CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Our youth keeper Kyle Gourlay has joined you guys. He's been heralded as the next big thing for a few years but he's not quite there yet physically. Reckon he will get in ahead of Gibson?

Eta: Should've read above.

Our youth keeper Kyle Gourlay has joined you guys. He's been heralded as the next big thing for a few years but he's not quite there yet physically. Reckon he will get in ahead of Gibson?

You could get in ahead [emoji23]

Great to hear such good reports will go straight into the team tommorow

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon so. We signed another young goalkeeper, Conor Quinn, who has been very good but he's been carrying an injury and I believe Gibson has possibly been carrying an injury too at times leaving us stretched. However, whether Gibson is fit or not, I'd imagine Gourlay will play.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Everyone who we've brought in mid-season when we've had Gibson at the club has started ahead of him the first game after being signed basically.

Not happy with the signing of Goodwillie. I thought we had got beyond signing players with baggage as it was all we could afford.
This brings our club into disrepute and will no doubt deter sponsors from associating themselves with Clyde.
Absolutely crazy.

Genuine question here, if Goodwillie fires in 8 goals between now and May and keeps Clyde up comfortably before moving on in the summer, is that preferable to not signing him and spending next season in the LL?

I'm genuinely not sure how I'd feel if you gave me that offer.

Genuine question here, if Goodwillie fires in 8 goals between now and May and keeps Clyde up comfortably before moving on in the summer, is that preferable to not signing him and spending next season in the LL?

The forwards are not the main problem for Clyde. Our weak area is the defence. We don't need Goodwillie.
The decision to employ him is nuts.

I'd rather my club played in the Lowland League than signed someone convicted in a civil court of rape and stayed in league 2.

I can't say I'm a fan of this at all. Astonished that there's no accompanying comments with the statement announcing the transfer; even just token stuff about rehabilitation etc. How on Earth else can a community club justify this?