CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

It's taken me a day or so of calm (and beer...) to recover from what was an absolute embarrassment on Saturday. In 15+ years home and away, Saturday was up there with the worst. Of course there are other candidates in locations such as Montrose and Dumfries but Saturday was something else.

Never have I seen a Clyde team care less. Every player looked like they couldn't wait to be home and can we blame them? A happier place where they are not shot of confidence or lambasted constantly by a power hungry, egotistical 'manager'. 

Yes, the players must share the blame but if I worked full-time, had a family etc etc then had to endure the mess that goes on behind the scenes at our club on top of that...I would probably try get myself sent off on purpose too...which there was a few cases of on Saturday.

Yet again, we need a complete change from top to bottom at our club. What a shock. We need switched on leaders on and off the park and with the current regime, I just don't see a happy ending.

As always, l'll be at Annan on Saturday. However, a defeat should spell the end for not just a manager who has had too many chances...but some on the apparent 'board' too.

37 minutes ago, BrigtonClyde said:

See that's all fine, and players absolutely carry a responsibility, but this is also the real world.

Look at these Chelsea players now.  They'd clearly downed tools for Mourinho, were getting pelters off the fans when he left, but now under Conte everything's forgotten and they're flying high.  True, it shouldn't be like that, but it is what it is.

The manager of any team takes responsibility for signings, tactics, man management etc etc, so there's a primary cause whether players respond well or otherwise.  I don't remember anyone downing tools for a Sir Alex Ferguson side, and if they did, they were soon out the door.

Our situation is precarious.  It's been just over 3 months since we won a league game, the vast majority of them being defeats.  Where's the sign that's going to turn around?  Maybe it magically will, but relying on others to remain stuck in a rut - there's only 7 points between us and bottom spot - so we get away with it isnt wise.  It's always "let's see what happens in the next game, or the one after that, or the one after that".  Clock's ticking.  You can't ask a new guy to come in with a handful of games left and perform a miracle.  It's high risk keeping him.  Maybe it will turn around and we pull clear, but all you can do is look at the track record over the past 3 months, and past 3 years.  However it plays out, It's been at least reasonable to suggest we need a change now. 

think you maybe picked me up wrong the fault lies with the manager fair and square and in no way am i making excuses , Hands up I have backed him from day one , but I would have got him turn of the year . I do think some players shoulder  blame the difference with your chelsea scenario is that  they didnt turn it on in the cup 

I can understand if you dislike a manager not playing for him but why put a shift in when it comes to cup ties that to me makes it even worse.

I don't think we will go down simply by default (Cowdenbeath are even worse ) 

I think we need to start planning for next season now  ,unfortunately it wont happen. crowds will plummet even more the  if we lose saturday the crowd on tuesday will be less than 350 which make our situation even worse as money will be used propping up this seasons budget at the expense of next years.  

39 minutes ago, WhiteCollarClyde said:

It's taken me a day or so of calm (and beer...) to recover from what was an absolute embarrassment on Saturday. In 15+ years home and away, Saturday was up there with the worst. Of course there are other candidates in locations such as Montrose and Dumfries but Saturday was something else.

Never have I seen a Clyde team care less. Every player looked like they couldn't wait to be home and can we blame them? A happier place where they are not shot of confidence or lambasted constantly by a power hungry, egotistical 'manager'. 

Yes, the players must share the blame but if I worked full-time, had a family etc etc then had to endure the mess that goes on behind the scenes at our club on top of that...I would probably try get myself sent off on purpose too...which there was a few cases of on Saturday.

Yet again, we need a complete change from top to bottom at our club. What a shock. We need switched on leaders on and off the park and with the current regime, I just don't see a happy ending.

As always, l'll be at Annan on Saturday. However, a defeat should spell the end for not just a manager who has had too many chances...but some on the apparent 'board' too.

good post 

It is a simple equation for me now. The fans have given lots of backing over the season as well as pre season, with the hope that the team turns up. Now, the team need to give me something to turn up for over the remainder of the season. This does not include a relegation dogfight. MAKE ME WANT TO COME ALONG, instead of feeling obliged to.

2 hours ago, cfcuk said:

think you maybe picked me up wrong the fault lies with the manager fair and square and in no way am i making excuses , Hands up I have backed him from day one , but I would have got him turn of the year . I do think some players shoulder  blame the difference with your chelsea scenario is that  they didnt turn it on in the cup 

I can understand if you dislike a manager not playing for him but why put a shift in when it comes to cup ties that to me makes it even worse.

I don't think we will go down simply by default (Cowdenbeath are even worse ) 

I think we need to start planning for next season now  ,unfortunately it wont happen. crowds will plummet even more the  if we lose saturday the crowd on tuesday will be less than 350 which make our situation even worse as money will be used propping up this seasons budget at the expense of next years.  

Stakes are just too high. Too high a risk relying on what another team may or may not do

A hunch there'll be at least one team worse off doesn't justify not taking the required action now so it all remains in our own hands

In this league the team at the bottom have gone on a run before and we're in the shit in the blink of an eye. If we were to go down, we're finished. The last 3 months IS relegation form. That needs to change by any and all means necessary, thinking /assuming someone will be worse isn't a plan

Stakes are just too high. Too high a risk relying on what another team may or may not do

A hunch there'll be at least one team worse off doesn't justify not taking the required action now so it all remains in our own hands

In this league the team at the bottom have gone on a run before and we're in the shit in the blink of an eye. If we were to go down, we're finished. The last 3 months IS relegation form. That needs to change by any and all means necessary, thinking /assuming someone will be worse isn't a plan

Where did I say do nothing

I was giving an opinion on relegation and surprise surprise I could be wrong [emoji4] I think we need to act now not just for this season but next , my hunch as you like to call it is that they would not sack him , he will have to leave

As I've said many times before Ferguson is only a small part of the overall problem

Think we are singing from the same hymn sheet

Ok Penguin you've caught me out. So my last words on the subject in order that you can take your medicine and get to bed.My source is clear on the matter.We have been in decline for 10 years so after hours of deliberation and looking at the league table and the atlas to see where Selkirk is,it has been agreed that in fairness to Barry he be given a contract for 11 years.This contract will be subject to review in season 2022/23 by which time we should get a better measure of progress made.I hope this clarifies the situation.

Not a sound coming out from the broadwood bunker [emoji4]
Goalkeeper man of the Match second week running tells you everything apart from gibson Ferguson has been good at selecting goalkeepers got to good at something ha ha

49 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Where did I say do nothing

I was giving an opinion on relegation and surprise surprise I could be wrong emoji4.png I think we need to act now not just for this season but next , my hunch as you like to call it is that they would not sack him , he will have to leave

As I've said many times before Ferguson is only a small part of the overall problem

Think we are singing from the same hymn sheet

I was meaning if the club made their decisions based on that assumption it's extremely risky

And for f**k sake dont you break into song...things are bad enough :P

Even if we do manage to avoid the utterly unthinkable this season, where is the incentive for fans going forward. Who in the right mind would buy a season ticket for next season with this clown still in charge. There is absolutely zero optimism or motivation that things will improve, no vision to buy into. Just a painful slide towards oblivion.

At the end of the day the club finds itself in this mess for one reason only fans didn't volunteer , go read the polit bureau new years address nothing to do with football management or governance of the club

Hope this helps [emoji4]

I actually thought I was showing concern for you.At least you have the sense to know your stupid.

if you were to trawl back I think you will find I have expressed the view that BF should go.Where I disagree wth Cfcuk and others is re the Board.Yes they made a mistake re East Kilbride but in many ways their hands are tied due to a lack of finance and someone with the strength of character and leadership skills to take things forward.

If you read the Insight section it is quite clear that the relocation initiative is still ongoing and as recently as yesterday there was a meeting with the SFA regarding this.I wonder if perhaps this is taking up so much time and energy that that core business-football-has been somewhat neglected.

Someone earlier said that the players must carry some responsibility and I agree with this.It is the strongest squad we have had for sometime but with a lack of direction from the sidelines we have been shown to be woefully lacking in leadership on the park.

Ii don't think we will end up in the Lowland League but I do worry that whoever comes in when BF goes is going to have a major rebuilding job. Of course a win on Saturday the who knows..

It is the strongest squad we have had for sometime but with a lack of direction from the sidelines we have been shown to be woefully lacking in leadership on the park.

I don't disagree with some of what you say regarding the board and the move but I do disagree with the statement above.
Where have the players shown us that they are a strong squad? With Lowden and Easton in the team maybe. The rest (minus MacDonald and a couple of others) have shown that they are anything but a strong squad. They are lower league two standard as the league table shows.

I actually thought I was showing concern for you.At least you have the sense to know your stupid.
if you were to trawl back I think you will find I have expressed the view that BF should go.Where I disagree wth Cfcuk and others is re the Board.Yes they made a mistake re East Kilbride but in many ways their hands are tied due to a lack of finance and someone with the strength of character and leadership skills to take things forward.
If you read the Insight section it is quite clear that the relocation initiative is still ongoing and as recently as yesterday there was a meeting with the SFA regarding this.I wonder if perhaps this is taking up so much time and energy that that core business-football-has been somewhat neglected.
Someone earlier said that the players must carry some responsibility and I agree with this.It is the strongest squad we have had for sometime but with a lack of direction from the sidelines we have been shown to be woefully lacking in leadership on the park.
Ii don't think we will end up in the Lowland League but I do worry that whoever comes in when BF goes is going to have a major rebuilding job. Of course a win on Saturday the who knows..

That should get you a trip into hospitality
Or even a free place at the golf day that's the usual reward [emoji23]enjoy

Usual stuff bad string of results let's deflect by bringing up the relocation theme[emoji3]
Ever occurred to you why are they putting all this effort into community projects in Cumbernauld if they are leaving ?

You keep believing the spin one day the penny will drop [emoji6]

1 hour ago, Harry Haddock said:

but in many ways their hands are tied due to a lack of finance and someone with the strength of character and leadership skills to take things forward.

True Harry, but they've been the architects of it.  All organisations carry out regular reviews of their operation, identify what's working well and what clearly needs addressed.  If need be, sourcing what's required from elsewhere and that should have been done several years ago.  But the more important thing is the future, moving forward, and that's what they should, and hopefully are, actively doing.

As for re-location, if they still feel that's necessary despite progress with NLL, they now have the benefit of hindsight.  That should help guide them as to the kind of proposal most would probably buy into which will be absolutely necessary.  That'll likely need to look very different from options quoted previously.  The main problem for them rebuilding the club is the lack of certainty over the longer term future.  Until it's resolved it's very difficult to see how they can develop strong links with any community.

Otherwise, as expected, the manager's for staying.  We're reduced to keeping our fingers crossed we don't drop further into a relegation dogfight.  While it's not impossible, it will take a monumental turnaround of form to reach the promotion playoffs and there's been nothing in the past 3 months to suggest that's likely. He's described Saturday's match as a "6 pointer", in the same way 3 games in December would "define our season".  Talk's talk, win games.