CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Aside from everything else, just in simple terms, I wonder what Ferguson thinks
That's a horrendous run of league results.  Forgetting about anything like "obviously disappointed / we'll just need to work harder" etc etc etc, would be interesting to know if he genuinely feels he can turn it around
I'm sure he's determined to succeed, to be a winner, but I wonder if he now honestly believes he can do it as opposed to maybe his pride pushing him on. 
I think he'll be there til the end of the season and we're in real danger of a relegation dogfight at this rate, so I can only hope that he and the players have enough about them to pick up points and quickly
Talk's cheap, it's far too deep into the season to just send out messages of hope. Win games, that's it 

Listening to him looking at his body language at games etc I really don't think he has any doubt that nothing of the mess we are in is his fault
Your right he is there till the end of the season I don't think we will go down due to the fact that Cowdenbeath appear even more inept than us , I however have been known to be wrong

If it did happen then everyone of the board will be culpable of finally killing the club off

26 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Mike Harris chairman of TNS. Ht interview on Alba. That is a guy with a vision and plan which is working.

Just thought I'd mention it . Anyway I'll be off back in to my bunker now.

What was it?

TNS strike me as a club who have managed to sustain themselves with regular european football income which was achieved by initially being bankrolled. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Edited by Snakebite

It was indeed a simple plan but one which would only by achieved by ownership of the ground. The club is community centred but can run a full time football club . He said as much in the interview that that was the main goal in plus group qualification to the Champions League. Hey my comments were almost like "What if?".

Well now .Seriously ? A comment l made has been taken once again as an opportunity for you to highlight your lack of ability to use grammar, syntax and punctuation. Away and get more dictionaries and access to an on line thesaurus. I have not read your post. I've looked at it . It's illegible.? By the way Maxy now Maxwell? Nowhere near my name. Who might you be ...Gentoo?

The reason some people like me respond to your posts like we do is obvious. You go overboard about comments on here and that, if made in earshot in a pub, you would question and resolve. I have no underlying agenda, EP. You clearly do. My team that I have supported for over 50 years is crap. You know that and I know that. Jumping in at any opportunity to slag off supporters,whose opinions you may or may not know, is a waste of energy. Many people, hey and I am one, agree with much of what you post. But....cut a bit of slack perhaps?

I was just too slow posting . Number3384 No I don't take the piss. I try to stay out of the in fighting.!I get frustrated and try too hard to be "clever", big words, syntax? Thought that was what you paid in a brothel!
Jeez EP. If you're big enough to say Aye Ok then I'd like to be first. I hate arguing with Clyde fans.Lets save the vitriol to when we face the Thistle Luvvies again.

Problems this season turned around the time David Douglas resigned (prior to the Berwick match in November). I have got to know him well and he had, and still does have, big ideas and plans for the club and it would be exciting. Decent investment would follow. Fan engagement and a real, clear vision of where the club would be heading. But the problem is he is only at the club in the commercial side and no longer CEO due to the issue with himself and Ferguson. He would come back in a heart beat but not under the current management regime.

For me, he is the ideal candidate for the vacant chair position.

Of course he is. 

As if we needed ANOTHER question, how many CEOs would walk from a club because of an arsehole of a manager? The world is meant to work OPPOSITE to that....the CEO shouldn't need to put up with any shite from a manager, especially one whose team in playing crap at the time. 

For the millionth time, why would Ferguson not have gone instead of Douglas??? 

There's a reason. 

David wasn't on the board of directors so he had no authority on Ferguson's position as manager sadly. He was almost consul for Ferguson and the players in his role as CEO.

The fall out was of a personal nature. That's as much as I know of it. David's reason for leaving at that time are his and I don't want to talk on his behalf but he certainly didn't want to leave the club and is very much keen to come back from any conversation I have had with him.

Rumours cutting about on various Rangers pages that Ferguson has resigned, one mentioning he apparently telt the players yesterday that he had managed his last game. Here's fuckin hoping!!!

I thought he managed his last game in mid November. Does standing at the side and occasionally crouching to pitch level count as managing? If so I'll polish up my C.V.

Problems this season turned around the time David Douglas resigned (prior to the Berwick match in November). I have got to know him well and he had, and still does have, big ideas and plans for the club and it would be exciting. Decent investment would follow. Fan engagement and a real, clear vision of where the club would be heading. But the problem is he is only at the club in the commercial side and no longer CEO due to the issue with himself and Ferguson. He would come back in a heart beat but not under the current management regime.

He was CEO for 8 months. Can you list what he achieved in those 8 months?
I'll start you off:
- Hosted a couple of fan engagement meetings alongside a Director.
- Encouraged fans to organise a race night.
- Bought pints for fans in Jersey
- Hinted at new signings on social media.

Did I miss anything?

A Rangers fan who got involved because of Ferguson. Quits when he falls out with him. Hopefully he isn't anywhere near the players now if he's fallen out with the manager.

Another in a long line of hangers on that have come through the doors of Broadwood seeking a blazer.

Next please.

The John Sweeney Appreciation Society have tonight moved to block the exit of Ferguson. In a press statement, a spokesmen for the society is alleged to have said: "Oooooh" and added "Sao Paulo cannot be vindicated once again - we'll see Clyde go to the wall before we let it happen".

maxresdefault.jpg

54 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Couldn't agree more Adolfo

His approach was the first time in years I heard someone from the club speaking a language I could understand. It even superceded the playoff final in terms of optimism for the longer term future. 

I know what happened, he made a mistake IMO (though I agreed with his POV) but that's a mistake, singular. On reflection I'm sure he'll learn from that. It's gone, past, he now needs to take the role he was in real terms carrying out anyway, but can make official

A few months ago someone, and I know who you are, said he was only doing what he was told to do. Let me compare it this way:

I hire someone saying I want you to bring in £50k for my company in the next financial year. I have no idea how to do it but that's the deal. He says, fine, but you can't get involved. After a year, £50k duly raised. I then say, thanks, but yeah, you were only doing what I told you to. It's all down to my directive

Cute

David, it's time

4 minutes ago, Fat Sally said:

He was CEO for 8 months. Can you list what he achieved in those 8 months?
I'll start you off:
- Hosted a couple of fan engagement meetings alongside a Director.
- Encouraged fans to organise a race night.
- Bought pints for fans in Jersey
- Hinted at new signings on social media.

Did I miss anything?

A Rangers fan who got involved because of Ferguson. Quits when he falls out with him. Hopefully he isn't anywhere near the players now if he's fallen out with the manager.

Another in a long line of hangers on that have come through the doors of Broadwood seeking a blazer.

Next please.

This will be the 'Petershill fan' and backer of the abortion that would have been Shettleston wi that crook that burned Baillieston to the ground

Well seen. Away and take a f**k to yourself