CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Cant defend league form but im looking at players more than manager. Seems we have an awful lot who play to the occasion like last two as oppose to grinding it out v Annan. Cowden n so on.Probably one of besr squads we could ever hope,Too many Players letting us down. Theyve got cpl months to prove me wrong

It's the managers job to motivate the players for matches and have them playing an effective system. It's also the managers job to make subs, or change the system to try and influence the outcome of the match.

Throughout football when the players don't perform/aren't motivated the manager carries the can. For me it's the manager letting the players down. The big games take care of themselves but in the other games he needs to display some leadership and make sure the players know what is required.

launch a fucking pish-stained tirade like above.

Pseudo intellectual. Have a lie down, or something. Who attacked who??

I think you'll find that you started on me for giving comment on Ferguson's newspaper column.

I take my opinions from what I see on the field, what I hear from fellow supporters at the match and other sources. This is no different from most fans. Like them, my views are individual to me. I don't speak for anyone else or collude with anyone else.

I'm sorry that I don't conform to a grand conspiracy against you and others that you seem so desperate to find.

I've no beef with you, other than the occasional joining-in that occurs when i answer with more than three words. I even liked your post!!

I'm glad to hear it. I like to think that I consider every post on its merits.
So maybe I'll like your posts in the future as I'm sure I have in the past.

I'll consider myself collateral damage.

But you still need to calm down.

Personally, I agree with this.

The players have to accept responsibility too.

However, Barry continues to play players that most can see are not good enough. Namely, Higgins, Gormley, Johnston and McLaughlin.

Three of them were re-signed in the summer.
That was entirely Ferguson's fault.

This annoys me. Always hear pundits like Derek Ferguson or whoever who dont really know L2 too well and they say Clyde are underacheiveing with the squad they've got BECAUSE they've got players as good as Higgins/McLaughlin/Gormley etc.

And there you are a fan that watches them week in week out saying they're not good enough. Guys like Higgins and McLaughlin definitely living off their past reputation.

I just don't see it, other than Lowden/Easton and McDonald there's not a single Clyde player I'd like to come to Arbroath.

Ferguson should be doing better with these guys though I admit that but the way some pundits go on you'd think you were full of L2 superstars.

This annoys me. Always hear pundits like Derek Ferguson or whoever who dont really know L2 too well and they say Clyde are underacheiveing with the squad they've got BECAUSE they've got players as good as Higgins/McLaughlin/Gormley etc.

And there you are a fan that watches them week in week out saying they're not good enough. Guys like Higgins and McLaughlin definitely living off their past reputation.

I just don't see it, other than Lowden/Easton and McDonald there's not a single Clyde player I'd like to come to Arbroath.

Ferguson should be doing better with these guys though I admit that but the way some pundits go on you'd think you were full of L2 superstars.

Seriously with the players we have to be sitting 7th 27 points behind the league leaders isn't underachieving nobody said scosshing the league

Apart from linn and McCord don't think any others are that much better

Ps you forgot about Linton

Gomes

McNeil Perry Hamilton Lowden

McCord McMillan

Linn Easton Linton

MacDonald

^^ That's be my Arbroath/Clyde remix. 6 Clyde, 5 Arbroath. Worth noting that two of those have been injured most of the season. I'd put Doris in for Easton and go two up front. McNiff's been much better since the start of December but I'd still rather play a Lowden with one knee than him or Sukar. Maybe put Smith/Little at centre half and Hamiton to left back. Now putting too much thought into it.

Not a Higgins/McLaughlin/Gormley in sight. Bizarre to pick those three out when they split opinion more than any other Clyde players.

Even still, once he gets back to match fitness he would have provided some competition up front and after training with us for some time I thought this was on the cards.

Disappointing given that his competition is Higgins and league-Gormley, but departing to Stirling of all teams?? Hopefully they've inherited Barry's sleeper agent.

Money ? We have signed mackenzie and Mcmillan don't think there is a bottomless pit [emoji6]
Will be interesting to our budget this year
When the accounts are produced think it might explode the myth of the shoestring :)

Not a Higgins/McLaughlin/Gormley in sight. Bizarre to pick those three out when they split opinion more than any other Clyde players.

Do they really split opinion that much?

Universally the guys around me agree that they are not very good.

Agree with your Clydebroath team though

So, who can't wait to read Barry in the paper next week then?? Seeing as its not that big a deal, while Clyde plummet like a fucking stone.....they say 24 hours is a long time in politics, let's be hearing the cheerleaders. Cameron?? Carrigan?? MonDaClyde?? 

He should try telling a few of our players to f**k up or they are getting rattled into the Frosties.

There is literally nothing positive to take from today. Baffling management, horrendous football, shocking result and terrifying form seeing us slide to 7th. Tiredness and refereeing no doubt contributed but that is utterly inexcusable.

Happy?

And there is a difference between cheerleading and remaining optomistic. Alas, almost everyone is level with you now, congratulations! Bet you are happy really.

You honestly believe clyde fans are happy at the situation

The club is a disaster area no chairman no leadership and a poor manager who obviously has a grip on the club
Why was this allowed to happen ?

If you think I take any pleasure in my club nosediving down the bottom league in Scotland you have no idea