CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

I think you are wrong Cfcuk.No doubt crowds would drop in the Lowland League but not to the level envisaged by you.For whatever the reason there are still many of us who will still follow and I suspect that you might even make the odd appearance. it is     In the blood.

No comment Sorry to negative a post [emoji6]

It's called discussion. Something which it has to be said, the majority appear shite fucking scared to take part in....be it club matters (perhaps feart of offending their pals) or onfield problems (which would mean criticising most of the team)

Or maybe they don't feel like endlessly speculating on board/CIC issues.

Am i out of order for asking why, and equally impotantly, where such info comes from.

Not really. I also wonder sometimes the veracity of some of the "facts" that people state on here.

However, I don't think people who choose not to are scared to upset their "pals" or the players.

Sometimes the continuous board/CIC talk and negativity on every Clyde thread gets tedious. I can understand fans not involving themselves in those discussions.

After all, we all know the club issues. They're staring us in the face every match we play.

You don't actually believe this stuff you post do you?
Have you asked all the support this question or are you just passing off your opinions as facts?

Might and seem , sounds to you like stating facts? Is that a fact your stating? [emoji23]

6 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

Ok, I agree with a previous poster - the comments are just becoming more and more depressing, and you are one of the main contributors. 

I know you are more passionate than a lot of supporters, but how's about cutting down on the depressing negativity?

I, like many other fans, know just how bad a predicament we're in - without continually having to be reminded.

I'm not a "happy clapper" (whatever that is). I'm not somebody who thinks the Board have done a good job (they have obviously made mistakes, which I'm sure, with hindsight, they know they shouldn't have made). But I still appreciate that these guys are spending a lot of their own time trying to keep the ship afloat.

We've got 5 of the next 6 games at home. If we can't get a fair few points out of that - the bottom line is we don't deserve anything other than to be preparing for a play-off. If the worst happens and we do end up bottom of the league, I'm trying to be optimistic that some of our injured players will be fit enough by that time to take part in the play-off, and more importantly, make a difference.

It's been an abomination of a season (apart from the Cup), but if I were a betting man my money would still be on us staying up. Assuming we do, we have to get the next managerial appointment right, so it makes sense to me not to rush into a panic decision. The one thing I would do though, is contact somebody like Jimmy Calderwood, or Danny Lennon to see if they'd be willing to lend a guiding hand (for free, obviously) until the end of the season. (If you don't ask, you don't get). 

And if the unthinkable happens and we do go down, I'll still be there supporting the team, until it takes its dying breath - or I do.

Calderwood won't help. He is a Cowdenbeath director.

6 home games out of 9 for Clyde. You have the best run in. Crucial game for you guys on Saturday.

Two massive games against us coming up very soon.

Despite losing under Fox, we had plenty of chances most weeks to win. The change of manager should have us winning games now. Tonight maybe a blip because of the bridge problem. Some of our players struggled to make the game, even with a later kick off. Not ideal preparation.

I have to see last nights draw as a positive result for Clyde, a home win would have added huge pressure and given Cowdenbeath massive momentum. Also not convinced Berwick are out of this, often in these scenarios there is a surprise, who knows?  

As it has always been the fight to stay in the league is still in our own hands and yes we are doing our best to cut our own throat, but with mainly home games left if we don't do enough to; at worst, match Cowdenbeath's results then we are down and deservedly so! Up to players now really at this stage, positive mind set required. 

Excellent appointment.Interesting that he has been involved in relocation plans.Happy Cfcuk?

Seriously good to see some fresh blood from outside the club coming in and hopefully he gets a free reign to as he says revitalise the club

As all things clyde prepared to give him till at least the end of May