Michael Oliver - No point keeping him.
DF    Ross Perry - Think we can get better, he started well but has been poor in 2017.
DF    Kevin Rutkiewicz - No point keeping.
DF    Chris Smith - Too overweight and in my opinion not good enough to lead the backline or be part of it, would be happy enough if he became a squad / bench player but I'd hope we can find better elsewhere.
DF    Kerr Waddell - Decent player but prone to stupid mistakes, would benefit from more U20 action with Dundee I think, not with us.
MF    Robbie Davidson - Who?
MF    Ryan Finnie - Not done enough
MF    Michael McGinty - Who?
MF    Scott McLaughlin - He had a belter of a start this season, but like others have said, when it is going our way he is excellent, if it is not he is nowhere to be seen. He's done well enough for us but I'd like to think we could find a better replacement.
MF    Jordan McMillan - Don't think he has done enough to be honest, probably would command a higher wage too.
FW    Sean Higgins - He's past it, started off well this season but done nothing since November.
FW    Marc McKenzie - Wee fanny

Spot on for me, fully agree!

3 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Maybe it will spur then on to prove us wrong.

Nothing else has worked

Maybe it might or it might not. Either way they can't win. If they play better they're accused of not trying hard enough the rest of the season, if they can't lift their game they're accused of not being good enough anyway.

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

If you're a footballer who chooses to read a forum discussing your own team you should be able to take or ignore criticism, whether it's deserved or not. Otherwise just don't read it.

And if you're a footballer who is interested in what the fans think, some of what's on here would just make them want to give us the finger.

24 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

You keep going on about this, you really think they give a toss what fans think of them ?

The majority are a waste of space not fit to wear a Clyde jersey and I hope they are reading this in fact hope they pin it up in the dressing room might shake them into action

Yes I keep going in about it because I don't agree with it. I'm allowed an opinion am I not?

Plenty time for pulling the players' capabilities apart once we know where we are. Why risk any bad reaction to all the negativity before probably the most important game in our modern history?

It just doesn't make sense in my book.

re to mckenzie being a wee fanny what has he done to offend you so bad? 

Having a chuckle with Higgins then shooting his mouth off at fans in the wake of us conceding a schoolboy goal vs Edinburgh has probably not endeared him to anyone. Made absolutely no impact either, complete waste of a wage.

Yes I keep going in about it because I don't agree with it. I'm allowed an opinion am I not? Plenty time for pulling the players' capabilities apart once we know where we are. Why risk any bad reaction to all the negativity before probably the most important game in our modern history?

Maybe we should only praise them and tell them they are fantastic. That the league position is nothing to do with them.

Unfortunately for them the league table doesn't lie.

If professional footballers can't accept criticism, deserved or not, (in this case completely valid) they should have stayed amateurs and played in front of a man and his dog.

Yes I keep going in about it because I don't agree with it. I'm allowed an opinion am I not?
Plenty time for pulling the players' capabilities apart once we know where we are. Why risk any bad reaction to all the negativity before probably the most important game in our modern history?

Of course you are allowed your opinion as has everyone else
But according to you we shouldn't put it on here unless it's false back slapping
Sorry if you think I'm going to praise the majority of imposters in the present team then you have got a long wait on your hands

And next Saturday might be the most important or the the two play off games after that

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:47, FREDDYFRY said:

As far as I'm concerned only players worth a contract are Goodwillie, McNeil, Easton & Lowden. Nice to get the Keeper and Lochead on a season long loan. Would also be ok with Peaso again as a player. Flynn is a difficult one; certainly been big disappointment whether that is because we don't know how to utilise him properly or not I'm not sure but we have not seen anything from him to suggest he worth keeping, McMillan also been huge disappointment for me.  

Of the rest I suppose Quinn, Smith, McNiff, Gormley as squad players bit like to think there are better out there. The rest have been failures, sorry but performances over the a season does not lie. There is a list of absolutely no way players; Gibson, Perry,Higgins, Finney, Fergie (Sorry), Johnston and McKenzie,   

All this academic of course if the unthinkable but very very possible happens and we are a non senior club next year!     

How's that going to happen?

6 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Having a chuckle with Higgins then shooting his mouth off at fans in the wake of us conceding a schoolboy goal vs Edinburgh has probably not endeared him to anyone. Made absolutely no impact either, complete waste of a wage.

How would you know if they had a chuckle or not shouldn't you be watching the game and not the subs warming up I know I was and regards to them ha I g a go mckenzie was actually defending the horrendous abuse Higgins was getting for nothing all be it I'm not his biggest fan but the abuse was terrible when Higgins was only warming up nothing wrong with his team mate sticking up for him. Maybe the boo boys should be having a go at the laughable defending and not two guys warming up just a thought.

How would you know if they had a chuckle or not shouldn't you be watching the game and not the subs warming up I know I was and regards to them ha I g a go mckenzie was actually defending the horrendous abuse Higgins was getting for nothing all be it I'm not his biggest fan but the abuse was terrible when Higgins was only warming up nothing wrong with his team mate sticking up for him. Maybe the boo boys should be having a go at the laughable defending and not two guys warming up just a thought.

The good old boo boys responsible for all the ills of the club [emoji23]

Ban the lot of them and anyone caught not watching the game should be given a final warning

It doesn't matter how, technically speaking, they've labelled or branded the HL and LL to play into the idea of a pyramid system

I never have and never will view them as senior level and have no interest in it. I chose Clyde as my senior side. If I wanted to follow a non league side I'd have gone to watch the Juniors. 

If we get relegated, spare me the amateur attempts at psychology, it won't work. That clear enough for you? Good...

15 hours ago, Velazquez Blue said:

All very confident looking forward to rosy future in league 2. I guess you all think you've got 6 points coming your way over the next fortnight?

A point this weekend may be good enough to keep us up if you lose to Forfar, although 6 points would be nice. 

Just seen Darren young is leaving Albion rovers, assuming he's going up the way if he has something else lined up but one to keep an eye on. 

Just seen Darren young is leaving Albion rovers, assuming he's going up the way if he has something else lined up but one to keep an eye on. 

It's hard to decide how good a job he's done. Rovers have had plenty of cup/TV money recently and we can all see it's not been spent on the stadium.

17 hours ago, BullyWeeLad said:

I would keep Junior, he was our best player last season and was good at the start of the season, not enough support at the back to help him out 

I haven't seen him enough to really comment, but I will fooking awful every time I have seen him, carrying to much weight and I have seen milk turn quicker. Surely we can do better than him at the back

15 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Of course you are allowed your opinion as has everyone else
But according to you we shouldn't put it on here unless it's false back slapping
Sorry if you think I'm going to praise the majority of imposters in the present team then you have got a long wait on your hands

And next Saturday might be the most important or the the two play off games after that

Not suggesting any false back slapping at all. All I'm suggesting is that we stop pulling the team and individual players to bits until we at least know which league we are going to be in next Season. At that stage it will be much more meaningful discussion as opposed to all the pointless and potentially damaging hypothesising that is going on just now.

As an aside, I note there is very little discussion going on in Saturday's match thread. Would that not be more productive?

And another aside - what's happened to Penguin?