CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

56 minutes ago, marco44 said:

David Goodwille signing.
Surely it's an April Fool.

First reaction was to have a giggle at that, but sad to say that on reflection it just aint no laughing matter. A laughing matter for others within my household is that i forgot to cancel my flipping alarm clock set to get me up for todays game.

And like someone posted earlier i wont be back til he is gone. The thought of accidentally cheering as that cnut scores a goal makes me cringe in so many ways.

Back into retirement for me. 

Is it true that 6 Clyde players are refusing to play today (assuming over the Goodwillie thinh)?

We have about that injured/struggling for fitness at the moment(Gibson, Quinn, McMillan, Linton, Perry and others) People using the 2+2=7 formula here.

It's a similar dilemma to Chef Evans, with the added complication of never having been tried. The questions about rehabilitation, punishment, role model behaviour are all in the background. The real question is how a board, a number of individuals arrived at decision like this. Are they desperate, amoral or just oblivious to the consequences?

45 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Out of the tens of thousands of posts I've read on here, this is probably the worst.

5 minutes ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Some people just want to be outraged . Get a life

God he managed to top it! I wouldn't want Goodwillie anywhere near my team just like I did with Robertson.  Bit pathetic that you feel otherwise.

12 hours ago, Bogs_Dollox said:

Guys made a drunken mistake if he has even done anything . Give the guy a break .

Would you be comfortable offering this viewpoint in person to the family of the victim of the 'drunken mistake'?

See if the answer to that question is 'no', then you should really learn to shut the fúck up about it on here. 

Not saying the guy's an angel, he's been incredibly stupid, and "on the balance of probabilities" has probably/ possibly /allegedly taken advantage of someone more drunk than he was.

There but for the grace of God go many on here.

1. There's nothing alleged about it. A civil court (which is of no lesser legal standing than a criminal court) has considered him to have done so.

2. Your second point is abhorrent. No. Not "but for the grace of God go many on here". Far from it. Our culture may be cheapened, but it isn't messed to the point that "many" of us take advantage of women who drunk themselves into oblivion. Hence the vast, vast majority of posters are condemning Clyde.