Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the cold light of day it must be said that we had a poor season with one good game that counted. Now that's out of the way Lee Clark has to start the culling process to deliver the improvements that he has talked about.

I have to laugh at some of the fans on here who dismiss the possibility of Killie attaining a top 6 finish. Some of them were crowing/boasting/hoping earlier on in the season that their own teams would finish as such . Optimism often usurps pragmatism when you support a football team .

Ask any Leicester City fan who plonked a £5 note on their team at the start of the season which camp they were in !

Killie for the last few seasons have under performed since Kenny Shiels left and with a new mentalist now in charge please allow us to indulge ourselves

Thanx XXX

Started off sensibly and lost it.

Killie finishing in the top 6 is as likely as Dundee finishing in the top 4 next season - I.e it's not going to happen.

I admire your optimism but I will happily place a bet with you, for charity, of any amount you are comfortable with from £5 up, that Killie won't finish in the top 6 next season.

You obviously see top 6 as a realistic outcome so I don't think it's an unusual bet. If it makes it easier I'll offer a bet if Dundee to finish above Killie as an alternative?

It's a bold move for both of us IMO - I've no idea what Clark will do with a window but I'm quietly confident Killie will be below Dundee and outwith the top 6

Killie could finish anywhere from second bottom to 5th next year and nowhere would be a real surprise for me. Far too early to call at the moment but if we can keep our better players and add a few then I would expect to be mid table-ish.

With a pre-season under his belt I think Clark can certainly better this season's 'achievements'. Onwards and, (hopefully), upwards.

ETA: Actually 5th would be a surprise come to think of it.

Started off sensibly and lost it.

Killie finishing in the top 6 is as likely as Dundee finishing in the top 4 next season - I.e it's not going to happen.

I admire your optimism but I will happily place a bet with you, for charity, of any amount you are comfortable with from £5 up, that Killie won't finish in the top 6 next season.

You obviously see top 6 as a realistic outcome so I don't think it's an unusual bet. If it makes it easier I'll offer a bet if Dundee to finish above Killie as an alternative?

It's a bold move for both of us IMO - I've no idea what Clark will do with a window but I'm quietly confident Killie will be below Dundee and outwith the top 6

^^^^took it personally I see

Nothing but relief after those two matches. The better team over 180 minutes won.

I think thats him now at 3 wins in 15 games. I'm positively quivering at the thought of him leading Killie over an entire season.

I can understand why plenty are using Clark's Killie record as a stick to beat him with, as on paper it is pretty poor. However, there are mitigating factors behind it, predominantly, inheriting a squad bereft of confidence and sorely lacking in key areas. Things haven't been perfect of course, but there has been a marked improvement in performances and morale which wouldn't necessarily be obvious to people who don't watch the team regularly. 

Obviously I can't speak for all Kilmarnock fans, but it certainly seems that a lot of the support have really taken to Lee Clark since he has arrived. He says the sort of things that a lot of supporters like to hear and the way he behaves on the touchline encourages a positive reaction from the stands. I don't necessarily buy into the idea that a manager has to kick every ball in order to be an effective influence on the touchline, but it certainly helps ingratiate yourself to a new support.

I can also understand why other fans think Clark is a bit of a dick, but in the same way Kenny Shiels was a dick - he's our dick. 

As for next season, there's no doubting that our budget will be cut again given the AGM figures and our previous league position, however I'm happy to give Clark the chance to show what he's made of in terms of wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. I imagine we'll see a host of English lower league journeymen and loanees becoming Killie players over the summer, and if we can 'do a Caley' then I'll be happy enough. Finishing clear of the bottom two spots should be the minimum expectation, but there's nothing wrong with aiming for the top six. I'm confident, but then again I've been wrong in the past...

tbh the Championship would have been a laugh next season. Imagine riding absolute shite like that every week.

Well I for one am extremely glad that we don't have to be subjected to this level of abuse from the Kilmarnock fans in the championship forum.

tbh the Championship would have been a laugh next season. Imagine riding absolute shite like that every week.

You'd have been one of the absolute shite hoping their arse was intact come next May. 

I do have to laugh at these fans that infest these boards challenging other posters to " charity bets"

I suspect it's an insecurity thing and they were once the subject of bullying or some other psychological trauma in their life .

If I'm not mistaken this site is for the laying down of thoughts on a plethora of topics by ordinary people whose opinion, whether informed or not , is valid.

Some posters do it with the specific intention to goad or troll others truly believe what they are saying is gospel and there are a majority who are just voicing an opinion or thought. I am in the later category and I am quite comfortable if my thoughts turn out to be foolhardy or just plain wrong . (f I have an opinion that's the opposite of someone's and I feel I can contribute I will do so but I have never sought to validate this by challenging another fan in such a childish way as to attempt to invoke a guilty feeling should I not participate in a charity bet. That's primary one stuff .

There is a charity bet thread which I am sure makes welcome contributions which will attract the people who wish to participate . Go there if you feel the need to give ! Don't come over all billy big baws when someone ignores or refuses your bet this is not a school playground although I do like the humorous comebacks form your opponents

If you wish to do your bit for charity and see it necessary to be seen doing so may I suggest you google the charities commission or just go down your local high street and pop in . They will welcome you with open arms

I do have to laugh at these fans that infest these boards challenging other posters to " charity bets"

I suspect it's an insecurity thing and they were once the subject of bullying or some other psychological trauma in their life .

If I'm not mistaken this site is for the laying down of thoughts on a plethora of topics by ordinary people whose opinion, whether informed or not , is valid.

Some posters do it with the specific intention to goad or troll others truly believe what they are saying is gospel and there are a majority who are just voicing an opinion or thought. I am in the later category and I am quite comfortable if my thoughts turn out to be foolhardy or just plain wrong . (f I have an opinion that's the opposite of someone's and I feel I can contribute I will do so but I have never sought to validate this by challenging another fan in such a childish way as to attempt to invoke a guilty feeling should I not participate in a charity bet. That's primary one stuff .

There is a charity bet thread which I am sure makes welcome contributions which will attract the people who wish to participate . Go there if you feel the need to give ! Don't come over all billy big baws when someone ignores or refuses your bet this is not a school playground although I do like the humorous comebacks form your opponents

If you wish to do your bit for charity and see it necessary to be seen doing so may I suggest you google the charities commission or just go down your local high street and pop in . They will welcome you with open arms

^^^took it personally I see

Killie_lad has lost the place.

You stated a few posts back that you think Killie should be aiming for top 6 next season but that 4th wasn't unrealistic. That is an embarrassing claim, inspired by bravado at a routine win over a lower league side who have shown, time and again this season, they are not top flight quality. I think even Utd may have done them over 2 legs and I do not say that lightly.

You've been pulled for it, rightly IMO and don't seem to like it. Unlucky.

If it's football discussion you want I'll give you it.

Lee Clark has won 2 games in 13 matches against opposition in the same league as him. This is despite him bringing in 3 or 4 of his own players (Addison, Dicker, Faubert?, Hodson) - none of whom will have been cheap I may add.

if we extrapolate his record over a season that's roughly 6 league wins in a full season. That is 2 less than Dundee Utd this season.

I've not been following the situation closely, but I believe Kilmarnock are bleeding money at the moment to the point where relegation was being viewed as potentially catastrophic. I doubt securing survival completely eradicates those money problems.

Somehow though you expect Lee Clark to significantly improve the squad with next to no money to work with to the extent that you will improve your league position dramatically. Lets not forget that, once again, it will be a harder league next season. Hearts were an improvement on St. Mirren this season, Rangers will be an improvement on Dundee Utd next season and will be expected to finish in the top 6 by most (top 2 by the media & Rainjurz peepul).

I don't know the contract situation of your players so can't comment on that but if you are honest there aren't many players in that side who are capable of playing for any of the top 6 sides. I like Slater, Kiltie has promise and Magennis has come on leaps and bounds but outwith that I wouldn't thank you for any Kilmarnock player. Not one.

Let's hear your proposals for how Lee Clark is going to turn a squad of limited players into top 6 stalwarts pushing for Europe please.

Perfectly put!

Archived