CLYDE FC season 16/17 Thread

Can't understand why people want Barry out (other than the fact that he used to play for Rangers which is pathetic) after this season. This is our most successful season in this division and there wasn't an outcry for Duffy to be sacked after we lost to East Fife on penalties a few seasons back. Some of us need to get over who he used to play for and accept that he actually wants to succeed and do well for Clyde. All this pish about how many squads he's had is tedious, lower league clubs in general go through a higher volume of players compared to teams further up the leagues.

He got us to 3rd in the league and the playoff final. And if he keeps all the better players from this season adding them tothe signings for next season I have no doubt we will have an even stronger chance of not only being promoted but winning the title.

As previously said I don't think the league will be as tough and close as this season with Edinburgh City, Forfar and Cowdenbeath coming in and QP and EF leaving us.

Onto next season and to more progress!

And well done to QP, deserved it over the 2 legs, good luck next season in League One.

I don't know what players are signed up for next season or whatever, but these are the areas I think need looked at.

Two recognized fullbacks who can help form a tight back 4 with the centre halves, there to do their specific job.  All season they've left huge gaps in these areas which have been exploited and pulls the centre halves around all over the place.  He seems to favour guys who can bomb forward.  That's fine providing they do their main job.

Maybe he's going for "wingbacks" to counter the fact there's a real lack of pace in midfield.  When young Ferguson comes back that should help, but he needs a couple more in that area.  Yesterday summed it up, no real movement in that area, pretty static, meant the defenders rarely had good options, couldn't play their way through the midfield. The inevitable result, resort to long balls. 

Talking of forwards, they need somebody who has the potential to get 15 - 20 a season

Millen looked a class above this level, don't know if we can keep him.  Despite the sending off, thought Bolo organized things pretty well, though again they get a bit panicky at times in the box when there's no real reason.  Maybe it's organization, nerves or whatever, I don't know, but it would help if they have a recognized back 4 who get used to playing together and let the 6 in front with some added pace get on with their job.

Qp yesterday were young & energetic, at times played some neat stuff, and clearly planned to get at us down the wings.  But they're also raw, looked weak defensively and had no cutting edge.  We couldn't take advantage of that mainly for the reasons above.

Just need to wait & see what he does.

Just listened to fergusons interview after the game, confirmed 6 from other clubs signed up.

Think there was 5 from the current squad signing on at least a few weeks back. Would like to have them announced early so we know the kind of squad we'll have. Wee fergie coming back a bonus.

I don't know what players are signed up for next season or whatever, but these are the areas I think need looked at.

Two recognized fullbacks who can help form a tight back 4 with the centre halves, there to do their specific job. All season they've left huge gaps in these areas which have been exploited and pulls the centre halves around all over the place. He seems to favour guys who can bomb forward. That's fine providing they do their main job.

Talking of forwards, they need somebody who has the potential to get 15 - 20 a season.

Believe we have lowdon from Arbroath(left back) and McNeil from Berwick(right back) signed.

I'd say two strikers are needed. Not sure I'd keep gormley tbh, never seen a more frustrating striker.

Is Bolochoweckyj any good can't say I've paid much attention to him.

Bolo's pretty decent the majority of the time but there's always that wee mental streak in him. I think he'd be a decent signing for the Mo.

Is Bolochoweckyj any good can't say I've paid much attention to him.

He's alright but has the ability to give something away from nothing, like punching the ball to give away a penalty at Elgin.

Thought he was decent, but not disappointed he's going to you.

For next season, the ones 'd keep to build around are Linton, Smith, JP, Ferguson, Marsh, Millen, Kirkpatrick and of course Marko. Seems to be the same batch everyone likes, but it's not hard to see why. Role changes i'd endorse would be Linton as a centre midfielder, palpably the best footballer at the club in years, and imo wasted out wide. Partnering McGovern, with hopefully SF7 and Flynn flanking them, and Marsh an able understudy to any of the four. Marko struggling along is still a better option at centre half, than Bolo and Andrews combined, but a pacey, skilled reader alongside Smith would form a formidable pair,perhaps Millen after yesterday's excellent showing there. Frontmen, well we need a whole new bunch. Unfortunately, they cost money, and lots of it.....i like the look of Fraser from Monty, far more than i do Gunn, who clearly lacks ambition in the same vein of McAllister. He's highly unlikely though. Current lot, sadly won't do at all. Just nowhere near enough, when it mattered. Would yesterday have changed my mind, perhaps....good a strike as Gormley had, and excellent save from Muir, he hit it far too nice, like he does all the time. Three strikers in the box from Andrews' header, and not one gamble, says it all. Only Barry has the answers, its up to him now.

Wouldn't argue with much there although not sure I would keep Marsh think we could get better than him his decision making at times is awful he has had some good games but too inconsistent

Forwards of course we need to find a goalscorer but if they don't get the service our forwards this season have lived off scrapes

For next season, the ones 'd keep to build around are Linton, Smith, JP, Ferguson, Marsh, Millen, Kirkpatrick and of course Marko. Seems to be the same batch everyone likes, but it's not hard to see why. Role changes i'd endorse would be Linton as a centre midfielder, palpably the best footballer at the club in years, and imo wasted out wide. Partnering McGovern, with hopefully SF7 and Flynn flanking them, and Marsh an able understudy to any of the four. Marko struggling along is still a better option at centre half, than Bolo and Andrews combined, but a pacey, skilled reader alongside Smith would form a formidable pair,perhaps Millen after yesterday's excellent showing there. Frontmen, well we need a whole new bunch. Unfortunately, they cost money, and lots of it.....i like the look of Fraser from Monty, far more than i do Gunn, who clearly lacks ambition in the same vein of McAllister. He's highly unlikely though. Current lot, sadly won't do at all. Just nowhere near enough, when it mattered. Would yesterday have changed my mind, perhaps....good a strike as Gormley had, and excellent save from Muir, he hit it far too nice, like he does all the time. Three strikers in the box from Andrews' header, and not one gamble, says it all. Only Barry has the answers, its up to him now.

Im sure he said at ruglen town that he liked fraser like me & You but lad stays up in that area and more or less ruled out the move...

Prunty joining arbroath would confirm the player he lost to another team in this division due to £££ ...

Every club needs a 20 goal season player but they cost a decent dough and when teams like arbroath are offerin £100 more we have no chance...

Perhaps back to juniors again for say Imrie type from lanark as oppose ma wulliam from maryhill but once again plenty o managers fishing in same sea...

While im posting BF did make enquiries to bringnin brophy from hamilton and said would prob ask again but noticed lately the boy getting a start now,Suppose it tells us hes not leaving any stone unturned regardless of the level...

Forever n eva

Edited by shawfield shed boy

Fraser has signed at Montrose for another 2 years anyway I believe

Must be on a decent wage or getting decent gammies from physio to stay there considering forfar n arbroath throwing coin at new signings...

Think next season going to be even harder to get out but few good away trips via embraðŸº