CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Please let this embarrassment be over soon.  

If we are being honest, he should have been relieved of his duties after about a week when it became clear he had zero fucking intention of fulfilling half his role as "player-manager" and was using us to further his own managerial "career" (HA!) rather than get the best results for the club.  Virtually every single thing since has been one shambles after another.

I don't read the Record or believe any shit that is in it but the idea we are asking him to think it fucking over after picking up 2 points in 10 games is beyond a joke.  Someone at the club draw a fucking line under this before it is too late.

McNeil, Lowden, Flynn, Johnston and McNiff all signed two year deals. Not sure about Ferguson when he resigned last year.

Flynn has barely been given a chance under Ferguson but would like to see him given a chance played centrally. Think he could still be a good player for us. Johnston and mcniff probably damaged beyond repair by this seasons performances.

Much as I think Ferguson is a poor manager and very poor tactically, the players have for the most part been a disgrace.

Ferguson didn't make Johnston get turned inside out regularly. He didn't make Gormley bounce the ball 20 feet away when trying to control a pass. Not to mention Higgins, McNiff, Gibson and McLaughlin's performances.

Ferguson crime was picking bad players every week. That was a major part of his hopeful downfall.

A new manager will not make a difference to these players. They simply lack talent.

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Much as I think Ferguson is a poor manager and very poor tactically, the players have for the most part been a disgrace.

Ferguson didn't make Johnston get turned inside out regularly. He didn't make Gormley bounce the ball 20 feet away when trying to control a pass. Not to mention Higgins, McNiff, Gibson and McLaughlin's performances.

Ferguson crime was picking bad players every week. That was a major part of his hopeful downfall.

A new manager will not make a difference to these players. They simply lack talent.

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I backed Ferguson from the start but it's clear now it ain't working
Hear this all the time in football "it doesn't matter who is in charge"
So there is no difference in the ability between managers ?
Interesting concept

I backed Ferguson from the start but it's clear now it ain't working
Hear this all the time in football "it doesn't matter who is in charge"
So there is no difference in the ability between managers ?
Interesting concept

I didn't say that there is no difference in ability between managers.

My view is that the managerial deficit was not the reason for players not being able to control the ball, tackle or shoot on target.

A manager can only pick the players in his squad. Ferguson filled his squad with too many poor players.

This season, any new manager of Clyde can only select from the current squad. He may make a difference but I don't think it will be significant.

However, I hope I'm wrong and any new manager gets the team going well.

McNeil, Lowden, Flynn, Johnston and McNiff all signed two year deals. Not sure about Ferguson when he resigned last year.

Johnston got a 2 year deal, wow!! That guy must be one of the luckiest lower league players ever, honestly. Absolute bobbins but always manages to pick up a deal from some hapless manager just because he has pace.

50 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Johnston got a 2 year deal, wow!! That guy must be one of the luckiest lower league players ever, honestly. Absolute bobbins but always manages to pick up a deal from some hapless manager just because he has pace.

I must admit, I am quite guilty of picking on Johnston at times and I sometimes feel quite bad about it. I mean it's not his fault he gets picked to play at right-back, without fail, every-single-week. The guy tries hard, harder than a few of his teammates are at the moment, but it's just chronic to always see either: the ball just bounce off him; him run forward a for a few yards then turn round; him put in a cross that never gets off the ground and/or beats the first man; him fail to make any decent attempt at stopping a cross coming in from the right.

When people ask whether or not someone else could do a better job than Ferguson, you need only point them in the direction of this. For a team who, at the start of the season, were expecting to be there or there abouts, Johnston should have, at best, been an impact sub. He should never have been a nailed on starter played out of position.

Contrast that to Matt Flynn, a signing that evoked some zeal from our support at the time. He's spent most of his time making sporadic 20 minute appearances and starting the odd game here and there (usually to be subbed off around the hour mark). I'm not in the know but there's surely something going on behind the scenes there and it's my hope that Ferguson's number is indeed up and that Matt goes on to be an important player for us. I've got a feeling that if we let him go, it'd come back to haunt us.

I realise there's been an argument that the players have let the manager down, and there may well be an element of that, you have to admit that the guy just hasn't helped himself. After being fairly impressed with the progress he'd made as a manager last season, I'd really hoped we would push on this year but over the past few months he's lost the plot.

Edited by Scott-Replay

4 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

That is actually quite sad that you felt the need to do that amount of either back cataloguing or that you have been saving those posts somewhere for this day potentially arriving.

Delete "potentially". Otherwise agree completely.

See Johnston still getting it in the neck I it's all down to him playing right back [emoji4]

Listening to the manager interview think it is better for everyone that he leaves , he seemed resigned ( no pun intended ) rightly or wrongly he has tried everything to turn it around , brought in players in the window , took them up to Elgin the night before, but it just ain't happening and that gets me around to the players what a bunch of spineless individuals, not all of them of course Ferguson has been let down by badly by certain players he has backed and played all season , yes some of it is his fault for continually playing them , but when you see the effort put in when playing in terms cup to league games tells you everything you need to.know about certain individuals. Ferguson has put a lot of work in to club and does seem to genuinely care about results however that isn't enough as one poster earlier said he played in a culture at rangers where if players results didn't go right just throw money at it bring in new players as we have seen each season He has been nowhere near the worst manager we have had I thought he would be good for us and backed him all the way think it's best a parting of company for all parties.

As for the boards part in this , that's for another day suffice to say if certain individuals had any sort of integrity they would follow BF out the door.

barry no goin anywhere board dont want him to leave just to take time to get things right on park av said all along yous need to get behind manager but your always on his back no wonder hes pissed of you lot should be ashamed go an suport celtic clyde are just a wee club and you lot are stupid

6 minutes ago, Jamesy lawd said:

barry no goin anywhere board dont want him to leave just to take time to get things right on park av said all along yous need to get behind manager but your always on his back no wonder hes pissed of you lot should be ashamed go an suport celtic clyde are just a wee club and you lot are stupid

'Yous' not 'we' gives a clue to your Queue Pee idiocy.

Keep trying if it makes you feel better.

CLOCKED.

Sad man with an empty life.

Continue at Langside college, you may make some friends there eventually. You just need to try harder.

Maybe you'll even get a girlfriend one day.

The only players I would keep are 

Gk 

Connor quinn 

DF

Euan Mcneil *

Scott Linton 

Jordan Mcmillan 

MF 

Dylan Easton 

Matty Flynn *

Scott Ferguson 

ST

Peter Macdonald 

On the fence about junior he's played well in some games but has been shit over the past few months 

JP is another one injured and only recently come back 

* on 2 year deals so are here unless they get pissed off and leave 

Johnson and Mcniff somehow are here for next season and I would be delighted if they could get released early and the rest are impostors and can f**k off as far as I'm concerned. 

I actually think McNiff had played well enough since the start of December. Could do more going forward but defensively he's not been at fault for much. For a backup left back/centre half he's absolutely fine.

If Ferguson has offered his resignation - why has anybody tried to stop him?

He inherited a squad that made the play-offs, without having any players who were other than average - but who gave their all, and played as a team.

80 players later, we are nowhere near the play-offs, with a group of players who are (on paper) much better than the ones Duffy left.

Therin lies the big difference, Duffy got the best out of what he had. Ferguson signs players who subsequently perform much worse than they have done previously, in several cases at a higher level.

The indisputable fact is that Ferguson has failed as a manager, and if we are able to get him out the door without any question of us having to pay him compensation - we should accept his resignation immediately.

As for who takes over next - I'm sure there will be plenty of applicants, and at least 1 of them must be better than what we've had for the last 3 seasons. Just as long as it's not somebody else who gets the job just because they're an ex-Old Firm player.

9 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Getting ahead of myself, maybe, but if we appointed a player-manager would he be able to play straight away? Or would he be subject to the transfer window?

If he had been released by a club during the window he would be able to play if he is currently registered with one he wouldn't.

The only players I would keep are 
Gk 
Connor quinn 
DF
Euan Mcneil *
Scott Linton 
Jordan Mcmillan 
MF 
Dylan Easton 
Matty Flynn *
Scott Ferguson 
ST
Peter Macdonald 
On the fence about junior he's played well in some games but has been shit over the past few months 
JP is another one injured and only recently come back 
* on 2 year deals so are here unless they get pissed off and leave 
Johnson and Mcniff somehow are here for next season and I would be delighted if they could get released early and the rest are impostors and can f**k off as far as I'm concerned. 

What about Lowden?