Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a season in the Championship will do Killie good. There's only so many turgid seasons of pish you can have in the top flight. It'll just be the same next season if you stay up.

I agree..4 games v Ayr , 4 games v Hibs and Utd while challenging for a top 4 place or a title will pull in a lot more fans than the struggle to stay up..I honestly think that is the only thing that will get more locals going back..championship is now more competitive than ever..

Rode our luck at times but certainly not to the extent we could have been pumped, draw probably would have been fair. Will never tire of 90th minute goals.

That's a few folk I've seen now laughing at players like Baird, Kerr, Muirhead being in our team. Players who have consistently performed at 1st Division/Championship level playing for a Championship team. Absurd. IF, not getting ahead of myself, we do go up I'm sure Houston will apply a equivalent signing policy for the Premiership.

Next two days are going to drag.

Was worried before the game that killie would bully us and unfortunately thats what happened in the main. Ball spent far too long in the air and that was only ever going to suit one team and it wasnt us. It also made for an awful game to watch. We struggled badly to get the ball down and play it with the likes of kerr and sibbald looking jaded. Thought mchugh was excellent and big cracks had a decent game for a change. Jamie mcdonald spent the whole of last season trying to get us up and the whole 90 mins tonight also trying to get us up. He really had a shocker. Wouldve taken nil nil we were playing that poorly so to go to rugby park a goal up is a definite bonus. Its obviously defending like that in the 91st min thats meant killie are in this position. Anyones game still.

That big centre half Killie have MUST have a steroid supplier on speed dial. What a big unit he is

Really happy with the win because basically it was robbery. Our midfield were very disjointed and our usual slick passing was very slack. Glad to see our defence ( luckily ) keeping a clean sheet. Game was crying out for big Lee but rumour is that he passed a late fitness test but Houston preferred to keep him for Sunday..

Did not see any Falkirk fans leaving early because we now know what happens! VaulksðŸ‘

Please let him stay for next season

Terrible match, i think we all agree Killie were the better team but so were Hibs for the most part, neither team seems to take their chances.

On Sunday we need the ball to be on the deck more as Killie dealt with our long balls all night.

McCracken played really well to be fair to him after a run of poor games. Sunday is going to be something else, for the first time this season I'd actually like us to play an extra midfielder instead of a striker. Possibly Hippo in for Baird, him coming on seemed to make us play football slightly more. Whatever happens, having one game left and just needing a draw for promotion is an incredible achievement for this team.

That big centre half Killie have MUST have a steroid supplier on speed dial. What a big unit he is

Really happy with the win because basically it was robbery. Our midfield were very disjointed and our usual slick passing was very slack. Glad to see our defence ( luckily ) keeping a clean sheet. Game was crying out for big Lee but rumour is that he passed a late fitness test but Houston preferred to keep him for Sunday..

Did not see any Falkirk fans leaving early because we now know what happens! VaulksðŸ‘

Please let him stay for next season

Would disagree with Miller being the player we were needing. Despite his great physical presence, we weren't needing high balls to that absolute Giants in defence. Crying out for O'Hara in behind when tired. Can see why he went for Hippolyte ahead of those two, almost a hybrid of the two.

See the Killie fans saying they'll look forward to the Championship? I'm sure you do really but won't the club be fucked financially if you do go down?

St Mirren fans were saying similar last year, before eventually finding out that fighting another relegation battle while traveling to dumps like Fife and Dumbarton every other week isn't actually all that fun.

I would agree that Killie slightly edged it but not as far as some are making out. The stats back this up ffc had more shots, more shots on target, more corners and more goals!! They only had slightly more possession also. I thought the midfield looked a bit tired tonight so hope they rest well for Sunday. We should be very positive about Sunday we have players that can come on and hurt them. If we score first they will be up against it and even if they score two before us they will be edgy knowing we only need one goal at any time. They have a poor record and we have 5000 noisy fans going down. Finally I think the fact we keep scoring late is starting to spook teams they know they can't floor us

Kilmarnock made no substitutions tonight. I take it they are struggling with squad fitness issues or something? Seems crazy with the reverse fixture only three days away.

Had a good blether with Scott Arfield tonight. Top lad.

Nah, Lee Clarks just a complete idiot.

Actually more positive now than I was before the game. Our poorest performance for many weeks, apparently that was a good Kilmarnock effort and we go into the second leg with a lead.

Got to think we will play better on Sunday, take us to just about grind out the win.

I think a season in the Championship will do Killie good. There's only so many turgid seasons of pish you can have in the top flight. It'll just be the same next season if you stay up.

Three seasons in the Championship followed by twenty in the seasides leagues might not be so beneficial.

What I've taken from the highlights - two fucking awful teams. Falkirk were lucky not to concede a penalty when Leahy went in on Obedayi but he stayed on his feet only to overhit the cross ( :lol: ) - he's actually got worse since I first slagged him off for being shite!

Sibbald is turning into a right good wee player. Hair - or lack of - is extremely dodgy though. Great header off the line.

Farting about on YouTube before my mate got into the pub I noticed the option to watch it on the pub's massive Sony Bravia TV rather than my phone. So as my parting gift to the pub I stuck on the 97 cup final highlights and fired it across to the telly, changing it over from Sky News in the process.

Falkirk may have won the first leg but really, who had the bigger laugh overall?

:(

Archived