Bin raking

Went to the skip with a car full of garden shite today, came home with this.

post-32505-14632445791799_thumb.jpgpost-32505-14632445893241_thumb.jpgpost-32505-14632445983783_thumb.jpgpost-32505-14632446113285_thumb.jpg

Decent IMO.

Anyone got a clue on the signatures? Denis law is clear but unsure on the others.

My mate says one looks like George best but I'm not too sure myself.

What's the best thing other P&Bers have salvaged from the bin?

Please note - The wallpaper was not put up by us and will be coming down soon so any comments on it will be wasted.

I Googled Best's autograph.

Looks very similar.

$_35.JPG

Edited to add that in the second pic it looks like Denis Law's sig.

24175.jpg

Naw it disnae! Confession time. In my brief foray in to the football industry, if I couldn't be bothered getting things signed or someone was missing I just signed the stuff in scrawly writing. I even signed Owen Coyle's name on a shirt twice in different writing by mistake.

So, the family heirloom proudly displayed in your living room is probably my work.

Seen something the other day, A chef in America makes gourmet meals frombin raking. He even pours the dregs of bottles of wine into a big tub, If you put cheap white wine in the blender it seemingly makes it taste expensive.

At least once or twice a week I tell pupils who've put bottles in my black bin to pick them out and put them in the recycling bin. I've lost count of the amount of times I've then followed up with this:

"You're pretty good at that. Have you ever been caught bin-raking?"

"No!"

"You must be really good at it then!"

Much hilarity ensues.

[quote name="Deefiant" post="10454000" timestamp="1463244827

What's the best thing other P&Bers have salvaged from the bin?

Used to hid my carry out in the bin then drink it when my wife went to bed.

Found the odd sausage roll, which was a bonus.

post-33816-0-22318500-1463262880_thumb.j

One of the older guys in my street back in the 70's used to visit the old dump that was just along the road from Murrayfield . He used to collect all the old weapons that were thrown out. His room walls were covered with everything from Muskets to machine guns. I bought an amazing Gurkha Kukri knife from him that he had found. Swapped it for a Webley Hurricane air gun. Wish I had kept it as it really was an incredible knife.

It was virtually identical to this

Avalanche Records had a clear out of their store in West Nicholson Street years ago and dumped a whole load of records into a skip. I got a lot of old 78s (mainly scottish country dance music but not bad for free) and a Manics album. 

At least once or twice a week I tell pupils who've put bottles in my black bin to pick them out and put them in the recycling bin. I've lost count of the amount of times I've then followed up with this:

"You're pretty good at that. Have you ever been caught bin-raking?"

"No!"

"You must be really good at it then!"

Much hilarity ensues.

:lol:

So you're THAT teacher Gaz!

;)

In Australia, if there's a power cut for more than about 2 hours all the fridge items have to be chucked. My housemate went up to the supermarket the evening after this happened, opened the new shiny bin, and grabbed about 100 fancy cheeses (among other things) which went into the freezer. He never told people where he got the fancy cheese he was serving them.

Used to go round the back of bookers cash and carry when we were at school and take boxes of sweets about to go out, or were just out of date. We'd then make them into pick and mixes and sell them at lunchtime.

Archived