Falkirk vs Kilmarnock, Kilmarnock vs Falkirk

IM wondering if McGinnis is pulling a fast one ...after all it was him that approached the manager and said he didnt want to play claiming injury....mebbe he doesnt want to play in case injury keeps him out the Euros and he knows hed get a move if Killie went down?? Just saying

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to say it but I can't see Falkirk not scoring on Sunday given the Killie defence making it impossible for Killie to avoid relegation. I fancy 1-1 score. Falkirk definitely not as good media pundits making them out to be and will need at least a good 5 or 6 better players to avoid falling back to Championship after next season.

I hate to say it but I can't see Falkirk not scoring on Sunday given the Killie defence making it impossible for Killie to avoid relegation. I fancy 1-1 score. Falkirk definitely not as good media pundits making them out to be and will need at least a good 5 or 6 better players to avoid falling back to Championship after next season.

The latter part is nonsense really. Based on one 90 minutes? We lost 4 games in the Championship, and saw off Hibs for a reason.

The Falkirk squad is no worse than the likes of Hamilton or Thistle or Ross.

It would even now be a squad that could compete around 8th or 9th.

I wish you luck if you get up but if you don't strengthen having watched premiership teams all season I think you'll struggle albeit based on this one game.

No doubt we need to strengthen if we go up. 

Guys like Muirhead, Watson, Miller etc would need to be bit part players in the SPFL

Leahy, Vaulks, Sibbs and Alston (if retained) are the only guys that are really SPFL quality starting XI players. Bob McHugh and Myles Hippolyte have the potential to mature into that and then we have a bunch of players that are decent backups/rotational guys.

At an absolute minimum I think we'd need about 5-6 new signings.

Yes, right. Well based on us beasting Sevco regularly, I'm assuming they will also struggle to stay up?

The Premiership is rubbish. Even dross like Hibs would be top 8 comfortably.

Stop talking please

Yes, right. Well based on us beasting Sevco regularly, I'm assuming they will also struggle to stay up?

The Premiership is rubbish. Even dross like Hibs would be top 8 comfortably.

Our record against Sevco is dreadful. Only beaten them twice in history.

Have you been on the sauce tonight H_B?

The latter part is nonsense really. Based on one 90 minutes? We lost 4 games in the Championship, and saw off Hibs for a reason.

We thought like this when coming up to the Premiership in 12/13. We were wrong, and numerous players we thought would step up, were basically out of their depth. You may know a few of them...

It's a tougher league than you think it'll be. I don't doubt Falkirk will strengthen should you achieve promotion, but it would be incredibly naive to think that squad right now is good enough to comfortably stay up.

obviously over a season celtic are well ahead, and teams like Aberdeen and hearts have done well. but the idea that there's this sizeable gulf in quality between the bottom half of the top league and the championship is total nonsense! if any team in the bottom 6 were placed in next years championship (with the same squads they have now) I doubt any of them would get near hibs!

there are advantages to being in the top league, someone like scobbie would probably stayed at Falkirk instead of moving to the saints if we were both in the top league but the top players, the real quality get snapped up by English teams, means the "gulf" in class isn't as great as a lot of posters on here think.

Didn't Ross County beast you 7-0 earlier in the season?

Archived