CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

8 minutes ago, GYSPY ARMY said:

We still have time to get experience in the dugout or at least help these two guys. Christ we need it. The board need telling. Can I suggest peoples approach the board on Saturday about this.

Could definitely use some assistance, only thing being I can't think of anyone available / who'd be willing to help out unless it looked like they might get the gig longer term to make it worth their while.  But maybe there is, I honestly don't know.

Could definitely use some assistance, only thing being I can't think of anyone available / who'd be willing to help out unless it looked like they might get the gig longer term to make it worth their while.  But maybe there is, I honestly don't know.

And was willing to do it for nothing

What about asking the under 20 coach, Richard Fox, to help out and be in the dugout for games? The under 20 and first team games don't seem to clash. At the very least it would give McGovern somebody to discuss tactics, subs etc with

That's a pity.
We definitely need someone with experience to help out.

Going to be difficult if you bring someone to make a difference you would have to let them have a say in the team selection don't know how the management team would feel about bringing someone else in , hope with there connections in football they have tapped into advice from say previous managers etcetera

Fingers crossed

If there is no alternative managers available, I'd start by ending the co- manager roles.

Give JP the role now and allow MacDonald to fully concentrate on playing.

I personally think the manager role has effected McDonald's form on the park.

I recently learned that, in what had been a private conversation between two of our fellow supporters, the opinions which I expressed following our defeat to Arbroath* were described as "reactionary". At once, this bored and amused me. I was amused because, in truth, I have many reactionary opinions. But of course, by definition, those don't concern football. And I was bored because learning that the supporter in question is as unlettered as he is determined that I am - somehow - wrong about everything only confirms me in thinking what I have for roughly a decade: Clyde are most bitterly rivalled with themselves.

In our first match at Borough Briggs this season, a supporter approached me in order to ask indignantly: "Will you ever get off it about Phil Johnston and Martin McNiff!?". Latterly, at Meadowbank, a different supporter asked me: "Who's getting it this week then, eh? Gormley, Smith, Higgins...". You see in these questions how we have our priorities in the wrong order, I think. Top of the list: personal vindication; 'it's more important that I gain self-esteem from your error than that Clyde win games'. A close second: the wilting affections of paid footballers. You want to throw up things you've forgotten ever having eaten, don't you?

It is like watching a club busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see the River Tiber foaming with much blood.

*These opinions said no more than that I thought McGovern and MacDonald could be doing better despite the short time available to them and that making such a point was anything but ridiculous.

just oot the jail and everything hapens when am away think well beet stirling and move away from bottom hope berick go down fucking hate them but hate stirling as well so long as its not us hope we get someone good in barry wasnt up to it well win legue next season youll see

19 minutes ago, Jamesy lawd said:

just oot the jail and everything hapens when am away think well beet stirling and move away from bottom hope berick go down fucking hate them but hate stirling as well so long as its not us hope we get someone good in barry wasnt up to it well win legue next season youll see

The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

You aren't funny, you aren't original, and everybody thinks you are a tosser. That hasn't changed & won't. New material or go away.

Just one question from me.

Assuming we avoid a play-off, what will the club fundamentally change to avoid 2017-18 being the same?

Just have to hope the new chairman can attract some new members to the board through his contacts

Be pretty difficult to turn around the utter
Shambles that clyde fc is as present in one season

Prepared to give the guy a chance but we do have to see some meaningful changes to the club from top to bottom

First thing the new chairman will hopefully get rid of is the cronyism that is endemic throughout the club , back the board back the management, you get bit of hospitality , free trip on the team bus mix with the players , and of course a slot at the golf day.

Paul, I keep seeing you repeat this and I feel I need to address it before it's repeated so often that people accept it as fact. As you know, I am not on the board but I do run the club's hospitality. It's a role I've been doing since Gary Ballantyne resigned and I offered to review the costs of the matchday catering. It always annoyed me that we didn't do any hospitality so I offered to take up the responsibility of negotiating this with NLL and after a slow start it now seems to be taking off.

I can assure you that not a single person has been given free hospitality for any reason.

Sponsors have booked tables and given spaces to fans they have become friends with but the club or board of directors have not given away any hospitality to anyone. Bottom line is the margins are so thin that giving away hospitality doesn't make any sense and I wouldn't take the booking. It would be an insult to the people who give up their normal Saturday routine for free to welcome and serve guests if we were dishing out hospitality for nothing.

As for spaces on the team bus or the golf day, not my area but I certainly have not heard of people being given those for the reasons you suggest. The Supporters team were offered a free golf day place some years ago due to a last minute cancellation, small reward for the guys who represent the club all over Scotland every Saturday morning, not to mention the amount of work that many of the players do as volunteers across many areas of the club but there's no chance that spaces are routinely given away for free.

I stopped posting on P&B as it is not always the best place to engage in reasoned discussion and some people have a habit of confusing my opinions with my dads, but felt I had to put the record straight on this one as it could put people off coming forward to assist in future. Thanks goes to the many volunteers who help with hospitality, Club 58, Bar 58 etc and if we ever get to a place where we can reward people with free hospitality then these guys will be first in the queue!

Linton talking up Ferguson in Herald. If he was really that good, it makes you wonder why the players are shit and didn't become better players after joining Clyde.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15174814._quot_Barry_Ferguson_set_high_standards_for_us_at_Clyde___he__39_d_be_a_great_addition_to_the_Rangers_coaching_staff_quot_/?ref=twtrec