CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Changed days: a preseason of poaching the best from the rest.

We'll be able to do to some teams what Queen's Park often done to us last season: jink in, out and through them.

That said, if we are to go without Gemmell and have no plans for another forward, I'd be very worried about making it stick up top. We might find that a lot of crosses and cutbacks go wanting, too.

Someone alluded to those appearing critical of Ferguson as Champ Manager 93 types. Well, for myself I should say that I think BF is the best manager we've had for a while. Why one would equate mild criticism of him with permanent dissatisfaction I don't know. The place of Champ Manager 93 in all this is mysterious, too.

It'll be interesting to see what side BF considers his strongest next season. Competition for places in midfield will presumably be fierce. I worry that we might be a soft touch in there, for all our energy.

I'm hearing were still in market for a striker

Well done to Barry and club for bringing in the lad Easton , Very good singing and I for one will be buying a ST on the back of this news, Hope others do the same...

I would be buying one anyway but in the short term the club can't do more.

For all that people are delighted with Easton, I think the two from Annan will be even more important. Think people will like watching Flynn every week.

Don't think the beast will re-sign but would be final pice in jigsaw , Service from Linton,Johnston,Easton,Wee fergie and our two wing backs would be ideal for him you would imagine , can only think he's keeping his options open but if BF gets a new number 9 first he may just end up kicking his heels playing at one of the many shite holes in the bottom two leagues/His and our level

As said earlier having these players is going to create space for others, I think Scott Ferguson will benefit massively from this as sometimes against other teams they have realised he was our most important player and doubled up on him but now doing this will leave so much space for the likes of Easton & Flynn.

I'm sure JP will be even better next season having players like this to work with.

Easton signing is fantastic news as realistically he should be playing at a higher level than this league. If everyone stays fit and we add a couple new faces (keeper, centre half and striker) then we should have a good chance for promotion. Exciting close season for once

Looks like the back 5 picks itself already and the real competition will be for midfield and playing up top.

Fantastic signing. Credit to all involved in making it happen. When I saw David Douglas' tweet last night he immediately sprung to mind - I'd heard a rumour after the PotY dinner that we were after him, and his activity on Twitter hinted at him signing. For me, that completely wipes out the disappointment of losing Kirkpatrick (and then some).

The main priority now has to be a starting right sided centre back, but if we can't manage to get one then Marsh would be fine in there. A poacher would be the icing on the cake, but even then I expect we'll get more out of Higgy by playing predominantly on the deck. Beyond that, and being gluttonous, a better keeper than Gibson would be wonderful. If he can cut out some of the bizarre errors/lapses in concentration then he'd be more than adequate, right enough. Much better at coming off his line to claim crosses towards the end of the season.

If we can strengthen in the three above positions then we'll take some beating.

Barry not targeting another striker, me thinks a 4231 or 4411 with Easton off the striker.

Gibson

McNeil Smith McNiff Lowdon

Ferguson McLaughlin Flynn Linton

Easton

Gormley/Higgins/Gemmell

Or

Gibson

McNeil Smith McNiff Lowdon

McLaughlin Flynn

Ferguson Easton Linton

One of above strikers

Oh yes. Would imagine Johnson in place of Fergie until he's fully fit again. Hopefully a time scale for that is revealed soon so we all can work towards that as he's a key part of the squad.

Heard that Fergie is expected to be back training sometime in August, apparently he will be joined by BF going through their paces with a personal trainer.