CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Losing Easton will be massive,Mark my words.

Mcdonald relys on service snd wont be coming from wee fergie or JP or any time soon...

Scott Mclaughlin very good in current role but like last season doesnt have legs to get around and create

Lot on flynn and Linton shoulders at this early stage from a tight numbers squad at start of season and already two down

I feel lower than a snakes belly this weekend/This mornimg after such high hopes with everyone fit

Firstly, we don’t even know the extent of the injury yet. It could be the rest of the season, or it might only be a few weeks. Just wait and see.

Secondly, in spite of how good Easton is, if you’re pinning your hopes of winning the league on one player, then you don’t deserve to win it.

I think moving Flynn into the centre, and giving him less defensive responsibilities, will benefit him greatly. I’d push McNeil on to the righthand side of midfield, leaving Johnston at rightback and Oliver/Perry at centreback.

We may drop a few points in games where Easton may have made a difference but we’ll likely pick up some elsewhere, by moving the ball through midfield quicker and being a little more direct at times (that doesn’t mean hitting long balls).

Secondly, in spite of how good Easton is, if you’re pinning your hopes of winning the league on one player, then you don’t deserve to win it.

We got to the play offs last season playing, in my opinion dreadful long ball football.

This season, even without Easton, will be far more exciting and productive in forward positions.

We'll be fine.

Yes loosing Easton will be a massive blow and we have been extremely unlucky with injuries but that's football. Now it's time for someone else to stand up and create going forward. I'm sure someone else said maybe Flynn or Watson will fit in there but obviously won't be as good. Easton is a joy to watch but his decision making is shocking at times. I know it's a long shot with Clyde fans but try stay positive. He hasn't even had the knee scan yet

I've been hearing good things about Ronan Sweeney from the under 20's. Similar type of player as Easton. I know Ferguson watches them so I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him get a game at some point.

Definitely good to see the U20's starting well anyway, hopefully have some of them break through

Does anyone know who the new Clyde Chairman is gonna be? because i was talking to John Alexander when i was doing The Carbon Clyde project which is folk hand in football kit football boots and sports equipment and John Alexander told me he's left!  

Edited by david spivey

we have lost Lowden already and got to hope we don't lose Easton, we are not one man team but Easton is the type of player who can make the difference between winning the league and being in the play offs think we have a right good squad but Easton is crucial in doing that we bit special most skilful player we have had in a long long while can you imagine taking linn out of arbroath team
If we lose Lowden and Easton really big blow
Fingers , toes and whatever else crossed

Does anyone know who the new Clyde Chairman is gonna be? because i was talking to John Alexander when i was doing The Carbon Clyde project which is folk hand in football kit football boots and sports equipment and John Alexander told me he's left!  

If he has left, a lot of people will be happy with that

If he has left, a lot of people will be happy with that

He has gone. You just need to look at the match day programme for confirmation. There is no name next to chairman any longer and am sure it was mentioned a few times that he was standing down at the end of last season.