CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

10 hours ago, clyde123 said:

Between chapman and Lauchlan for the job apparently 

:lol: Can see both of them being desperate for the Clyde job! One will be in the play offs for promotion out of this league and one might pass Clyde!

Clyde do badly need a new manager in.  Reading through the last couple of pages has just reminded me of what us Cowden fans were saying about the players when Fox was in charge - basically that they didn't give a toss and weren't putting in the effort.  We've went from 7 defeats in a row to 3 wins and a draw in the last 6.  It's amazing what having a fresh face with different techniques can do. Obviously I hope you guys end up bottom (or Edinburgh just not us!) but a new manager would be huge for you. 

Since the thread could use a bit of a positive note, I had the fortune of meeting one Clyde fan last week, as he graciously donated a matchworn top from the 2007/2008 season. Did a write-up on it on my wee football shirt blog, give it a read here if you'd like. Did people actually enjoy the design back then? Don't mind it myself at all, but it was so overused (Falkirk, Kilmarnock, Ayr I think, even Berwick had it in red as an away kit).

IMG_7886.thumb.JPG.f76a0d28ad12c27e359e681abd1a9552.JPG

On 02/04/2017 at 17:37, Elementary Penguin said:

Is it just to be left at that, then? Because a few numpties who fancied an important gig, couldn't ever just admit they were wrong? 

Blood on hands. Selfish b*****ds, the lot of them. Whether Clyde continue or not, i'm finished with it. No principles. No fight. No guts. No standards. No plan. No pride. No values. And for me, no turning back. 

Like a dear friend though, i'll go and see it in hospital a couple more times, out of loyalty, and attend the funeral. And then, I want to see the looks on a few well-kent faces when the coffin drops into the ground. 

Congratulations, to those who deserve that special mention. 

Jesus, things must be bad if you've joined the "wallowing in self-pity" fraternity. None of my business I'll admit but some of you guys need to get a fecking grip. The time for recriminations should be after the season's finished. Some of your players may have downed tools, but I'd have thought that would mean that those who do still care need your support more than ever, instead of downing tools yourselves.

Don't get me wrong, like most of us who have been irked by the superiority complex displayed by the majority of your itinerant brethren ever since your return to this league, I'll be pishing myself if your fears came true and exercising my given right/duty (hope I've not misquoted you) to wind you up about it at every opportunity, but why when the going gets tough are you some of you lot walking away even before the outcome is known. I'd have thought that if you did end up in a play-off v EK (and what an irony that would be!) that there would be a call to arms and there would be a 1,000 of you turning out to do your bit, even if it's just a final show of defiance.

No principles. No fight. No guts. No standards. No plan. No pride. No values. Hmm, wonder who that might apply to?

18 minutes ago, The Spider said:

Jesus, things must be bad if you've joined the "wallowing in self-pity" fraternity. None of my business I'll admit but some of you guys need to get a fecking grip. The time for recriminations should be after the season's finished. Some of your players may have downed tools, but I'd have thought that would mean that those who do still care need your support more than ever, instead of downing tools yourselves.

Don't get me wrong, like most of us who have been irked by the superiority complex displayed by the majority of your itinerant brethren ever since your return to this league, I'll be pishing myself if your fears came true and exercising my given right/duty (hope I've not misquoted you) to wind you up about it at every opportunity, but why when the going gets tough are you some of you lot walking away even before the outcome is known. I'd have thought that if you did end up in a play-off v EK (and what an irony that would be!) that there would be a call to arms and there would be a 1,000 of you turning out to do your bit, even if it's just a final show of defiance.

No principles. No fight. No guts. No standards. No plan. No pride. No values. Hmm, wonder who that might apply to?

Never ever thought I'd give a Queenie a greenie. You are perfectly correct.

Now is the time the team needs our support more than ever, regardless of what we think of the lack of effort we think some of them are putting in. The choir were brilliant on Saturday until the play got really desperate late in the game.

We need to get out in numbers over the last few games and maybe, just maybe, the players will start showing a bit of fight.

How do we expect them to lift their game if we throw in the towel?

I might re join the CIC
There must be a cunning plan we haven't heard yet, details of which are being rolled out at the next AGM.
My optimism has returned with that thought!:thumsup2
Might go to the game this Saturday too......

Drinking heavily on a Monday never a good sign[emoji6]