CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Was impressed with him every time he played against us, Elgin looked lost without him in the second leg when he went off.

A very good signing. Particularity pleased with how much more creativity we look to have in the midfield, Linton, Flynn, Easton, wee fergie.

Edited by SLClyde

Particularity pleased with how much more creativity we look to have in the midfield, Linton, Flynn, Easton, wee fergie.

It looks a much stronger midfield than last year. With the four mentioned and the likes of McGovern, McLaughlin, Marsh, Johntson also signed, we look to have a bit more strength in depth.

Barry has said that his next priorities for the squad are a centre back and a goalkeeper. I'm still slightly worried about the lack of a striker (JG or otherwise) being mentioned as a priority but, I'm happy that Barry still wants to address those other two areas.

Edited by Scott-Replay

1888Lichtie wanking himself silly in a Clyde thread again.

Really good signing and one that could (hopefully) bring more goals out of Gormley/Higgins. Still wouldn't mind another striker though (Hiya John)

Good signing for you.It was always going to be difficult to keep him due to the travelling involved.Disappointed he did not try and better himself by moving to a club in a higher division.One consolation is that we will no longer be seeing diving comments from you guys!

Good signing for you.It was always going to be difficult to keep him due to the travelling involved.Disappointed he did not try and better himself by moving to a club in a higher division.One consolation is that we will no longer be seeing diving comments from you guys!

If course not (fickle fans )😊

I am amazed a club from leagues above didn't sign him , would also think we would have to pay him a right good wage

Without wanting to sound too negative, I'll wait and see if that's actually the case or whether it's just director speak, but it certainly sounds promising.

ETA: I'll predict Dylan Easton for what it's worth. He's only 22 and David W said we'd be signing another ex-Dumbarton player, which again, Easton is.

:)

I think it's a terrific addition. Unpredictable, quick, creative. What I'd ask people to watch out for is not his direct impact on the ball but the space others will have as a result. I think we'll be better at utilising it than Elgin were with Linton and Flynn.

Centre half and goalie next then. Surprised about another goalie but it builds up the squad further. No doubt struggling to get a striker at this stage but Higgins and Gormley should be getting a huge increase in chances without being relied on to create themselves.

Funny given some of the comments about BF. I doubt four of the best players from the SPFL team of the year (Linton, McGovern, Flynn, Easton) would be signing up if he didn't have a positive reputation.

Can't wait for our battle with DC and Arbroath.

Superb signing for you guys, and by the looks of it Barry Ferguson is assembling some squad (but I remember saying that last season).

Really surprised Easton is staying at this level though, could almost certainly play at the lower end of the Championship with what I have seen.

I think the thing I'm happiest about is, barring Gemmell and Millen, who we've still to hear news on, we've kept the players that I wanted to keep on from last season and added some more quality additions to the squad, that address my biggest gripes with the squad we had last year. With a goalkeeper and centre back still to come in it's looking really promising at this early stage.

After a goalkeeper and centre back, I would like one more quality striker in and I'll be delighted with that squad.

Edited by Scott-Replay