CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Thus proving that again, the content is pre-disposed to the dustbin, because of one line. EXCEPT.....

I said nothing of the sort. There's a sizable difference between agreeing up to a point with someone, only to randomly censure them when whatever they convey becomes tiresome or self-fulfilling (an attitude endemic within the club; why would 'negativity' whatever that is, stand a greater chance of inducing failure, unless voluntary bogeymen present themselves; being blindly 'positive' would have changed nothing, other than force people out of character), and outrightly calling them on their method.......i ask, in comparison, does the guy who thinks his burd is shagging his best mate suddenly have an enormous burst of pride in his conviction when he finds out that she is? NONE of us are glad this is where we are. 

You made it to your last line, without giving heed to your own endorsement of the open forum..... ie, its all about opinions. Healthy debate, etc. As long as your face fits. You could have at least tried to play the white man, even just for that. Now i do think you're a sheep. 

I'm honestly struggling to make sense of the first two paragraphs, apart from the last sentence. There's really not much point in me offering a response to that.

Opinions are fine, but let's be honest, it's more of an accusation you've levelled at me, and an unfair and unsubstantiated one at that. Where we find ourselves reflects badly on everyone at the club, board included. But I ask you this, what would benefit the club over the next few days, negativity and self-pity, or a bit of support and solidarity? Things need to change, but they can wait until we have secured our league status no?

How have the Dundee players been for you lads? Gourlay got a chance of being our future number 1? Certainly been high hopes at him at Dens.

Gourlay looks promising. Confident player

Waddell less so. He has made a few mistakes that have cost us important goals. You also have to be aware that he is playing in a debacle of a defense so that may effect his performance. Looks okay though

How have the Dundee players been for you lads? Gourlay got a chance of being our future number 1? Certainly been high hopes at him at Dens.

Goal keeper looks a right good prospect considering his age
The centre half has made a couple of real basic errors that has cost us goals very good in the air needs experience

Agree completely about the 2 lads, Gourley looks like he could have a decent career, exudes confidence and does all the basic goalkeeping duties well which is a big change from watching our usual goalie flapping every week. Waddel has made a couple of costly errors, apart from that he has been solid and seems to be learning from his mistakes, I guess that is the whole point in loaning young players out to iron out their faults so I suppose it has benefitted all parties.

Never been more relieved to see the back of a season than this one. Started off well enough but turned to shite the minute the clocks went back.

A decent cup run and MacDonald about the only highlights of an abysmal season. Ferguson should have been out the door sooner. McGovern and MacDonald wouldn't have been my choice but they did manage to dig out enough points at home. I wouldnt want them as the permanent management team though.

I would be keeping very few of this squad. McNeil, Linton, MacDonald and Easton are the only ones I would be keen to keep.

We got away with it, OK good

Complete restructure of the club when you're ready. If you think a tweak here and there round the edges will be enough, prepare yourselves for years of this

Hope all the lads that went up today enjoy themselves tonight, Christ knows they've earned it

We got away with it, OK good
Complete restructure of the club when you're ready. If you think a tweak here and there round the edges will be enough, prepare yourselves for years of this
Hope all the lads that went up today enjoy themselves tonight, Christ knows they've earned it

Spot on mate

Well, relief is all I can describe today; time to get this sorted and ensure we are never in this position again or at least anytime soon. Credit to Peaso and JP for doing what they were asked to do, I'm sure they will not be managing next season but happy to see them back as player coach under a proven experienced manager with a contract bases on success that does not make him in a position where he limps on while we visibly die in front of our eyes.

Over to the board now and of course the new Chairman to make this season a distant memory and perhaps a lesson in what can happen if apathy sets in.

My message to the Board:

NEVER AGAIN TREAT OUR CLUB AS AN EGO TRIP! 

5 minutes ago, Bully Wee Charlie said:

Personally i would only keep Goodwillie, Peaso, Easton and McNeil. The rest would be away next week.

There might be a case for one or two others, but that's it. I'd keep Linton and give Lowden a chance when he's fit again. might suggest giving Scott Ferguson a preseason to give him a chance of regaining his pre injury self. 

Think it'll take a bit more than just a new chairman if this club's to get serious lads, but we'll see what happens

Like the squad the boardroom needs cleared out quite clear the present incumbents can't take the club forward
Not interested in hearing this p**h about there is nobody else to do it , time for change now