CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Don't talk nonsense. The board allowed Ferguson to sign the players. A squad we were told were the best in the league. They provided funding for a Jersey trip, overnight stays etc.

The mess was created by Ferguson and the players alone.

The board can be blamed for many things, including choosing Ferguson, but not the league position.

The Clyde board seem to have a lot of similarities to that of Stirling's.

They did all the right things and backed their man in every way possible, and in all the right ways.....however, they were doing it for someone who wasn't actually the right man.

That's football.

The board's involvement is when the goals achievable within the aims of the club are no longer possible. Defeat at Station Park, Ferguson's fault completely by the way, gave Forfar an unassailable lead, from our pov anyway. That turned a poor run of form into a complete disaster. That was the time to act, in order to preserve our chances of a playoff spot. This inaction has cost us the chance of a clean slate and the opportunity to properly compete for fifteen league points, of which we have returned ONE. 

The Board were praised for getting him in, and would have been lauded had things been different. But they're not and we're seriously in the shit. These clowns could have acted to help prevent this. They chose not to. CHOSE. 

As I said, I was challenging the statement that the players and manager were blameless for the league position. I disagree. That was all.

As I said, I was challenging the statement that the players and manager were blameless for the league position. I disagree. That was all.

Never said they were blameless my position is where the responsibility for the position we are in a the moment

No problem with you thinking it's the players all about opinions.

You still haven't said what the board are at blame for?

They did all the right things and backed their man in every way possible, and in all the right ways.....however, they were doing it for someone who wasn't actually the right man.

So you know the inner workings of our club , might like to share it with us .

And you seem to have struck a note with

their backers [emoji23]

You free for the golf day ?

Never said they were blameless my position is where the responsibility for the position we are in a the moment

No problem with you thinking it's the players all about opinions.

You still haven't said what the board are at blame for?

If I've picked you up wrongly, I apologise.

I think the board can be blamed for making Ferguson manager. I think they can be blamed for not acting to get rid of him. I think they can be blamed for giving him an extension.

If they have allowed Ferguson to pay players out of his own pocket or him leaving the club financially liable at all I would be disgusted.

Many fans seem to feel disenfranchised and the board should take responsibility for that as all Clyde supporters should feel their views and experiences are important.

But as I said, the players and manager are responsible for the LEAGUE position and potential relegation not the board.

If I've picked you up wrongly, I apologise.

I think the board can be blamed for making Ferguson manager. I think they can be blamed for not acting to get rid of him. I think they can be blamed for giving him an extension.

If they have allowed Ferguson to pay players out of his own pocket or him leaving the club financially liable at all I would be disgusted.

Many fans seem to feel disenfranchised and the board should take responsibility for that as all Clyde supporters should feel their views and experiences are important.

But as I said, the players and manager are responsible for the LEAGUE position and potential relegation not the board.

Fair enough all about opinions

Main thing is we agree that we have to back players and management they are the only ones who can prevent us from going down

I can't believe what i'm reading. 

As a club employee (or employer via the club, if he has paid things himself), he was within the permits of getting his balls booted over poor results. Didn't happen. So while losing games was the fault of players and manager, the custodians of the club have caused it to reach the depths we find ourselves now. 

Everyones a fucking patsy at this club, aren't they? They threw Dishon under a bus allowing him to step forward over the tax balls-up, seemingly everyone who has come and gone behind the scenes has left with a trail of excuses and accusations, and now the guy who's funded his entire stay here is all the b*****ds of the day now that he's gone. 

Broadwood, NLL , Ex directors the list is endless every year there is a new bogeyman

4 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

Broadwood, NLL , Ex directors the list is endless every year there is a new bogeyman

Here is a question

How many people are on the Board currently , and how many Directors have we had since the Spring of 2004 when the stih hit the fan?

If we can work out an answer I am thinking it will be surprisingly high and a sign of instability.

Everyones a fucking patsy at this club, aren't they?

You can't claim Ferguson as a patsy.

We all saw him "shoot the President" with our own eyes. No magic bullet, no grassy knoll, no other shooter. Too many eye witnesses for denial.

Ferguson was guilty of killing our season bang to rights.

9 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Here is a question

How many people are on the Board currently , and how many Directors have we had since the Spring of 2004 when the stih hit the fan?

If we can work out an answer I am thinking it will be surprisingly high and a sign of instability.

No idea presh, but if it is high, then perhaps your notion of instability maybe true, but the question  surely is, if so then why?

Then the answer maybe, in your very own words presh, "to work 5-20 hours a week for no pay and be verbally abused or otherwise abused or have your motivations regularly questioned,  simply does not work for most people"

So, perhaps you should be reminding this new Halfwit Faction presh that monopolise this forum instead of having a sly dig yourself.

Be mindful presh or you may be presumed guilty by association.

6 hours ago, STTOFO said:

No idea presh, but if it is high, then perhaps your notion of instability maybe true, but the question  surely is, if so then why?

Then the answer maybe, in your very own words presh, "to work 5-20 hours a week for no pay and be verbally abused or otherwise abused or have your motivations regularly questioned,  simply does not work for most people"

So, perhaps you should be reminding this new Halfwit Faction presh that monopolise this forum instead of having a sly dig yourself.

Be mindful presh or you may be presumed guilty by association.

What a solid addition to the debate you are. Keep up the Freddie Mercury impression. 

Calling other Clyde fans half wits is a nice touch. I have assumed you are a Clyde fan.

Smoke & mirrors
If you've got smoking mirrors, be an idea you gie the Fire Brigade a tinkle....8)

Lol

That's what happens when use predictive and don't check

Or simply just showing I'm a total fud [emoji23]