Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

:lol:

f**k sake.

How many wins has Lee Clark had?

You have no hope of a top 6 finish.

None.

I think thats him now at 3 wins in 15 games. I'm positively quivering at the thought of him leading Killie over an entire season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I invite you to take part in a bet. £20 that Kilmarnock don't finish top 6.

Killie_Lad is also invited.

well for one you'd get better odds at a bookies than evens for killie finishing in the top 6, so that would make absolutely no sense to take you up on that, I also don't gamble so.. I have acknowledged he has had a bad record but our team is atrocious and he has said we'll be recruiting heavily over the summer. We were just below well and beat them 2-0 before they went on a run and finished top 6 and they are stinking too. I think you forget quite how bad most of the teams in the league are, st johnstone finished 4th, we hammered them 3-0 just last month and knocked them out of the league cup.

Nobody is pished on anything, i have (as have other killie fans) been willing to give clarke a chance with his own team, as shocking a concept that is, because it's it a bit shit to judge someone in a run of tough games, with a horrible team that has low morale. We should be aiming for top 6. But no, you're right we should all be hoping for an 11th placed finish and maybe we'll scrape through on the last day again. 

I think thats him now at 3 wins in 15 games. I'm positively quivering at the thought of him leading Killie over an entire season.

considering gary locke knocked you out of the scottish cup and clarke got his team to give yous a pumping, i don't blame you :)

I invite you to take part in a bet. £20 that Kilmarnock don't finish top 6.

Killie_Lad is also invited.

I've bookmarked it, but I'm not stupid.  It's Killie we're talking about.  I wouldn't put a fiver on us beating Linlithgow Rose.

well for one you'd get better odds at a bookies than evens for killie finishing in the top 6, so that would make absolutely no sense to take you up on that, I also don't gamble so.. I have acknowledged he has had a bad record but our team is atrocious and he has said we'll be recruiting heavily over the summer. We were just below well and beat them 2-0 before they went on a run and finished top 6 and they are stinking too. I think you forget quite how bad most of the teams in the league are, st johnstone finished 4th, we hammered them 3-0 just last month and knocked them out of the league cup.

Nobody is pished on anything, i have (as have other killie) fans been willing to give clarke a chance with his own team, as shocking a concept that is, because it's it a bit shit to judge someone in a run of tough games, with a horrible team that has low morale. We should be aiming for top 6. But no, you're right we should all be hoping for an 11th placed finish and maybe we'll scrape through on the last day again.

considering gary locke knocked you out of the scottish cup and clarke got his team to give yous a pumping, i don't blame you :)

What a mess.

Oh my.

Physically Killie just ran over the top of Falkirk. I think the least you expect is to be up for the battle. Killie were the better team in both games - I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Kilmarnock were better than us over 2 games and deservedly won the tie. However, to celebrate like you've won a trophy is rather embarrassing, considering the plight there club is likely to be in soon

A game too much for us this season and it's hard to take considering the highs we've had but have to use it as a tool to come back stronger.

Kilmarnock were better than us over 2 games and deservedly won the tie. However, to celebrate like you've won a trophy is rather embarrassing, considering the plight there club is likely to be in soon

A game too much for us this season and it's hard to take considering the highs we've had but have to use it as a tool to come back stronger.

Think your post could be described as a bitter sandwich.

Game 1 or game 50 doesn't matter, the gap was huge, it's time for the Championship sides to rethink their strategy in order to close the gap.

Well done to the Bairns fans. Great support, sang all game and stayed until the end to a man. Clapped their team off and peacefully left the stadium and the town. Absolute class.

On Gordon Sawers. He hung around after the game and waited for the players again, (as he does every week ), and was begging for freebies, (as he does every week). He was even asking the club photographer to take photos of him and his boy and gave a mouthful of abuse when refused.

He is a mess of a man and a father. A lifetime ban isn't long enough.

Wow... just wow. I'm still in disbelief that we've managed to not only win a game we really needed to, but absolutely stroll it given the nature of our season. I was surprised on Thursday that Falkirk weren't as good as I thought they'd be, but not surprised at all that we couldn't get the ball in the net and that they scored in the very last minute. We could not have asked for a better start and although we fell out of it a bit from 25 minutes until half-time I thought we were still doing fine. I wasn't happy until the third goal went in, given that Falkirk had had a decent bit of possession prior to that, and the fourth goal... oh wow, that was quite some defending.

The Falkirk fans were absolutely fantastic at TFS and RP and deserve a massive amount of credit for backing their team in what's been a great season for them, with that record in the Championship they're unlucky not to have come up. Good patter with the guys outside the turnstiles and I wish you guys all the best for next year, hopefully with promotion!

Killie_lad has lost the place.

You stated a few posts back that you think Killie should be aiming for top 6 next season but that 4th wasn't unrealistic. That is an embarrassing claim, inspired by bravado at a routine win over a lower league side who have shown, time and again this season, they are not top flight quality. I think even Utd may have done them over 2 legs and I do not say that lightly.

You've been pulled for it, rightly IMO and don't seem to like it. Unlucky.

If it's football discussion you want I'll give you it.

Lee Clark has won 2 games in 13 matches against opposition in the same league as him. This is despite him bringing in 3 or 4 of his own players (Addison, Dicker, Faubert?, Hodson) - none of whom will have been cheap I may add.

if we extrapolate his record over a season that's roughly 6 league wins in a full season. That is 2 less than Dundee Utd this season.

I've not been following the situation closely, but I believe Kilmarnock are bleeding money at the moment to the point where relegation was being viewed as potentially catastrophic. I doubt securing survival completely eradicates those money problems.

Somehow though you expect Lee Clark to significantly improve the squad with next to no money to work with to the extent that you will improve your league position dramatically. Lets not forget that, once again, it will be a harder league next season. Hearts were an improvement on St. Mirren this season, Rangers will be an improvement on Dundee Utd next season and will be expected to finish in the top 6 by most (top 2 by the media & Rainjurz peepul).

I don't know the contract situation of your players so can't comment on that but if you are honest there aren't many players in that side who are capable of playing for any of the top 6 sides. I like Slater, Kiltie has promise and Magennis has come on leaps and bounds but outwith that I wouldn't thank you for any Kilmarnock player. Not one.

Let's hear your proposals for how Lee Clark is going to turn a squad of limited players into top 6 stalwarts pushing for Europe please.

Great support and great season for us, bit disappointing to finish it in the manner we did. I can understand the tactics employed in the first leg, playing cautiously, players on yellow cards etc but why did Houston insist on going with the same tactics when it never worked the first time. Kilmarnock were much stronger than us and Magennis vs Leahy was a mis match.  Need to bulk the squad up in the summer.

"Their".

Oh and, we keep hearing season on season about how we're on the brink and yet here we are.

We're the cockroaches of Scottish football, if you will.

Oh and re Gordon Sawers - I do wish he'd f**k off.  An absolute mess of a man.  And that's from someone who almost popped a capillary when Scotland voted No.

:)

Archived