CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Personally think that accepting a resignation after a highly charged 90 minutes would be unprofessional. Quite right to give some thinking time, in any job.

Brilliant Clyde fc not being unprofessional [emoji23]

I'm coming to see your show at the fringe this year going to be hilarious[emoji6]

You could of kept him until Tuesday.

Watching playoff opponents?

EK chairman came to watch the Mo away at QP earlier this season in the cup. With that in mind. So not beyond the realms of possibility.

All joking aside I'm sure he would jump at Clyde. EK not guaranteed to get to SPFL let alone fan base, etc.

Not come may

Depends on length of contract

We need to concentrate on pulling clear of bottom of league

Then start planning for next year my worry is finances barry ferguson attracted a lot of sponsorship etc , we need to get this right

It's time to go with a more experienced manager. We have just tried the younger manager with no experience and it hasn't worked out at all.

Its sad the BF has gone as the guy clearly tried his hardest and did a lot for the club considering it's a part time job but the last few months haven't been anywhere near what we expected and he had to go.

13 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Lauchlan been successful at 2 clubs, Winning leagues amd scoring high amount of goals. Rather we tried him than the usual shouts of Moore n McCall both dinosaurs & now awful managers....

Would you say McPherson and Duffy are dinosaurs? People were saying that 5 years ago, look at them now. There seems to be a snobbery in football about managers like them. 

Would be looking at Danny Lennon and Paul Martin (if he's up for a return to football) first, myself. Marko is obviously a club legend and would be big a hit in the dressing room and the stands, but I don't think it's the time for another rookie risk - I don't even know if he's got any coaching badges or is interested in management.

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Would be looking at Danny Lennon and Paul Martin (if he's up for a return to football) first, myself. Marko is obviously a club legend and would be big a hit in the dressing room and the stands, but I don't think it's the time for another rookie risk - I don't even know if he's got any coaching badges or is interested in management.

Billy Stark probably not on our wage range?

23 minutes ago, The_BullyWee said:

It's time to go with a more experienced manager. We have just tried the younger manager with no experience and it hasn't worked out at all.

Its sad the BF has gone as the guy clearly tried his hardest and did a lot for the club considering it's a part time job but the last few months haven't been anywhere near what we expected and he had to go.

Since we've came into the league, these managers have won it; Sheerin, Hartley, McCoist, McInally, Young, Naysmith. Only one of those had previously managed a team.

Choose the best man and don't just rule people out because of age, previous allegiances etc.