CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Such a shame that one season doesn't cancel out over a century of Clyde superiority and Stirling deer shagging.

c1d59a54c2dac06be8e53e9cfd32ee7f.jpg

Clyde century over the famous Albion :lol:

10+ years below the Albion, enjoy the Lowland League boys.

I'll say just this. If they'd changed things in any helpful respect we'd have seen the last of Smith and Perry. We'd have seen McNiff at centre-half consistently. We'd have seen McNeil left/right back consistently. We'd also have seen McMillan at right/left back consistently. Not centre half, by Christ.

Whilst I agree with your post and comment on smith and perry, binning both with the squad we have to hand leaves us a problem. Who actually plays CB? McNiff and ??

Ohhh history ohhh. Stirling are one of the biggest part time teams, Dumbarton and Ayr are the biggest we're just behind them.

Just behind, as in 2 levels behind right?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

If you actually believe that shit then you are a crackpot. I suspect even you don't buy it though and it's all part of your pishy troll routine.

Thing is Sao, you're forgetting the concerted agenda which exists among those fuds who think they are afficionados (coaching courses and boys' team management roles are fucking chocca with them) whose first tick of a box, is to cross off the removal of the emotional side of playing the game. Any number of ex gaffers could walk into that room, and feel the stench of pure rot that exists among that lot, and probably wouldn't give half of them a game of Subbuteo. What DW appears to be suggesting (and i'd love an explanation if he fucking well isnae) is that no fewer than eight players who have been consistent Championship standard players, nees coached to play League Bastartin' Two hoofball.  Not a rocket fired up them, or motivated somehow differently to how they have been at Clyde until now, but YET MORE mollycoddling. This from the guy who appeared to crack on the way back from Berwick on Tuesday. 

The one I particularly like put out by Broadwood high command , fine margins [emoji23]

I think Clyde will be safe this season. 

Youve had a tough schedule recently ever since you drew with us in the Scottish cup. That gave rise to a replay, and then another draw v Ayr in the next round (when everyone else was on league duty) resulted in another midweek replay, this time going to extra time. 

You've then be playing catchup. Fixtures most midweeks against teams who haven't had your fixture schedule, and come up against teams on the Saturday who have been rested all week. 

For a part-time team, this is bound to take its toll. 

Yes Barry Ferguson was crap and perhaps several players don't inspire confidence, but a team who can go toe to toe with Ayr don't strike me as ready to drop out the league. 

This midweek you finally have a rest. And then on Saturday you play Edinburgh, who themselves have a game on Wednesday night. 

Prediction: Clyde will win on Saturday and revert more to their top-half form for the rest of the season.

I cringe when reading our pre-pubescent fans exchange playground insults with Clyde's pre-pubescent fans. It's only a month ago that we were in a similar position and looking down the barrel.  

They don't embarrass our club, but they do deserve to embarrass themselves.

18 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

I cringe when reading our pre-pubescent fans exchange playground insults with Clyde's pre-pubescent fans. It's only a month ago that we were in a similar position and looking down the barrel.  

One of the most sensible P & B posts Ive seen tbh.

Glad we're not all bracketed as offensive numbnuts, which are only a small minority of the support in reality.

Although some other opposition fans should take note before the 'hope you go down cos your fans are zoomers' comments. 

Very worrying results yesterday, sounds like the players are making an effort but once you get into the habit of not wimning games it is hard to get that back.

I think Clyde will be safe this season. 
Youve had a tough schedule recently ever since you drew with us in the Scottish cup. That gave rise to a replay, and then another draw v Ayr in the next round (when everyone else was on league duty) resulted in another midweek replay, this time going to extra time. 
You've then be playing catchup. Fixtures most midweeks against teams who haven't had your fixture schedule, and come up against teams on the Saturday who have been rested all week. 
For a part-time team, this is bound to take its toll. 
Yes Barry Ferguson was crap and perhaps several players don't inspire confidence, but a team who can go toe to toe with Ayr don't strike me as ready to drop out the league. 
This midweek you finally have a rest. And then on Saturday you play Edinburgh, who themselves have a game on Wednesday night. 
Prediction: Clyde will win on Saturday and revert more to their top-half form for the rest of the season.

Like the sentiment

Wish I had your confidence , proof of pudding is in the eating

One of the most sensible P & B posts Ive seen tbh.
Glad we're not all bracketed as offensive numbnuts, which are only a small minority of the support in reality.

Although some other opposition fans should take note before the 'hope you go down cos your fans are zoomers' comments. 

Very worrying results yesterday, sounds like the players are making an effort but once you get into the habit of not wimning games it is hard to get that back.

Finding this idea strange that we somehow have to be grateful cause they are putting in an effort ? ( and even that's debatable )
I would have thought that is a given

We will see the next four games if they have the stomach and desire for the fight.

It's an Internet forum , wouldn't take it too seriously .

When your down you expect a kicking and we certainly deserve it , I couldn't careless who goes down as long as it isn't us and would expect most fans to feel the same

As for arguing over the size of each individual club [emoji23]

Whilst I agree with your post and comment on smith and perry, binning both with the squad we have to hand leaves us a problem. Who actually plays CB? McNiff and ??

I don't think appointing JP and MacDonald was the right choice but they have made the changes we all wanted. McNeil to right back, Flynn in the team and Higgins benched.

They've not had much of a choice in playing Gibson or Johnston with Quinn, Fergie, McKenzie and Linton been unavailable in certain games.

McMillan should easily be good enough to play centre half in this league. McNiff is the only other one you can partner with him to break up Smith and Perry. Smith played left back for a large chunk of last season.

I hope Bino Balls is right obviously, but I'm not so sure

Yesterday's game was another example of the problem, all there in the highlights

Midfield / forward we've some decent players, fairly creative or whatever. But we're just so easy to score against. 

Arbroath's goal, boy picks it up in midfield, simple one - two and he's got acres of space to run into, plenty time to pick his spot. Arbroath could easily have scored 2 or 3 more, not through amazing play, but just due to the basics in defending being completely absent. Clyde could have grabbed a couple, so if all easy chances taken a 4-2 home win in what was quite an even game in a general sense

That level of defending isn't sustainable if we're to pull away from this situation. And with what we've been left, it can only be fixed by re-arranging the deck chairs. It's in our own hands at least but every game is a cup final for us otherwise it's relegation, and literally in every sense, game over

I hope Bino Balls is right obviously, but I'm not so sure
Yesterday's game was another example of the problem, all there in the highlights
Midfield / forward we've some decent players, fairly creative or whatever. But we're just so easy to score against. 
Arbroath's goal, boy picks it up in midfield, simple one - two and he's got acres of space to run into, plenty time to pick his spot. Arbroath could easily have scored 2 or 3 more, not through amazing play, but just due to the basics in defending being completely absent. Clyde could have grabbed a couple, so if all easy chances taken a 4-2 home win in what was quite an even game in a general sense
That level of defending isn't sustainable if we're to pull away from this situation. And with what we've been left, it can only be fixed by re-arranging the deck chairs. It's in our own hands at least but every game is a cup final for us otherwise it's relegation, and literally in every sense, game over

You blame the defence what about the midfield there isn't one of them willing to put a challenge in every game the likes of Mclaughlin can be seen pulling out of 50 / 50 no.lets make that 60 /40 in his favour the usual whipping boys are singled out yet the ones that hide get off scott free

To go up arbroath and only conceed one goal isn't that bad

The defence is a problem but they get no help from the passengers in midfield

In my opinion the centre of midfield lacks mobility and pace. It's easy for the opposition. They always have plenty of time to pick their passes.

You only need to look at the Arbroath goal yesterday to see our midfielder left for dead by a simple one two.

You rarely see McLaughlin making a tackle. Not a statement you like to hear about our main defensive midfielder and Captain.

13 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

You blame the defence what about the midfield there isn't one of them willing to put a challenge in every game the likes of Mclaughlin can be seen pulling out of 50 / 50 no.lets make that 60 /40 in his favour the usual whipping boys are singled out yet the ones that hide get off scott free

To go up arbroath and only conceed one goal isn't that bad

Yes, but look at the highlights, we only lost one goal more through good fortune than design

True, their goal came from their player not being tracked back but there were still wide open spaces to run into. Some were simple long punts over the back to completely unmarked strikers

Of course the midfield has a job to do, play their part, but the main problem is the lack of organisation, focus and probably ability of that defence, and has been since August.  But the January window's past, they need to somehow find a way to pick up points.

9 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Ohhh history ohhh. Stirling are one of the biggest part time teams, Dumbarton and Ayr are the biggest we're just behind them.

The Shire are going to absolutely pump you next season and it's going to be funny as f**k.

Not much to laugh about lately with Clyde but this is a cracker. 

Stirling just behind two championship teams as biggest part time teams, bypassing the likes of livi, airdrie, Alloa. There's bigger teams than Stirling in this league. And bigger than us before you crack that line.