CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

My sentiments exactly he has been a failure end of story he has had more squads than the rest put together Duffy was a far better manager saying that he is bound to get it right eventually if given another couple of years

If Barry Ferguson is a failure then so is every manager since we last won a trophy - including Duffy- so that means everyone since Alan Maitland.

How about putting the fact he used to play for rangers aside and support him rather than saying he's a failure when he's done the best job as Clyde manager since we won the relegation playoffs - can't remember who managed us that season.

If Barry Ferguson is a failure then so is every manager since we last won a trophy - including Duffy- so that means everyone since Alan Maitland.

How about putting the fact he used to play for rangers aside and support him rather than saying he's a failure when he's done the best job as Clyde manager since we won the relegation playoffs - can't remember who managed us that season.

Nothing to do with playing for rangers he was actually a cracking player just a clueless manager who thinks chopping and changing all the time is the way ahead get a settled squad and work with it and it might pay off for him all the coming and goings can't be good for anyone sirely

Nothing to do with playing for rangers he was actually a cracking player just a clueless manager who thinks chopping and changing all the time is the way ahead get a settled squad and work with it and it might pay off for him all the coming and goings can't be good for anyone sirely

Is it not the case that, because of year long contracts regularly given out in this league, most teams chop and change squads?

I'm optimistic this season. I think we'll win the league and I'm currently enjoying the style of our play as well.

I can't remember the last time both these coincided.

On 19 August 2016 at 11:24, Günther said:

You know, I've been wanting Clyde out of Broadwood for years but in 6 years of looking we're still at square one whilst alienating the community we're based in, not to mention f**k fans off with the whole EK Clyde thing. I've said recently, let's give Cumbernauld one last shot, do things properly, get in about the schools, free match vouchers in every house within a 2 mile radius, properly put the clubs name out there and show that for now we're here to stay. If that fails then f**k it, get out!

Problem is the fans that the guardians of the club via the EK fiasco pissed off, are hardly likely to return, no matter how hard you try. Many feel they were being bullied into a solution which nobody wanted. That has now fallen through and as you say the club are back at square one with the same folks still in charge!

Many of the fans that walked away were original diehards not from the frozen wastes of North Lanarkshire. Any push for fans should not forget the 'motherland' as these people have/had Clyde in their hearts for generations. 

Personally I hate Broadwood, even more so since the Colts plastic was put down...it's like watching a game down the public park...no atmosphere, souless. Another 5 years....I'd rather watch them play on the crappy grass pitch down the Green..:-o

1 hour ago, the bigger picture said:

Problem is the fans that the guardians of the club via the EK fiasco pissed off, are hardly likely to return, no matter how hard you try. Many feel they were being bullied into a solution which nobody wanted. That has now fallen through and as you say the club are back at square one with the same folks still in charge!

Many of the fans that walked away were original diehards not from the frozen wastes of North Lanarkshire. Any push for fans should not forget the 'motherland' as these people have/had Clyde in their hearts for generations. 

Personally I hate Broadwood, even more so since the Colts plastic was put down...it's like watching a game down the public park...no atmosphere, souless. Another 5 years....I'd rather watch them play on the crappy grass pitch down the Green..:-o

I'm a Cumbernauld based fan who left to go back to watch Celtic due to the constant wish of the club to leave the town. I stopped watching Celtic and got season tickets for Clyde for my son and I. I really enjoyed watching my local team despite the quite poor standard. The whole EK thing pissed me off. Cumbernauld is my town. We never had a club growing up so we followed the Old Firm.  Once we did get a club they and their fans constantly derided the town. I supported Clyde but the club has never got behind the town. Why should someone from Cumbernauld support Clyde when as looks as if they can't wait to leave the town? 

12 minutes ago, Urban Gorilla said:

I'm a Cumbernauld based fan who left to go back to watch Celtic due to the constant wish of the club to leave the town

BtQT2QhIQAAObH9.jpg

I'm a Cumbernauld based fan who left to go back to watch Celtic due to the constant wish of the club to leave the town. I stopped watching Celtic and got season tickets for Clyde for my son and I. I really enjoyed watching my local team despite the quite poor standard. The whole EK thing pissed me off. Cumbernauld is my town. We never had a club growing up so we followed the Old Firm.  Once we did get a club they and their fans constantly derided the town. I supported Clyde but the club has never got behind the town. Why should someone from Cumbernauld support Clyde when as looks as if they can't wait to leave the town? 

The club were/are only looking at potential sites in order for the club to prosper long term. The EK thing is off the table and Broadwood is likely to be our permanent home given that NLL have already put a few things in place to increase match day income.

The club have acknowledged they haven't done enough in the community. This was addressed at open meetings between fans, manager and board.

So by signing this new lease and stating that it's with potential to making it permanent do you still state that we can't wait to leave Cumbernauld? Surely our actions now show the opposite?

I've only recently came back to watching Clyde... From the days on the terraces at Shawfield I eventually drifted away during the nomadic years however back trying to attend regularly with own kids now.. I would love to see them back in the east end of Glasgow but doubt this will happen without the backing of a major sponsor .. So broadwood should be utilised and surrounding communities encouraged to support the team.

I've supported Clyde at Shawfield, Firhill, Douglas Park and Cumbernauld. The reason? I support Clyde, not the town.

Can you tell me what loyalty or support Celtic have shown to Cumbernauld to give them your support?

I've supported Clyde at Shawfield, Firhill, Douglas Park and Cumbernauld. The reason? I support Clyde, not the town.

Can you tell me what loyalty or support Celtic have shown to Cumbernauld to give them your support?

It's about trying to attract people to watch the club doesn't really matter where they come from obviously if you can tap into the local community that will bring more people through the door

For me the the problem is we still haven't really decided our long term base signing the 5 year deal with Broadwood was I think necessary under league rules not sure but think you have to have at least a five year lease on your home ground presume that's why we always sign in 5 year chunks

We really do need a long term plan fingers crossed

4 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Funny how Urban Gorilla is fucking absent untill the ground issue is brought up. Fannie

Same with bigger picture and cannibal. The apalling Clyde66 may pop up too.

Would have more understanding of so called fans decided that they couldn't stomach any more of The on field dross we've been accustomed to since Joe Miller left.

Anything else is just a cop out.

Same with bigger picture and cannibal. The apalling Clyde66 may pop up too.

Would have more understanding of so called fans decided that they couldn't stomach any more of The on field dross we've been accustomed to since Joe Miller left.

Anything else is just a cop out.

Think he is the same clown that has just said on Twitter to me that Clyde need to apologise to Cumbernauld and until then the town should abandon them like the club have tried to do to the town.

No.....seriously....[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I think BF will get it right, possibly this season. I don't think it is an ego thing with him at all, i believe he is a very professional and hard working young manager who initially knew nothing about the level at which we are playing but he is definitely learning and has assembled easily the best squad of players we have had in years, many of whom could easily be playing at a higher level. As for Duffy, never in a million years would he have attracted the type of players BF has and why anyone thinks Duffy is a good manager is beyond me, he set his teams out not to lose rather than trying to win a game and it was dreadful to watch  and lets not forget he also steered  us to being the worst team in the country. Personally i don't care how many players BF goes through till he finds the right players to get us out of this division.

Nothing to do with attracting players[emoji53] BF has had a bigger budget than any recent manager including Duffy [emoji107]

1 hour ago, FREDDYFRY said:

And therefore a better team!

BF has had a MUCH bigger budget than any recent manager ESPECIALLY Duffy.

I agree we have much better players, but I've still to be convinced we are a better team.

SOME of the football played recently has been much better quality - but it's better results that are needed to get us promoted.

I agree we have much better players, but I've still to be convinced we are a better team.

SOME of the football played recently has been much better quality - but it's better results that are needed to get us promoted.

Think we are a better team and BF took us to a final play off the football is better admittedly Duffy didn't have the budget Ferguson has but watching us continually shell balls into channels was dreadful the only bright spark was wee Fergie

We are certainly nowhere near finished article but if we can sort out the defence then we have a right good chance of challenging for the league

9 hours ago, clyde4ever said:

Says who? Ferguson has a marginally bigger budget, more to do with historical debt being cleared, as we all know our income streams are not getting better.

Again, massive over reaction to our third league game of the season.