CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Yes, but he is claiming it isn't that with this reply. So it must be something else.

Like your fellow disciple SLW, you have totally misinterpreted the acronym

Probably going through the thesaurus as we speak [emoji23]

Once we get an answer to that question we can then move onto who I am a disciple of?

Disciple

1. one of the 12 personal followers of Christ.

2. one of the 70 followers sent forth by Christ. Luke 10:1.

3. any other professed follower of Christ in His lifetime.

any follower of Christ.
(initial capital letter) a member of the Disciples of Christ.
a person who is a pupil or an adherent of the doctrines of another; follower:

5. A member of the 1970's Ferguslie Park street gang known as The Disciple - A nasty bunch they were.......

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Once we get an answer to that question we can then move onto who I am a disciple of?

Disciple

1. one of the 12 personal followers of Christ.

2. one of the 70 followers sent forth by Christ. Luke 10:1.

3. any other professed follower of Christ in His lifetime.

any follower of Christ.
(initial capital letter) a member of the Disciples of Christ.
a person who is a pupil or an adherent of the doctrines of another; follower:

5. A member of the 1970's Ferguslie Park street gang known as The Disciple - A nasty bunch they were.......

Is this no you on bass SLW ? :rolleyes:

Alloa?

I'll give you that one.

However, I believe Mulraney was an Alloa fan beforehand. So he already had an emotional tie to the club.

Are there similar wealthy Clyde fans waiting to invest and buy.

How much is their success due to good choices of manager?

I can't argue that Alloa have been relatively successful.

11 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

so take the option first offered?                   

Well we know that got what it deserved.

Disciple

My use of disciple:  more as a follower of a train of thought.

As you were very quick to defend Chappers, btw he/she was never asked to unmask themselves, it was not unreasonable to assume you shared

similar trains of thought.

However, seeing as you mentioned the religious theme, maybe Chappers is seen as the new proclaimed messiah, well if the sandals fit and all that…

but beware the eyes of the arrogant will be humbled.

I can't wait to see the reply.

As for the acronym presh,  just some harmless fun, wee clue though, old Clyde player and neckwear.;)

Edited by STTOFO

On 2/22/2017 at 17:36, Duff Man said:

My main fear is simple, we do not have anyone within the support that could bring together 6 or 7 Clyde fans with the relevant skills and experience to form a new board to oust the current one. Only the likes of DisGracey can put together a consortium but I could not trust that c**t as far as I could throw him. Someone mentioned putting the club up for sale and see what happens, why not I suppose?? Maybe not, we have f**k all to our name except a playing license and a small fan base therefore we are pretty much limited to buyers such as the likes of DisGracey and fake money that could buy the club, or we could have some w****r with money buy the club, rename it and move it. I somehow doubt there is someone out there with money burning in his back pocket that fancies buying a club like ours unfortunately, this despite being a club rich in history and tradition, except from a small fanbase it has f**k all else.

In my opinion the CIC has been a failure in terms of growing and progressing the club, I also believe that the CIC prevents external investment. I have no idea if it is easier to return the club to a Limited Company and what extra taxation we will open ourselves to in the process. So where does this take us now? Continue with the CIC and hope for the best? Take the chance with a sale? Or just turn the lights out?? Until then, get that c**t Barry out for starters :thumsup2

Agree with all of that except your comment on fan base - our support has been in decline for years, however we do have a lot of people in the central belt who gladly pronounce Clyde as their team - feck knows how you get them back to see us though ??

I would argue that with the right team, manager & playing a couple of leagues above our current level, the crowds would slowly increase ?

On 2/23/2017 at 12:27, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

It is not as simple as one or the other of those two.

There are several reasons in my opinion, and it is only my opinion...

1. History - financial pressure brought about by the initial over-spending which put the whole organisation at risk.

2. History - the very poor relationship with NLC which we had a hand in bringing about by not paying our bills etc.

3. People - not necessarily enough skilled and capable people to operate a 'successful' football club.

4. People - the lack of number 3 above, means one or two individuals drive the agenda

5. People - the very, very poor relationships which exist within the club and the support (read any thread on here) mean that those who may have the skills, time and motivation either never volunteer or do so, then quickly realise the folly of that decision. To work 5-20 hours a week for no pay and be verbally or otherwise abused, or have your motivations regularly questioned simply does not work for most people. Those who can stick it out do by either avoiding the 'noise' or are thick-skinned enough to hear it and ignore it. Neither of these are good grounds for relationship building.

6. People - in my experience too many 'football people' are not the type of individual I would want in my life. Billy Reid, Graham Roberts, John Brown and Barry Ferguson - who would volunteer to spend unpaid time in that company?

7. Supporters - 500 fans, 600 opinions and not many of them put forward in a rationale, supportive manner.

8. Supporters - those who stand for the Board too often think like fans and not Directors with responsibilities e.g. average 50% wage rises awarded to the 2004 team despite the financial issues, and all of whom jumped ship when a better offer came their way ( and why would they not?). This is understandable as we all want Clyde to be the best they can be, but you must make long-term, strategic decisions well.

9. CIC - Structure based on JA's previous employment experience. Installed to protect the club from making the same mistake again, but in my view a restriction on progress in some ways. 

10. Community & growth - we made several big errors when we went to Cumbernauld and have never recovered. In some ways, name change aside, EK was an opportunity to correct that.

To your point about me not being a CIC member, that is related to why I no longer attend with the exception of the very odd game. I will not engage in any meaningful way for the foreseeable future, but that has nothing to do with the CIC.

A reasonable, sensible, informative, opinionated post.

What are you doing here ;)?

Please no more picking managers as they were good players.
Pick a manager on merit as a manager. Someone ambitious with managerial experience.
The will be plenty of applications for the Clyde job when it arises.
As for Ferguson's resignation, I'll wait until it's confirmed