CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

On 2/20/2017 at 13:07, GYSPY ARMY said:

The members if enough of them care. Can force an EGM and force the board to remove him or get the truth why they can't get rid.

"If enough..." indeed.

Would you be surprised if that motion were defeated? Seems though that the time is coming for such a motion, whilst potentially deeply divisive, to be the only answer to real progress.

Saw today on the Club website that a meeting was held with the SFA on relocation. This must mean that something is about to give. Could Shettleston rear it's ugly, shabby head again? Can you imagine playing at Shettleston Juniors ground in the Lowland League!! Would that be what the Board consider great progress of their tenure and the success of the CIC?? 

11 hours ago, Harry Haddock said:

I actually thought I was showing concern for you.At least you have the sense to know your stupid.

if you were to trawl back I think you will find I have expressed the view that BF should go.Where I disagree wth Cfcuk and others is re the Board.Yes they made a mistake re East Kilbride but in many ways their hands are tied due to a lack of finance and someone with the strength of character and leadership skills to take things forward.

If you read the Insight section it is quite clear that the relocation initiative is still ongoing and as recently as yesterday there was a meeting with the SFA regarding this.I wonder if perhaps this is taking up so much time and energy that that core business-football-has been somewhat neglected.

HH, this is stoic of you and in a way I admire your optimism. However your allegiance is blinding you to reality. 24 organisations down. No further forward. No definitive insight on progress...how many years down the line and associations with organised criminals. Is this why a "Relocation Committee" was formed of the Board headed by the evergreen and untouchable Mr. Alexander. It's a bigger mess than Hiroshima and some folks actually think they're doing a decent job. If steering a three-time Scottish Cup winning club to it's death is deemed a decent job then the incumbents are positively galactic in their prowess.

This is quite simply the most incredible example of mismanagement, incompetence and skullduggery in the history of the Scottish game. I am utterly disgusted and saddened by this demise. And there seems no end to the destruction being wrought at our great club. Never in the field of football conflict was so little done by so few against so many. 

Such bitterness presh.

First the monkeys now the organ grinder.

Simple Q for you Chappers  are you or your cohorts in anyway  associated with that disgraced ex Director Gracey ?

No lies now, a yes or no will suffice.  True Clyde fans, deserve to know, would you not agree.

STTOFO

Such bitterness presh.
Simple Q for you Chappers  are you or your cohorts in anyway  associated with that disgraced ex Director Gracey ?
No lies now, a yes or no will suffice.  True Clyde fans, deserve to know, would you not agree.

STTOFO

Hospitality, team bus and golf day filling up nicely [emoji106]

Such bitterness presh.

STTOFO

You might even get a club tie , padded jacket and picture on the website

New director of communications don't worry the role ends with the photo shoot [emoji23]

Ferguson on sportsound last night... a Rangers fan tipping him to be next head coach under a DoF.... Ferguson supposedly smiling in studio lost for words.... I think he genuinely believes he's in with a shout and I genuinely think Rangers as a football club are that stupid to do it and all.

You may get your wish yet lads.

Ferguson on sportsound last night... a Rangers fan tipping him to be next head coach under a DoF.... Ferguson supposedly smiling in studio lost for words.... I think he genuinely believes he's in with a shout and I genuinely think Rangers as a football club are that stupid to do it and all.

You may get your wish yet lads.

To be fair, we are only 27 points behind the league leaders. That would be an improvement on the current situation for the rangers.

Surely this won't happen though, it would be utter trainwreck hilarity if it did. He has zero coaching and man management skills.

You are absolutely right.In fact I am ashamed that I allowed myself to fall to the levels of EP albeit I wonder if his rants are tongue in teach to see what response he gets.

I also get frustrated by the constant sniping about the Board when those sniping actually have a means of changing things but choose not to.It appears I am in line for a blazer,a place on the next golf outing and maybe even some hospitality thrown in-all because I believe the Board has the best interests of the Club at heart.But I accept they have made some serious mistakes.So instead of sniping perhaps some concerted positive action from some posters on here wouldn't go amiss.

Such bitterness presh.

STTOFO

An absolutely incredible post.
You sum up all that is wrong with Clyde .

Don't dare criticise anything to do with Club or you will be shot down in flames and pronounced as not a real fan.

Wake up and smell the coffee....our club is in turmoil on & off the park.

Fans have had enough and it's time to act now.

Ps I have no affiliation to Bobby Gracey or any other ex board members. [emoji112]

10 hours ago, STTOFO said:

Such bitterness presh.

STTOFO

Your request for him to un-mask himself might carry more weight if you yourself un-masked instead of hiding behind a 6 letter acronym for blind loyalty?

According to the OS, the Board are well aware of what gets written on sites like this, so they'll know the supporters feelings about various issues over the past few years.

OK fine.  Let's say the the worst case scenario happened and we ended up in the Lowland league.  Do they think rhetoric like "obviously we're all deeply disappointed / now more than ever we need all our fans to come together and give us their full backing" would have any credibility, or likelihood of their preferred response?

I don't doubt they have Clyde at heart or frankly they'd prefer a hassle free time of it.  So it defies logic, why constantly pursue policies or strategies they know aren't well received and don't work - look around, the evidence is everywhere.  It's already been suggested new directions and approaches to take that don't equate to resignations but adding from outwith.  Sitting back and saying, look, see, no volunteers from within our numbers to be chairman.  Why should there be, just because an imposed system's in place?   

It's unbelievable and has been for years, it's so basic and got nothing to do with some splinter groups who don't seem capable of finding their backsides with both hands either. 

This is like the end of each sketch in Spike Milligan's Q Series.....what are we going to do now, what are we going to do now, what are we going to do now.......

2 hours ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Thought you were just about the football??

In comparison to gate revenues, sponsorship and investment, yes it was. Prove otherwise, please. 

No idea what you are on about with your first comment there Shaggro!

£50,000 to a club like ours isn't just a few quid!

Just now, Elementary Penguin said:

Spot on BC. Just about every chink of light we've had in the recent past, has been provided by individuals who hadn't anything whatsoever to do with the club. This, could arguably be the main reason WHY they appeared to have a grasp of things. Ronnie Mac, Davie McKinnon, even Neil Watt (tainted by Millar) and now Douglas, guys who can see beyond the end of their nose.....at end of the day, being a professional club has its price....and we either have the guys in place to make it work, or it simply won't. 

That's what I mean, it's just so simple and happens every day in organisations everywhere. 

OK, if they want to be seen to follow the principle of this CiC thing, offer it to owners first.  If there is interest, interview them for the position to ensure their background means they have the necessary skillset.  If they don't / there's no takers, source elsewhere.  What's difficult to understand?  Whole thing's bizarre, very very strange way of operating.

According to the OS, the Board are well aware of what gets written on sites like this, so they'll know the supporters feelings about various issues over the past few years.

I think it's dangerous to gauge opinion from fans active on Pie and Bovril.

You'll hear the ones that are the most vocal which may or may not represent the views of the majority of Clyde fans.

I think it's dangerous to gauge opinion from fans active on Pie and Bovril.

You'll hear the ones that are the most vocal which may or may not represent the views of the majority of Clyde fans.

So what would be a good indication ?

CIC numbers falling year on year
Attendances falling
Revenue falling
5 failed relocations
7th in lowest tier of Scottish football
30 points off the top of the league
Unable to get a chairman to lead the club.

But nevermind win at Annan and everything will be ok [emoji23]