CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Barry not keen on using loan signings. He said it is a demand from the parent club that their player must start every game. It is quite difficult to get an on loan player without giving that guarantee and that's why he's not keen on doing it.

Yep, we had our fingers burned with a few players on loan from other clubs that charged us more for not playing them than playing them. Need to be pretty sure they're capable of being first team players otherwise it's a waste of time and costly exercise for the club.

Couple of tidy signings by Clyde especially Easton and Flynn. Once Ferguson is fit again, I doubt there would be a better attacking trio in the league. Gormley might actually do reasonably well with the aforementioned guys running beyond him if he can hold it up.

Couple of tidy signings by Clyde especially Easton and Flynn. Once Ferguson is fit again, I doubt there would be a better attacking trio in the league. Gormley might actually do reasonably well with the aforementioned guys running beyond him if he can hold it up.

Unfortunately he would have to acquire a first touch over the summer to hold play up, not his best attribute I am afraid. Workrate etc no lack of that right enough.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Barry did say at one of the meetings (at broadwood) that he was looking for the likes of glackin,McMillan, Watson, and I can't remember if he said anyone else, to be mainly used as u20 players next season.

Gibson

Mcniff New Cb junior

Mcneil Lowdon

Linton

Ferguson Easton Flynn

Gormley

Subs Mcgovern s Mclaughlin marko Higgins Johnstone Watson new Gk

It's a strong team we have with options off the bench

Featherweight midfield though. And nobody to hold the ball up (well).