CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Genuine question. Do you think Easton will stay? He left a good Elgin team to sign for a team he thought was going to better his career.

No.idea he is coming back from a really bad injury dint know if many teams will take a chance till they see he is fit

Depends on new manager and wages of course

Did any one ever think we should have appointed Gary Bollan a few seasons ago?

Every think it might just be the management of the club that's the problem

Did Bollan not have a stint as caretaker or have I imagined that I'm at a funny age :)

Genuine question. Do you think Easton will stay? He left a good Elgin team to sign for a team he thought was going to better his career.

No idea, his stock won't be that high after been out injured for nearly a full season. Hopefully he does stay but if somebody else takes a punt on him then don't think he will stay.

Club Statement - First Team Manager
Sun, 26th Feb 2017 2:21pm
The Board has today reluctantly accepted the resignation of first team manager, Barry Ferguson.

Despite a welcome run in the William Hill Scottish Cup, which ended with an agonising defeat to Championship side Ayr United in a fifth round replay, both the manager and the club were disappointed with the recent poor run of League results, often not reflecting the effort and standard of play, which culminated in the defeat at Annan yesterday.

That result leaves the club with only an outside chance of achieving the objective of securing a play-off place and then promotion to League 1.

The club would like to thank Barry for his unstinting commitment to the job over the last two and a half years and wishes him every success in the future.

Barry said: "I want to wish the club all the very best in the future. I hope that it can go on and achieve its aim of reaching the play-offs this season."

A further update will follow ahead of Tuesday night's Ladbrokes League 2 match against Montrose at Broadwood.

No idea, his stock won't be that high after been out injured for nearly a full season. Hopefully he does stay but if somebody else takes a punt on him then don't think he will stay.

His stock will be higher than the players who have been playing week in week out, that's for sure!

Lumsdens a good coach, not a good manager, maybe work as a no2 but after his spell in charge of us I don't think he can cut it as a manager, he thought a strike force off Lewis Coult and Martin Grehan says it all....

but as an Arbroath fan i really hope you do go for him....On the subject of Lumsden what is Alan Moore doing with himself?? 

Lumsden and Moore both done terrible at Arbroath. Hopefully we aren't stupid enough to give them a second chance.

Bob Malcolm to be in charge on Tuesday! No doubt he will just pick the same team as Barry. Would have preferred JP or the under 20 coach to take interim charge.

42 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Lumsdens a good coach, not a good manager, maybe work as a no2 but after his spell in charge of us I don't think he can cut it as a manager, he thought a strike force off Lewis Coult and Martin Grehan says it all....

but as an Arbroath fan i really hope you do go for him....On the subject of Lumsden what is Alan Moore doing with himself?? 

Alan Moore was at the Falkirk game on Saturday, he won the 50/50 draw and earned a shot at the crossbar challenge!

He missed... nothing to do with the volleys of abuse hewas getting from the South Stand haha