CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

It's only a "short term deal" so not fussed about that but I will be quite pissed off if Ferguson planned to get rid of Marsh specifically to get him in. Really does strike me as BF didn't like Marsh from the very beginning, he'd been critical of him since he arrived. When we played Rangers in this league Perry was the weak link and reports from elsewhere aren't promising. Of course he has got to be given a chance but I'm not sure I'd start him in front of say, Michael Oliver.

I'm starting to wonder if BF knows what type of defenders fit into "his system"

The club is pleased to announce the signing of Ross Perry on a short-term deal.

After training with The Bully Wee recently, Barry Ferguson was keen to add him to the squad and the Clyde manager spoke to the official website this evening after concluding the deal.

"I know Ross from earlier in his career, from the TV" he said. "He had a bit of a stop start time before he went to Brechin and then suffered a serious injury, similar to the one that Scott Ferguson had.

"He's now over that and he did a full pre-season with another club, that didn't want him. We've had him in recently so it wasn't a quick decision to sign him, which you should not worry about, he's taken part in several training sessions and he's got stronger and better in each one.

"The big thing for him at the moment is enjoying his football again and he's really enjoyed being with us so far, i look forward to putting an end to that - he's liked our training style and he gets on really well with the boys, but i don't talk to him much.

" I'd have been kicking myself if I hadn't taken the opportunity to bring someone like him to the club, to waste some money and inevitability move him on in January." 

The club can confirm today that midfielder David Marsh, 26, has left The Bully Wee by mutual consent.

Clyde manager, Barry Ferguson said: "David did well for us last season, despite me playing him all over the place, but he wasn't going to fit into my current system (subject to change) - of playing right mid and the way that I tell/demand him to play this year.

"He wanted to go and try something else, like play as a central defender and I wasn't going to stand in his way - it was best for him that he moved on, instead of playing under me, again."

Barry went on to say:"Hopefully i can fall out, then, get rid of another 5 or 6 players and bring another 5 or 6 in before the end of the season, its ambitious but that's my main aim."

"I have also just wrote my new autobiography, its call "how to lose players and alienate people", hopefully the bully wee fans I hate adore give it a read"

Former Rangers and Scotland captain Barry Ferguson, went on to managerial obscurity after an unsuccessful spell at the Cumbernauld club, despite having a considerably larger budget than his predecessors.  Moving onto small TV and radio appearances and leaving the loyal clyde fans to pick up the pieces, again.. 

Wee bit conserned given the assessment of fans from Raith Rvers in particular who seem not to rate him at all and from performances with Sevco. Have to give him a chance, don't have much choice but have to admit I am a bit disappointed.

Certainly still a small squad and very little quality on the bench. Just have to hope we continue to score at the other end and main guys stay fit and free from suspension.

1 hour ago, Sadlybarry said:

The club is pleased to announce the signing of Ross Perry on a short-term deal.

After training with The Bully Wee recently, Barry Ferguson was keen to add him to the squad and the Clyde manager spoke to the official website this evening after concluding the deal.

"I know Ross from earlier in his career, from the TV" he said. "He had a bit of a stop start time before he went to Brechin and then suffered a serious injury, similar to the one that Scott Ferguson had.

"He's now over that and he did a full pre-season with another club, that didn't want him. We've had him in recently so it wasn't a quick decision to sign him, which you should not worry about, he's taken part in several training sessions and he's got stronger and better in each one.

"The big thing for him at the moment is enjoying his football again and he's really enjoyed being with us so far, i look forward to putting an end to that - he's liked our training style and he gets on really well with the boys, but i don't talk to him much.

" I'd have been kicking myself if I hadn't taken the opportunity to bring someone like him to the club, to waste some money and inevitability move him on in January." 

The club can confirm today that midfielder David Marsh, 26, has left The Bully Wee by mutual consent.

Clyde manager, Barry Ferguson said: "David did well for us last season, despite me playing him all over the place, but he wasn't going to fit into my current system (subject to change) - of playing right mid and the way that I tell/demand him to play this year.

"He wanted to go and try something else, like play as a central defender and I wasn't going to stand in his way - it was best for him that he moved on, instead of playing under me, again."

Barry went on to say:"Hopefully i can fall out, then, get rid of another 5 or 6 players and bring another 5 or 6 in before the end of the season, its ambitious but that's my main aim."

"I have also just wrote my new autobiography, its call "how to lose players and alienate people", hopefully the bully wee fans I hate adore give it a read"

Former Rangers and Scotland captain Barry Ferguson, went on to managerial obscurity after an unsuccessful spell at the Cumbernauld club, despite having a considerably larger budget than his predecessors.  Moving onto small TV and radio appearances and leaving the loyal clyde fans to pick up the pieces, again.. 

Making an account to post that. I am far from being a fan of BF, but that is just sad! 

Always reassuring to hear a new signing getting absolutely slated before they have even kicked a ball, Clyde sure know how to throw a welcome party.

A feast for the haters and by the sounds of things the guy doesn't stand a chance really.

The Clyde way, I'll stay quiet judging him till I've seen him play for us. We've had players be awful with us but good elsewhere so no point judging the guy, let him show us what he has to offer first

So Marsh, yet another player Barry Ferguson inherited, has gone.

Only wee Fergie left now.

Yet another ex-Ranger signed in his place.

IMO - the major job of a manager is to "manage" his players. Also, to motivate. I'm not convinced Barry can do either.

I can't stand Gus McPherson's tactics - but he certainly knows how to do both.

It's definitely promotion or bust this season as far as I'm concerned. No promotion - new manager required.  

I don't mean to slate Ross Perry in anyway, hopefully he is motivated and does a job. 

I'm only not a fan of Barry based on evidence and I have gave him time to convince me.  I hear him week in week out being negative to players on the pitch, pisses me off. He's a terrible man manager, I think anyway.

I just hope the players look beyond that and do it for the fans.  Cause they won't be doing it for Barry, that's for sure.

52 minutes ago, clyde4ever said:

So Marsh, yet another player Barry Ferguson inherited, has gone.

Only wee Fergie left now.

Yet another ex-Ranger signed in his place.

IMO - the major job of a manager is to "manage" his players. Also, to motivate. I'm not convinced Barry can do either.

I can't stand Gus McPherson's tactics - but he certainly knows how to do both.

It's definitely promotion or bust this season as far as I'm concerned. No promotion - new manager required.  

How many players that Duffy inherited did he still have three seasons later? Sweeney, Iain Gray, maybe Gavin Brown would count.

Which of those players that BF has moved on from that era would you take back? Maybe Marsh but no-one else.

Why is it a bad thing signing an ex-Ranger when they're one of the two biggest teams in the country, with one of the most well-funded youth systems? Why should a manager not sign players he knows well?

If motivation is such a problem, why are the players motivated? Why do good players choose to stay at Clyde? Why do we not get beaten easily?

40 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Everyone agrees that centre half position was a problem that should be urgently dealt with.

Ferguson signs a centre half.

Clyde supporters complain.

Jings!

We had a perfectly capable centre half and he forced him out. 

22 minutes ago, David W said:

How many players that Duffy inherited did he still have three seasons later? Sweeney, Iain Gray, maybe Gavin Brown would count.

Which of those players that BF has moved on from that era would you take back? Maybe Marsh but no-one else.

Why is it a bad thing signing an ex-Ranger when they're one of the two biggest teams in the country, with one of the most well-funded youth systems? Why should a manager not sign players he knows well?

If motivation is such a problem, why are the players motivated? Why do good players choose to stay at Clyde? Why do we not get beaten easily?

Next thing you'll be asking us how much sugar you take in your tea.:)

Heard all this about Ferguson forcing out the Duffy galacticos and where are the playing now ?
We are playing the best football in years if he sorts the defence then we have a right good chance of the league
Yes he has his faults and maybe at the end of the day he will fail to get us out the league but Just maybe he might be a success

No harm to Marsh did us turn and genuine guy and personally thank him for his time at clyde

At least give Perry a chance

48 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

We had a perfectly capable centre half and he forced him out. 

Wouldn't necessarily say he forced him out, marsh may have asked to go if he knew he wasn't going to get game time. 

Will give Perry time to see how he does on the park, been training with us for a while it seems so hopefully can play his first game having built some sort of understanding with whoever he'll play with.