CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

I don't post on here much but personally I feel their is nothing worse than people pointless arguing over 2nd division teams and getting all aggressive etc. Whatever happens happens let's just be sound. Good luck to cowden x

Nightmare of a season, so very happy it's done and buried and we are safe.

We need to have massive changes from top to bottom during the close season, all well and good saying the board need to go, but who replaces them? Think bringing Norrie Innes on board will be a positive move, seems to know his stuff, whether he knows how to run a football club, well only time will tell, but willing to give him a chance.

As for the squad? I'd put the fucking lot of them against the wall.

Get an experienced manager in. We've done the young gaffer in the past, and other than Kernaghan, it's been an unmitigated disaster.

Give us something to cheer for next season Clyde. I couldn't make the game today, and was told on more than one occasion that I was being a grumpy b*****d and rude as my phone wasn't out of my hand all afternoon.

Nightmare of a season, so very happy it's done and buried and we are safe.

We need to have massive changes from top to bottom during the close season, all well and good saying the board need to go, but who replaces them? Think bringing Norrie Innes on board will be a positive move, seems to know his stuff, whether he knows how to run a football club, well only time will tell, but willing to give him a chance.

As for the squad? I'd put the fucking lot of them against the wall.

Get an experienced manager in. We've done the young gaffer in the past, and other than Kernaghan, it's been an unmitigated disaster.

Give us something to cheer for next season Clyde. I couldn't make the game today, and was told on more than one occasion that I was being a grumpy b*****d and rude as my phone wasn't out of my hand all afternoon.

Well if there is nobody else to take over better get used to this crap every year
Hear this all the time let them resign and see if someone else steps up

I'm pished so bully wee. 

Higgins is the first one out the door surely. Next is JP (if your watching, no, it wasn't me you squared up to but that was a disgrace). I wouldn't be sad to see Peaso gone either (team of the year and on the bench again. Sackable offence in itself). 

Only players I would keep: Quinn, McNeil McNiff (squad player), Easton, Lowdon, Goodwillie, Gornley (squad). Flynn at a push.

New manager must be the first port of call. If we can get Danny Lennon then he should be appointed tomorrow.

f**k the old firm.

1 minute ago, Johnny Däpp said:

I must've missed JP squaring up to a fan?? I seen Higgins react to a fan but that was it. Can't say I blame any fans for shouting at the squad to be honest, I was on the pitch in jubilation but it's pretty sad when you think the reasons why we went on the park. Mind you I went for a Goodwillie first, that man is a fuckin life saver!

He dragged Higgins away. "Aye it's not been good enough". No shit sherlock. Cherrio. 

I must've missed JP squaring up to a fan?? I seen Higgins react to a fan but that was it. Can't say I blame any fans for shouting at the squad to be honest, I was on the pitch in jubilation but it's pretty sad when you think the reasons why we went on the park. Mind you I went for a Goodwillie first, that man is a fuckin life saver!

If he hadn't been there last couple of weeks we would have been in the play offs

Been one hellish season only made remotely tolerable by sharing it with some cracking guys in the Clyde support, the club is lucky to have them, stuck by them through some of the most dreadful football , the support can stand proud this season more than can be said for some of the imposters we have watched this season [emoji122]

Out of all the squad;
Gibson (Useless, get rid)
Quinn (only seen a little of him but worth a gamble)
Johnston (I must be the only clyde fan who likes him, always an attacking threat even if his crosses are pish. Right manager could sort him out)
Lowdon (plain and simple keep)
Perry (Get rid, good speaker shit player)
Smith (player of the year last year, would keep for next)
McNiff (Bit of a let down I reckon so far but been played out of position so would still keep)
Easton (100% if possible)
Fergie (time to let him go. Sadly)
Linton (Best player for parts of the season keep)
Flynn (not to sure what to make of him. Get rid)
JP (Would like him to stay in some sort of capacity)
McLaughlin (Been mince since October get rid)
McMillan (another player not lived up to expectations although can definitely play at higher level not to sure about him)
Goodwillie (Again 100% keep if possible)
Gormley (Gives his all for the cause and never stops running. May not get all the goals but his contribution is key definitely keep)
Higgins (Thought he'd be a decent signing think back to his volley against clyde in Barry's first year but one of the worst in the squad get rid)
McKenzie (not had much of a chance with us. Liked the look of him at Stirling and Elgin but still Get Rid)
MacDonald (surely anyone can't be wanting him to leave, no matter who we sign as a squad player he'd be terrific of the bench. Second highest goal scored in the league says it all really.
So I'd keep 11 out of the squad. Pretty controversial considering most want only 3 or 4 to stay but they 11 would be a great start for a new manager to build within and work with. Hopefully get a new manager announced as soon as possible!

You want to keep eleven players from the team that just finished second bottom? Anyone wanting to keep more than 5 or so from this squad clearly hasn't been paying attention.

McNeil, Linton, MacDonald, Easton and Goodwillie are the only ones we should be eager to keep. We retain eleven players from this squad and it will be another fight to avoid bottom place again.

Well we do already have 5 signed up for next year already
"At the end of last week, the club confirmed the addition of five new signings; Matt Flynn, Martin McNiff, Phil Johnston, Jordan Lowdon and Ewan McNeil.

All of those players have signed two-year contracts with The Bully Wee"

6 minutes ago, clyde_darren said:

"At the end of last week, the club confirmed the addition of five new signings; Matt Flynn, Martin McNiff, Phil Johnston, Jordan Lowdon and Ewan McNeil.

Matt Flynn is an old pal of David Goodwillie .... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17929730

Goodwillie has had a hand in every goal we've scored since he joined. Hat trick vs Elgin and goal vs Montrose yesterday, won the corner for Smith's goal and set up Gormley vs Annan, and won the penalty vs Berwick.

Johnston didn't sign a two year deal
His contract is up

I'm not sure MacDonald will want to stay if the board don't want him as manager.

Easton, Goodwillie should be our priorities to retain.

Looking forward to seeing Lowden playing again. I thought he looked very good before his injury.

Perhaps try to get an old, ugly, vocal centre half with experience for the back line. A Mark McLaughlin type.

I'm also looking forward to Higgins and Scott McLaughlin playing junior football next season. (Central second division)