Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

Can't remember the last time I saw us play so poorly and win, and can't remember the last time I saw a game with so much head tennis. Brutal stuff, and not like us at all. Given our wee guys - Sibbs, Kerr, Bob, Baird, Shepp - were up against their men-mountains, in midfield and attack, couldn't believe we got suckered into playing to Killie's strengths rather than our own. Also thought we looked a bit intimidated by the Ayrshire agricultural tactics, and worryingly our usually most reliable guys in Sibbald & Kerr had poor games in midfield... 

We really need to get the ball on the ground on Sunday, get better width and get their big guys on the turn; and get Kerr and Sibbald better involved in the middle of the park where I thought we were over-run at times. 

As Houstie said, don't know if Kilmarnock will play better on Sunday, but we def need to.  COYB. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV pundits ...gotta love them lol .....the first half penalty shout for Killie >>> He should have went down to get the penalty cos contact was definitely made

the first half penalty shout for Falkirk>>.There was contact yes but he went down too easily

Just cant win can they ?? lol

I think the difference is that one was a clear foul which would definitely have been given anywhere else on the pitch and the other was a dive.

This is not sour grapes because we didn't take our chances and you guys did.

He done well but Addison is some size.

Addison is a big boy but he's like an HGV reversing when he tries to move. He's less than useless in the air because he needs 3 minutes warning and a run up to jump.

Fills a shirt though.

By all accounts Killie have sold well over 8,000 for Sunday, (so far), and the shop has been mobbed again today. We could be looking at a record attendance at the new RP for a game outside the ugly sisters. Add to that total the 4,400 from Falkirk and it's gonna be busy!

Did nobody else feel Bob won more than his fair share of balls in the air??

He's making me eat my words with his performances, didn't have enough impact for me in his starts previously,but he obviously has been putting the effort in training or the fact he is reasonably fresh from a stop start season. He has gone from first name on the bench to a definite starter.

How many do you predict will come onto the pitch to taunt the Falkirk fans if Killie win?

Probably the same couple of hundred morons who did it the last time. It was absolutely uncalled for and I was quite embarrassed by that.

Remind me, Killie fans, what street do the away supporters buses park again?

From memory it's a good 10min walk from the stadium?

It's usually around Holmquarry Rd/Burnside St at the old Safeway car park. It's a couple of minutes walk at most.

How many do you predict will come onto the pitch to taunt the Falkirk fans if Killie win?

I'll personally feel cheated if we don't get a rammy at least as good as the one at the end of Motherwell vs Rangers last year.  Every playoff match should end in that manner.

By all accounts Killie have sold well over 8,000 for Sunday, (so far), and the shop has been mobbed again today. We could be looking at a record attendance at the new RP for a game outside the ugly sisters. Add to that total the 4,400 from Falkirk and it's gonna be busy!

Don't be daft. St Johnstone game to decide Europe was a massive game. 17,000ish if I recall correctly.

Also believe we used to get around 12/13,000 vs Hearts around same era?

I'll personally feel cheated if we don't get a rammy at least as good as the one at the end of Motherwell vs Rangers last year. Every playoff match should end in that manner.

Can we get Trololol Moshni along for the half-time entertainment?

"And the winning ticket is 5 *thump* 5 *thump* 5 *thump* 5..."

MacDonald has been fantastic for us this season, but he maybe struggles to handle the pressure on big occasions. Looked really nervy last night.

I think that's his downfall doesn't seem too clever in high pressure games,hence the poor display in last night's game and last year's cup final

Does seem a genuine guy but definitely something lacking in his game

Archived