CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Just about all of the current squad.Read their interviews in the match programme or on the Clyde site.Or even more recently Linton's interview in the Herald.

Difference is stark has a good record as a manager .

Stark or Lennon would be good shouts.

We need a manager that has knowledge and experience of the lower leagues and has had some success there.

It's important for any new manager to have the ability to spot hidden gems of players or at least players that fit well into his prefer​ed team shape

Another important skill is to make existing and new players better.

These are all things Ferguson lacked.

I would expect there will be no shortage of candidates so they'll be no excuses in this regard.

I don't see any chance of Danny Lennon dropping to this level. If he's patient I would expect he could get a League One club, if not Championship.

I wouldn't go near Billy Stark. He’s a bit of a dinosaur as far as I’m concerned and never been impressed by anything he’s said in interviews. He was also completely useless as Scotland U21 manager.

The last two managers to win this league were Gary Naismith and Darren Young, so experience isn’t essential but the correct choice is. If we are to appoint a young manager I’d prefer we insist on a more experienced assistant, as we must avoid the Bob Malcolm/only there because he’s Barry’s pal type appointment. The way we should have hired Gary Bollan and Dougie Bell years ago.

Maybe old news to some but first I've heard it. According to the sun this morning, the future chairman is believed to have earmarked a site two miles from Shawfield for our new stadium.
I need to go and buy a compass now [emoji3]

Shawfield is bottom right, could it be that football facility in the top left maybe?

83e1f8138cb21c0e5423e848de161aea.jpg

Bit off topic but I've been moving house and just discovered my ticket from the Clyde 2 - 1 Celtic game and noticed we paid £20 for that match.

That was 11 years ago and so £20 seems steep and it's obvious the Clyde board back then were cashing in on the expected big gate.

Obviously for the end result I would have paid any amount but it got me thinking, would the club get away with charging such a high price these days?

I think that in the modern age of social media a club hiking the prices so much like we obviously did back then would be the subject of much criticism and boycott threats from away fans and our own supporters. Fans probably complained back then but with less mediums to have their voice heard then it probably fell on deaf ears.