CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

lol everyone nows your just a bumlicker thay should change the like buton to a bumlicker buton

Brilliant put down [emoji106]

Good to see you have a fan

Congratulations on your first like and from a friend of the board :)

On 25/01/2017 at 08:16, Jamesy lawd said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the Queens game and thought we were jolly unlucky to lose to those smashing Ayr Utd chaps.  As the last penalty was missed I thought, dash, but then noticed father was touching my leg.  I said, father, please stop, we have discussed this.  He said, frightfully sorry, won't happen again

As father drove us home, he pulled into a lay by and proceeded to "do it" with me.  As I lay there being rodgered for dear life, I thought, oh well, must just be part and parcel of being a Queenie.

I consoled myself in the knowledge that while I don't get out much, I am very popular on the Pie and Bovril thingy as the hilarious character Jamesy Lawd.  Those Clyde blighters really don't like it, but that's because they're not clever enough to appreciate my superior satire.

Anyway, must dash, mummy's left a cup of coco on the sideboard for when I'm......finished.....

TTFN

I see.....

If there was ever a catch 22 then this is surely it.Barry Ferguson doesn't appear to be ready to do the honourable thing and quit and I no longer want to go and watch the drivel he serves up on a regular basis now.The problem is if I and other like minds walk away we will be left with no team to support.So what to do?

As a married man surely now would be a good time to spend some quality time with the wife and give her the care and attention she has missed over so many football seasons. Now I have thought about it I'll stick with the team and hope BF decides now would be a good time to spend more time with his family.

If there was ever a catch 22 then this is surely it.Barry Ferguson doesn't appear to be ready to do the honourable thing and quit and I no longer want to go and watch the drivel he serves up on a regular basis now.The problem is if I and other like minds walk away we will be left with no team to support.So what to do?
As a married man surely now would be a good time to spend some quality time with the wife and give her the care and attention she has missed over so many football seasons. Now I have thought about it I'll stick with the team and hope BF decides now would be a good time to spend more time with his family.

I doubt he is going anywhere , he thinks we played well yesterday . Problem is after yesterday (including the shambles re crowd) a few more will drift away , going by the crowd and counting the away support we can't even muster 400 for a home game. My other son has now said he won't go till there is a change throughout the club , so that's both them not going now . Im not sure if I will continue going much longer (have you seen the video of us trying to be moved at half time ) I actually found it so farcical I laughed, that's what it's came too :) if the structure of the club remains it will simply become the Clyde version of East Stirling 100 to 150 fans left renting somewhere like Ochilview
I have no evidence but would imagine a lot of the finance at the club is linked to BF as he is under no pressure from the board whatsoever.

Ps I'm still up for nomination as chairman [emoji6]

Probably being extremely naive but I would like to think the club wouldn't be stupid enough to be financially dependent on another manager or his sponsors. You would just have to think back to the farce under John Brown when we offered players two year deals which were being paid by an external source.

That aside the current situation is very similar to Brown. We've extended the manager's contract after a short period of decent results. There is a clear disconnect between the fans and the club, players. Ferguson, like Brown, plays players out of position and has a squad which should be performing better than they are.

Is the guy that done the Brown interview still around? Maybe we could try that tactic again.

Considering the players we had available, I thought the line-up was poor yesterday and as the game went on it was apparent some things weren't working and should be changed.

We had Finnie in central midfield and Mclaughlin at left mid. I would have had Fergie at left mid and Mclaughlin in his usual position. Surely it's about time we gave Fergie a run of games to see if he can recapture his previously decent form?

Higgins has offered nothing in the last couple of months and should be benched in favour of Flynn or Fergie. Surely by the time Gormley had been caught offside for the fifth time, Ferguson should have realised it wasn't going to be his day and hooked him for Watson or Fergie. Instead the amount of time he was offside went into double figures.

Unless Peaso was struggling then taking him off was a shocking decision. Especially as we then threw Smith up front when Peaso is much better in the air, in an attacking sense.

McNiff played well against Stirling but he was back to being poor again yesterday. I would rather we played either Finnie or McMillan there as they are natural full backs, albeit right footed.

Probably being extremely naive but I would like to think the club wouldn't be stupid enough to be financially dependent on another manager or his sponsors. You would just have to think back to the farce under John Brown when we offered players two year deals which were being paid by an external source.

That aside the current situation is very similar to Brown. We've extended the manager's contract after a short period of decent results. There is a clear disconnect between the fans and the club, players. Ferguson, like Brown, plays players out of position and has a squad which should be performing better than they are.

Is the guy that done the Brown interview still around? Maybe we could try that tactic again.

Considering the players we had available, I thought the line-up was poor yesterday and as the game went on it was apparent some things weren't working and should be changed.

We had Finnie in central midfield and Mclaughlin at left mid. I would have had Fergie at left mid and Mclaughlin in his usual position. Surely it's about time we gave Fergie a run of games to see if he can recapture his previously decent form?

Higgins has offered nothing in the last couple of months and should be benched in favour of Flynn or Fergie. Surely by the time Gormley had been caught offside for the fifth time, Ferguson should have realised it wasn't going to be his day and hooked him for Watson or Fergie. Instead the amount of time he was offside went into double figures.

Unless Peaso was struggling then taking him off was a shocking decision. Especially as we then threw Smith up front when Peaso is much better in the air, in an attacking sense.

McNiff played well against Stirling but he was back to being poor again yesterday. I would rather we played either Finnie or McMillan there as they are natural full backs, albeit right footed.

If it isn't financial what do you think are the reasons they haven't made a change ? If they think he is doing a good job they even more inept than I thought

Agree with your comments re the team

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Dangerous and outlandish opinion