CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

I've read all the recent posts about who should and shouldn't be anywhere near the team with some bemusement.

In a perfect world, yes, I can understand the theory behind some of the posts, but guys, seriously, we can only piss with the cock we've got!

Even assuming there were some better players out there who are free agents and available, we almost certainly don't have the finances to bring them in.

Our only way out of this mess is to make the best use of our available squad and motivate them accordingly. We know they can play better than they have been, time for them to deliver again.

48 minutes ago, David W said:

The Clyde you know and remember did no such thing. Of those last ten games we lost 4. Some of the wins we got were against a relegated Stirling and two lower division sides. 

And of course, in Brown's first four games we laid down to Stirling, Dunfermline and Thistle (4-1), only taking a win at Morton with two last minute goals after probably the worst performance of the lot.

Using John Brown as evidence of a positive reaction is complete and utter desperation.

It's a nice hand you've played: make it seem as if I made a point about how many points we took toward the end of 07/08 rather than about the belief which saw us survive; set me up as someone defending the settled record of the worst manager in the history of the club; present the stats in a way to suit your case. You're a huxter.

I wonder who you think you're arguing with. Do you really think I - and the majority of people reading-on - won't see through such a selectively cut response!?

I'd fucking love it if we lost four of our last ten this season. Love it. That could be one of our best runs of form this season...! Listen to yourself, man. I won't cut the stats like you. I'll just invite anyone reading to do the following: go and look at those last ten games if you like. Look at the we teams played, where we played (Home/Away), how good they were (position in the table) and what they had to play for respectively (relegation, promotion, saving-face). Anyone who wouldn't take a run-in of equivalent quality this year is a mug.

I think it's time some among our support were made to pay a special tax on their season books. A tax on being insufferably left-wing.

peterhitchens460.jpg

Edited by Sao Paulo

I've read all the recent posts about who should and shouldn't be anywhere near the team with some bemusement.

In a perfect world, yes, I can understand the theory behind some of the posts, but guys, seriously, we can only piss with the cock we've got!

Even assuming there were some better players out there who are free agents and available, we almost certainly don't have the finances to bring them in.

Our only way out of this mess is to make the best use of our available squad and motivate them accordingly. We know they can play better than they have been, time for them to deliver again.

We can't even afford a manager nevermind new players (but were not allowed to talk about that till the summer )

Let's get one thing straight with the players we have we should be in or close to play offs , you watch next season if these guys leave and come back to play against us

It was clear around turn off the year that Ferguson just couldn't turn it around yet the board did nothing in fact if Ferguson hadn't resigned he would still be our manager . It's clear the entire finances are shot to pieces ( no mention of BM ) leaving so clearly still paying him

The only reason mcgovern and McDonald got the job was as a cheap option ( possibly the only option)

The club's league existence has been put in the hands of two rookies with no management experience Let's hope for all our sakes they somehow get some wins

If the unthinkable happens there is only one group culpable and that's the board

No doubt their chums will appear at some point to berate me who cares

Either way I expect a clear out top to bottom come summer

Mismanagement on an industrial scale

6 minutes ago, Sao Paulo said:

It's a nice hand you've played: make it seem as if I made a point about how many points we took toward the end of 07/08 rather than about the belief which saw us survive; set me up as someone defending the settled record of the worst manager in the history of the club; present the stats in a way to suit your case. You're a huxter.

I wonder who you think you're arguing with. Do you really think I - and the majority of people reading-on - won't see through such a selectively cut response!?

I'd fucking love it if we lost four of our last ten this season. Love it. That could be one of our best runs of form this season...! Listen to yourself, man. I won't cut the stats like you. I'll just invite anyone reading to do the following: go and look at those last ten games if you like. Look at the we teams played, where we played (Home/Away), how good they were (position in the table) and what they had to play for respectively (relegation, promotion, saving-face). Anyone who wouldn't take a run-in of equivalent quality this year is a mug.

I think it's time some among our support were made to pay a special tax on their season books. A tax on being insufferably left-wing.

peterhitchens460.jpg

Simmer down. I wasn't answering your point at all, just correcting a factual error. 

I've no interest in arguing with someone who uses repetitiveness to try and convince others that false arguments are actually truth.

We can't even afford a manager nevermind new players (but were not allowed to talk about that till the summer )

Let's get one thing straight with the players we have we should be in or close to play offs , you watch next season if these guys leave and come back to play against us

It was clear around turn off the year that Ferguson just couldn't turn it around yet the board did nothing in fact if Ferguson hadn't resigned he would still be our manager . It's clear the entire finances are shot to pieces ( no mention of BM ) leaving so clearly still paying him

The only reason mcgovern and McDonald got the job was as a cheap option ( possibly the only option)

The club's league existence has been put in the hands of two rookies with no management experience Let's hope for all our sakes they somehow get some wins

If the unthinkable happens there is only one group culpable and that's the board

No doubt their chums will appear at some point to berate me who cares

Either way I expect a clear out top to bottom come summer

Mismanagement on an industrial scale

Once again you state that "If the unthinkable happens there is only one group culpable and that's the board". That is patently not true.

The players and the managerial team at also culpable. Please don't make excuses for them.

The squad we assembled was considered by most Clyde fans a squad that should challenge for the league title. The players haven't performed. In fact, i think they have been a disgrace to the club. The manager lacked the ability to change that.

In regard to on the pitch issues, the manager and players are the ones culpable.

The board can be blamed for many things but not for the performance of those fraudsters on the park.

Once again you state that "If the unthinkable happens there is only one group culpable and that's the board". That is patently not true.

The players and the managerial team at also culpable. Please don't make excuses for them.

The squad we assembled was considered by most Clyde fans a squad that should challenge for the league title. The players haven't performed. In fact, i think they have been a disgrace to the club. The manager lacked the ability to change that.

In regard to on the pitch issues, the manager and players are the ones culpable.

The board can be blamed for many things but not for the performance of those fraudsters on the park.

That's right nothing to do with the senior management at the club
So let's get this right company is performing poorly, chairman, directors not at fault all down to the shop floor

My goodness you have a budding carreer as a member of the Conservative parties new cabinet [emoji23]

That's right nothing to do with the senior management at the club
So let's get this right company is performing poorly, chairman, directors not at fault all down to the shop floor

My goodness you have a budding carreer as a member of the Conservative parties new cabinet [emoji23]

I took issue with your comment that the board and only the board were culpable. I think you're wrong. The players and manager are.

To use your analogy, if a shop worker was to smash a decorative object, the chairman and his board are solely responsible.

If they reward him with the equivalent of a wage rise and a company car, and the action had been forseen for YEARS prior, like two Cup embarrassments and a playoff defeat's worth, then yes. 

What you going to do if/when we go down? Hunt down Ferguson, who i reitirate was the hardest working manager since Roberts, but was absolutely dreadful and needed removed at least two months before his exit? If those results now arent down to him, they are down to someone. What belief exists that those who sat back and permitted this are even capable or qualified to make the right decision? 

They know f**k all about football, that is why they need removed. 

I'll repeat: I took issue with the statement that the board were solely responsible. That's wrong

To be replaced by.....? Oh yes yourself and Cfcuk.

You honestly believe that if they said they were resigning in the summer nobody would step forward ?

Hold on to your mantra as the club hurtles towards the lowland league

16 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I'll repeat: I took issue with the statement that the board were solely responsible. That's wrong

Yes, Barry and the players were/are to blame for shite performances and league position but that doesn't negate the fact that the board created this situation by appointing Ferguson in the first place. 

If it wasn't for their total incompetence and disastrous decision making we wouldn't be in this mess! In that respect they are solely responsible for our current predicament.