CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Might not mean anything; Ross Perry was sitting with JP and Scott Fergie during the game on Sat 

Hope it doesn't. He is woeful and although we need another centre back we should be looking to improve the position not fill it with someone who's worse than who already plays there 

16 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Hope it doesn't. He is woeful and although we need another centre back we should be looking to improve the position not fill it with someone who's worse than who already plays there 

Agreed, Perry was awful when Sevco were in our league! 

That's a real shame. Good player at this level, and I would've had him in the team but only as a defender, and BF has always had doubts about him there. He's not got a good enough touch to play in our midfield this year despite playing well there last season.

Ross Perry is rubbish. Think we'll need a defensive player now though, which is a shame, as I think we're still one attacker away..

BF didn't seem to fancy him so not overly surprised. When he played centre half alongside McQueen we had the best defensive record in the league before moving to an unnatural position for him in the midfield. Where he ever lacked in natural ability he made up for with his fitness & effort. Always gave absolutely everything & last season you noticed when he wasn't playing as there was a lack of drive in the midfield. 

All the best Marshy, hope all goes well in future!! 

BF didn't seem to fancy him so not overly surprised. When he played centre half alongside McQueen we had the best defensive record in the league before moving to an unnatural position for him in the midfield. Where he ever lacked in natural ability he made up for with his fitness & effort. Always gave absolutely everything & last season you noticed when he wasn't playing as there was a lack of drive in the midfield. 

All the best Marshy, hope all goes well in future!! 

Agreed. He did lack in technical ability but he always had an influence on the game.
The season with McQueen at centre half, both of them were fantastic. I don't know why it didn't work out there after Barry arrived.
I'm sorry that both are gone.

Seems a daft decision unless we have somebody else lined up. The defence has been a shambles so far and I would have given him a chance there before getting rid of him. He could also cover in midfield which makes the decision all the stranger.

We have very little on the bench now with only Watson and Gormley first team players.

Marsh always gave 100% (which I always think should be a given ) obviously the manager doesn't think he suites the system or he is no better than defenders he has at present
So better for all if he can find a regular game elsewhere
Good luck to him and will get a good reception if he returns to Broadwood with another team

Not sure he is that big a loss certainly not in midfield in defence maybe but again think we need an experienced centre half who can organise