CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

I've a lot of respect for David. I feel he's done a lot for the club. For that I'm grateful. He has a lot of good will in the bank.

However,I don't understand how you can have an open meeting for fans but not tell all the fans.

If it's just a case of one of the organisers jumping the gun and there's to be an announcement imminently that's fine. Next time they should ensure they get their ducks in a row first.

It should appear on the official page first. Things like personal Facebook pages and DMs on Twitter are not the way to go as it leads to the feeling that some fans are left out. Which ties in to my view that some fans feel disenfranchised.

I've a lot of respect for David. I feel he's done a lot for the club. For that I'm grateful. He has a lot of good will in the bank.

However,I don't understand how you can have an open meeting for fans but not tell all the fans.

If it's just a case of one of the organisers jumping the gun and there's to be an announcement imminently that's fine. Next time they should ensure they get their ducks in a row first.

It should appear on the official page first. Things like personal Facebook pages and DMs on Twitter are not the way to go as it leads to the feeling that some fans are left out. Which ties in to my view that some fans feel disenfranchised.

This isn't David's meeting. This was fan arranged. He has been invited to it.

It's no wonder we can barely attract any new blood to the board of directors. Here we have two people potentially willing to help Clyde, engage with the fans and we have a two page discussions on if it is appropriate for them to meeting up with the fans.

It's no wonder we can barely attract any new blood to the board of directors. Here we have two people potentially willing to help Clyde, engage with the fans and we have a two page discussions on if it is appropriate for them to meeting up with the fans.

I'm criticising the notification process not the individuals. As I said, I think David does an excellent job and hope he and others continue to help the club.

It was fans who instigated this not the fooking club.  The fans don't have access to the fooking website.

Its on here, its on facebook and the members section of the clubs website.

FFS.,people at the club do my fooking head in. To many with agenda's.

The club is fooked and something has to change, this is a positive step taken by a fan, to try and get some of this shit sorted.

I'm sick of the negative response, to things re Clyde not just on here.

Lets all pull together and see what the meeting can do,to help make our club great again.

There's an open meeting with Norrie Innes and David Douglas on the 3rd of June in Glasgow city centre. I'm not going to disclose the exact location on here but can say via PM. 

This is not a dig but why the secrecy?

It was fans who instigated this not the fooking club.  The fans don't have access to the fooking website.

Its on here, its on facebook and the members section of the clubs website.

FFS.,people at the club do my fooking head in. To many with agenda's.

First of all, I have absolutely no agenda.

Why not ask to have the meeting put on the website? The club should be amenable.

We complain about fans bring left in the dark but have a meeting to address fans concerns but we can't be open about it.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

I'm not on facebook and no longer a member. I'll send a DM when I work out how to.

The meeting sounds like a good idea to me. Don't think there is any negative in getting to discuss how we try to take the club forward with the potential new chairman & someone like DD who I feel in a short time with the club was doing good work with the club & also with fan engagement.