CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Clyde have a bit of a history of signing scumbags, so why start pretending to be a moralist now? Jordan McMillan is there. Lithgow the pervert. A host of other neds as well like Strachan the wifebeater, Carrots the pisshead, Paul Slane when he lost the plot. Wullie McLaren, Declan Gallagher, Alex Williams. Tbf I wouldn't give a f**k if he kept my team up.

Edited by Snakebite

Board has got a big pair to sign him. Can't help but think the cllub would've been better off with a disgraced defender.

Would Goodwillie have been convicted in the Dutch legal system? I very much doubt it, but that's hardly relevant considering we're talking about Scotland here. Still, speaking from my own cultural context, I see no real reason to keep the lad from playing pro football again; Clyde fans can be miffed that he will do so at Broadwood, but I really doubt this is going to deter sponsors or have a lasting negative impact on the club off the pitch. There's an outrage now, but most people will go back to not caring about football at this level after a week or two.

Edited by DutchBorderer

30 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

And convicted in a civil one. On the balance of probabilities he's a rapist, some hill to die on that.

Without being allowed to represent himself. Only he and the "victim" really know what really happened and allegedly they were pissed so probably don't remember clearly.

I'm in two minds on this one but, at the end of the day, he has paid his penalty, is he to never be allowed to ply his trade again?

Not sure another disinterested big time Charlie is what we need to be honest. Maybe he will feel he has a point to prove and play out his skin. However, very surprised he has found another professional club so quickly and not particularly happy that it is us.