CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Depending on how we embrace the local community, and what extra revenue we are allowed to generate     will be a key factor in our future development, regardless of where we end up.

With the continued good will of NLL and a lot of hard work from Clyde FC and their support I see no reason why Broadwood Stadium, with its great sporting facilities, should not be the very top of the list for our permanent home.

7 minutes ago, C4L said:

Depending on how we embrace the local community, and what extra revenue we are allowed to generate     will be a key factor in our future development, regardless of where we end up.

With the continued good will of NLL and a lot of hard work from Clyde FC and their support I see no reason why Broadwood Stadium, with its great sporting facilities, should not be the very top of the list for our permanent home.

I've always felt that Clyde should have given the Broadwood thing (much as I hate it as a football venue) a better shot.

What happened with Shettleston?  The club and fans seemed quite keen.

You know, I've been wanting Clyde out of Broadwood for years but in 6 years of looking we're still at square one whilst alienating the community we're based in, not to mention f**k fans off with the whole EK Clyde thing. I've said recently, let's give Cumbernauld one last shot, do things properly, get in about the schools, free match vouchers in every house within a 2 mile radius, properly put the clubs name out there and show that for now we're here to stay. If that fails then f**k it, get out!

Like you, I would rather be based elsewhere but I agree that we should give Cumbernauld a last try.
5 years seems more than long enough to see if the town will get behind the team.

8 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Like you, I would rather be based elsewhere but I agree that we should give Cumbernauld a last try.
5 years seems more than long enough to see if the town will get behind the team.

I agree with some of your sentiments but think Clyde FC should be getting behind the town.

Having lived in the area for some years I don't think I've ever seen anything in Cumbernauld to indicate that Clyde FC even exists. Perhaps this is another bridge in need of repair. 

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

I wonder what the new excuse for not going to games will be.

Chairman? Ferguson? The blue away strip?

2 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Some people will always have an excuse

Does living in Manchester count??? :) 

I agree with some of your sentiments but think Clyde FC should be getting behind the town.

Having lived in the area for some years I don't think I've ever seen anything in Cumbernauld to indicate that Clyde FC even exists. Perhaps this is another bridge in need of repair. 

Not the case.
When Clyde first moved to Broadwood I & several others leafleted doors in the local area telling people about the move.
Don't know if much has been done since though.

You know, I've been wanting Clyde out of Broadwood for years but in 6 years of looking we're still at square one whilst alienating the community we're based in, not to mention f**k fans off with the whole EK Clyde thing. I've said recently, let's give Cumbernauld one last shot, do things properly, get in about the schools, free match vouchers in every house within a 2 mile radius, properly put the clubs name out there and show that for now we're here to stay. If that fails then f**k it, get out!

I'm sure the support us or we are going to f**k of elsewhere attitude will go down a storm.

If after 20 odd years in Cumbernauld, the residents don't realise and appreciate having a senior team in their town I doubt will change over the next 20. This period included our premier league promotion push and our greatest cup upset for decades.
Although moving would probably be more convenient for me personally, I would be happy to be wrong.

Most clubs in the lower leagues all have the same problem of trying to attract punters, you're up against loads of factors like the pull of the bigot brothers then you'll have people who'd rather sit and watch sky sports or bt with the epl on. Pricing also can play a part football isn't a cheap sport anymore you're looking at over £50+ for a family of 4 including entry price fuel food etc. 

I hope that the club with be proactive in getting round all the school and local boys/girls youth clubs giving out as many free tickets as possible because if we do stay for the long-term in cumbernauld we need to start getting a new generation of the bully wee fans coming this is where the team need to come together and challenge for promotion and hopefully it gets them hooked. We also need to try and get local businesses and North Lanarkshire council/NLL involved aswell and get as much positive exposure as we can. This can't be done by the club itself we'll need a group of volunteers with the local knowledge and contacts, we the supporters need to come together for one common goal.

We have 5 years to try and get cumbernauld to work for us and at the end if we have tried all we can do and it still doesn't improve then we'll need to seriously consider our long term future. 

Cumbernauld is a massive area with no competition and Broadwood despite being left to rot the last 7-8 years is still far superior to anything that will be found back in Glasgow. Clyde are bigger than clubs like Dumbarton and Alloa etc, and potentially just as big as a club like Hamilton. I don't see why fans want to settle for playing in a glorified junior ground in Shettleston or Rutherglen. I think you'll stay there, the NLL management seem very keen as well now and the Colts after a very brief period are never going to be a threat now.

Moving to Shettleston would have been a backward step the ground is poor and no real room for expansion or building of stand...maybe a move to Clyde gateway is the future but dealing with councils takes time and securing Broadwood for the immediate future at least gives some security. Too many years of a nomadic existence

Never really been for or against a move away, would only go if it's definitely better for the club.

However, have said for a while we need to get out this league before moving if we are going to. We would be a much more attractive model with teams in league 1 at least than what we have now. 

The only reason Barry Ferguson is getting a new contract as his own cash is whittling its way into the club to keep his managerial ego going.

My sentiments exactly he has been a failure end of story he has had more squads than the rest put together Duffy was a far better manager saying that he is bound to get it right eventually if given another couple of years

7 hours ago, AndyCameron88 said:
46 minutes ago, plug mac said:

My sentiments exactly he has been a failure end of story he has had more squads than the rest put together Duffy was a far better manager saying that he is bound to get it right eventually if given another couple of years

I think BF will get it right, possibly this season. I don't think it is an ego thing with him at all, i believe he is a very professional and hard working young manager who initially knew nothing about the level at which we are playing but he is definitely learning and has assembled easily the best squad of players we have had in years, many of whom could easily be playing at a higher level. As for Duffy, never in a million years would he have attracted the type of players BF has and why anyone thinks Duffy is a good manager is beyond me, he set his teams out not to lose rather than trying to win a game and it was dreadful to watch  and lets not forget he also steered  us to being the worst team in the country. Personally i don't care how many players BF goes through till he finds the right players to get us out of this division.