Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were playing reasonably well pish but slightly better than a poor Falkirk side

FTFY

For all Boyd is being slated, and he does look fat and slow, his through ball to Obadeye was excellent, as was his curling left foot shot Sibbald cleared.

Boyd is Killie's biggest problem IMO.  His selection reeks of Clark (and Locke before) desperately hoping he'll show a glimpse of his former scoring ability when it matters.  Unfortunately for Killie, that hasn't happened.  I believe he has at least one more year on his contract too, so is likely to be leading the line in their promotion/relegation battle next season.  That has to be a concern to Killie fans.

That sibbald clearance astonishes me. Why the hell did he stay on the line?. Thought he was great last night.

We had a couple spells in both halves when we were the better side however, by far didn't deserve that win with the chances Killie missed.

The referee was poor, the booking for kerr and foul he gave against mchugh 5 mins after, both the sibbald and obedayi penalty claims.The bt pundits done the same for the obedayi penalty as they did with the keatings penalty. Talked it into the ground saying that mccracken should of got sent off (when he shouldn't have).. it should have been a penalty even if he doesn't go down. He stayed on his feet and managed to get the ball away from his feet, with a very small obstruction. Idiotic from leahy though. The sibbald one was then batted off as soft when i think sibbald was quite smart in what he done, similar to mccann vs the scum in the semi final. Quite boring listening to bt, thank feck ill be at the game sunday.

credit to rodgers who i thought was outstanding as apposed to Jamie McDonald haha! 

i can't see us loosing sunday (touch wood). going to be a cracker COYB!

Can't agree at all with the criticism of Boyd.  I thought he was well up for the game and led the line very well.  He was constantly holding it up and bringing the wide players into play.  His ball over the top for Obadeyi's sitter was excellent.  His finishing was absolutely atrocious though - he does seem to have lost that touch in front of goal a little bit.

Not sure who else folk would have expected us to pick up front with Magennis out injured.

There was a very tense air of anticipation around the SS last night. Just didnt have anywhere near the same atmosphere as it did last Friday. Partly because nothing was decided last night but i also feel that nobody knew what to expect.

I think the atmosphere will be electric in the away end on Sunday. We do play equally as good away from home, based on the home performance it wouldnt be hard.

Terrible match, i think we all agree Killie were the better team but so were Hibs for the most part, neither team seems to take their chances.

On Sunday we need the ball to be on the deck more as Killie dealt with our long balls all night.

McCracken played really well to be fair to him after a run of poor games. Sunday is going to be something else, for the first time this season I'd actually like us to play an extra midfielder instead of a striker. Possibly Hippo in for Baird, him coming on seemed to make us play football slightly more. Whatever happens, having one game left and just needing a draw for promotion is an incredible achievement for this team.

Agree with this.

Was saying last night throughout the second half, that we need to get the ball down. I cant imagine what the neautrals thought watching on TV, ping pong in the air is rotten. 4 - 5 - 1 would make me feel comfortable but you know Housty, 4-4-2 has worked a treat for us.

The criticism of McDonald by some on here is unfounded . This season he has unbelievably saved us from several defeats being heavier than they were and kept us in games when we were rank rotten , which is a lot of games !

Falkirk fans have an embittered view about cup finals ....get over it

The criticism of McDonald by some on here is unfounded . This season he has unbelievably saved us from several defeats being heavier than they were and kept us in games when we were rank rotten , which is a lot of games !

:lol:  :lol: :lol:  

So we can't criticise his performance in one of your most important games of the season because he's been great all season? Away tae f**k.

The attempt at the standard catch in the second half that went through his fingers was good though eh? Plus the inability to hold it in the first half from a tame shot. or indeed the howitzer of keeping his legs wide open and being megged from 20 yards outl, really unfounded!

Can't agree at all with the criticism of Boyd.  I thought he was well up for the game and led the line very well.  He was constantly holding it up and bringing the wide players into play.  His ball over the top for Obadeyi's sitter was excellent.  His finishing was absolutely atrocious though - he does seem to have lost that touch in front of goal a little bit.

Not sure who else folk would have expected us to pick up front with Magennis out injured.

Is this not the part that Boyd is there to do though? It's certainly what you need a lone striker to do in a play off final when two good chances fall his way.  He is clearly overweight, unfit and struggles to get out of 2nd gear as a result.

Wiki says he's scored 5 goals in 29 games this season, and I think 3 of them were in one game?  If that's correct, it's confirmation of the poor season that he's had, especially when you factor in he'll be one of the highest earners at the club.  It's perhaps telling of Kilmarnock's season, and the quality of their squad, that he's the automatic replacement for Magennis.

As soon as Falkirk set up their free kick you could see exactly what was going to happen, yet Killie didn't see it or react to it. Hopeless. Had Boyd finished any of his three or four clear chances then it wouldn't have mattered much, but if my Maw had baws she'd be my Da. Thought it was a bold choice to play Ashcroft in place of Balatoni, and whilst I'm not Ashcroft's biggest fan, I thought it was the right call as I've been hoping he would replace Conrad for a few games now. Wasn't a lot of great football played at times last night. Going to be a nervy one on Sunday.

KIlmarnock had 3 chances ...Falkirk had 1 plus of course they scored a goal.

I remember Baird having 1 in each half plus Mcdonald dropping a cross which luckily for Killie didn't fall for us but your defender on the line.

As soon as Falkirk set up their free kick you could see exactly what was going to happen, yet Killie didn't see it or react to it.

I was sitting right in front of this and was amazed nobody picked Sibbald up. It's not like he darted into space and lost his man, he was standing unmarked for a good few seconds before the kick was taken. Considering our recent escapades, it's wild that Killie would switch off like that for a stoppage time free kick in a dangerous area.

Archived